I have just been locked out

predator002

Champions League
14 November 2004
Hi sorry but has something happened with evo-web today?

Ive just tried to login and it says because my email address cannot be contacted so I can no longer can post on the forum.

Firstly I've had to select an entirely different email address, what is up with my original email address because I want to change it back.

Secondly why due to an email address which has worked for 16 years or so, do you block the entire website? I cant ask any of the mods for help, no page is available to message and no person is allowed to be messaged. This is very worrying if it happens to others stuck in this scenario.

Can any of the mods help me use my correct email address? is hotmail no longer acceptable? I've tried changing back but the confirmation email doesnt arrive.

Yo!

No changes on our end, I'm afraid. I'd be aware of that. I'll look into things, though.

Okay, there's definitely something going on with hotmail addresses, I'm seeing tons of bounces which do indeed render your mail addresses invalid. I'll see what I can do about it.

@Tom

With the 'outlook' email I have problems, I can't see the PES editions, comment, or send a message on the PV. I can see other parts of the site, but still cannot comment.

Reactions: Tom
You will probably need to re-validate your account after changing your mail address to Outlook in order to get things working properly. Did you get an activation mail after you've changed your mail address?

@Tom
Not receivi
I log out of this account and go to the 'outlook' account, enter the email and do not receive the notification email to validate.

Not even in the spam folder?

New registrations seem to work fine and there haven't been any bounces since midnight CEST which lead me to believe it's fixed. Would like to hear back from some Hotmail or Live users, too. Thanks so far, it's appreciated!

@F.Totti10 Splendid!

To give you some explanation without the need of a NASA degree: "Bounced" email addresses like the ones affected by this whole mess are rendered as "invalid" which means: No matter what you try, that specific email address won't ever work here again, as far as I can tell. I didn't know that until now and it sucks. So I had to reset your status manually.

@predator002 , could you please try changing your mail address back to the Hotmail one and tell me what happens? Thanks a ton, bud!

@Tom
Thank you for the explanation! It happens on the best sites, very good for site, you already found the solution.

@F.Totti10 Splendid!

To give you some explanation without the need of a NASA degree: "Bounced" email addresses like the ones affected by this whole mess are rendered as "invalid" which means: No matter what you try, that specific email address won't ever work here again, as far as I can tell. I didn't know that until now and it sucks. So I had to reset your status manually.

@predator002 , could you please try changing your mail address back to the Hotmail one and tell me what happens? Thanks a ton, bud!
Yes thanks Tom I’ve been able to swap back to my usual email address yay! Thanks for sorting it out!

• Love
Well, it still doesn't work for my old hotmail.com address ... verification mail didn't arrive when trying to switch back to old hotmail address. Not to inbox, not to junk folder.

Well, it still doesn't work for my old hotmail.com address ... verification mail didn't arrive when trying to switch back to old hotmail address. Not to inbox, not to junk folder.

Thanks for the feedback, zlac, it's really weird. However, I've reverted your profile back to your Hotmail address manually if that's okay with you.

My log tells me the bug might be back again. Le sigh. Sorry guys :( I'll try to manually fix as many accounts as I can so you won't have to do anything.

Sorry for anyone having hassle - every now and then Microsoft start blocking emails from us as spam. At the moment my test Outlook account is working OK and according to Microsoft's own tools our server is "normal" and not currently blocked. I can see from their logs that emails have been flagged recently but nothing in the last couple of days.

However, our bounce log (thanks, Tom for firefighting btw!) shows that our server is on one of their block lists at the moment so their own tools don't seem to line up with reality.

I've raised a ticket with them (again) to try and sort it out and will update here if I get anything back.

I know this doesn't directly help but we're trying.

This should be resolved or at least resolving now:
IMG_0667ew.jpg

• Love
Back
Top Bottom