How to set up the PS2 to play online?

supergallas

Non-League
12 April 2005
Hi everyone is there anyone out there that could help me to set up my ps2 so i can play online i really havnt got a clue how to do it i have a 2mb broadband connection i just need to no what wires i need to get, i lost my ps2 manual so i would have looked in there. i would be so greatfull if someone could help me

cheers

liam

You need to get your ISP to give you a gaming IP address as it sometimes runs slower using a browser IP. A gaming IP has no lag on it and runs crisper than simply plugging in an ethernet cable to your PS2.

Sorry, I work for blueyonder Technical Support, had to be said \\:o/

aarondowney21 said:
You need to get your ISP to give you a gaming IP address as it sometimes runs slower using a browser IP. A gaming IP has no lag on it and runs crisper than simply plugging in an ethernet cable to your PS2.

This isn't really true at all....

Unless BlueYonder is actually that bad that their connections need it.:lol:

Seriously though, the difference would be minimal, the only problem that might occur is a firewall blockage, and thats easily avoided by port forwarding or opening, nothing to do with the speed of the connection. The fact that a gaming IP will have "no lag" is a blatant lie as well, as it depends on a lot of factors, not just the fact you have a seperate "gaming" IP, which in actual fact is just another IP from more than likely the same server that you got your first non "gaming" IP address from. It's basically a lovely way for an ISP to charge you a fiver (or whatever) more a month for something they make you think you need.:roll:

"It's basically a lovely way for an ISP to charge you a fiver (or whatever) more a month for something they make you think you need."

Exactly!!!

Yeah, my brother is on NTL and rang them up about ps2 online. They said that they would have to charge him extra and that he would need a new box or something. But I went round his with my ps2 hooked it up and it works perfectly. NTL MONEY GRABBING GITS!

help would really be appreciated on setting up the ps2 online as i have no clue.

firstly i am living in halls and have a lan connection for the internet and a slimline ps2.

does the fact i have a lan connection prevent me from playing online.

it depends if your network has ports blocked, and if PES5 uses the blocked ports. Only one way to really find out, hook it up and see if it works. :D

Back
Top Bottom