How do you like playing BAL?

How do you like playing BAL?

• Total voters
I remember played the mode "Fantasista" before, on i don't know which PES (i think it was a Winning eleven so jap version) then i played a bit BAL in 2009.
In total perhaps 7 matches to be kind in my life. I prefers to play alone with my ba... (but i prefers the growth type "standard")

No joke i kinda liked the Fantasista mode. That one i played a lot more it was fresh. But when it came back under the "BAL" name that people were saying at the time that it was a copy of Be A Pro who was a copy of Fantasista they just given up years ago lol
Didn't played it, but i played with friends online 10 vs 10, well we never been really 10 but at least 3 to 5 people max by team.

It was a gigant ruckus on the PS4 "party" lol

Last edited:
Thanks for your opinions guys. :) I agree with @etb10dmk that 2010-13 is perhaps the best BAL in terms of content, even if 21 is graphically at another level. I've wanted to start a BAL for a long time, I think I might do it in PES 2010-13, Thing is, I usually like playing 15-20 minute matches but that seems a bit long for BAL. I think I'll settle for 10 mins, just hope that I'll have enough realistic-scoring games. I think maybe 13 is the most offensively geared out of all of those installments so I'll probably go with that one. I really wanted to continue my Peter Okbepe BAL as a Nigerian CB but unfortunately playing as a CB is a bit too inactive.. So maybe I'll try creating an Asian DMF or something like that. :)
And what about your South Korean midfielder? Did you stop playing with him?

@Edge Hex Yeah I did! I actually don't have that save anymore, he was a creative AMF but thanks for reminding me! He is an option for the future. :)

Are you playing BAL nowadays, are you still playing with your Chilean player Herrera?

@Edge Hex Yeah I did! I actually don't have that save anymore, he was a creative AMF but thanks for reminding me! He is an option for the future. :)

Are you playing BAL nowadays, are you still playing with your Chilean player Herrera?
Hm, sometimes I play with him. But it was becoming a bit boring, so I stopped playing so often.
I was tracking some stats from other players in the career and putting it on a spreadsheet, like how many goals they scored. David Villa scored 60 goals for Valencia on the second season, it was great. But it's hard to manually write down those things

Sorry for taking so long to answer

Bros, I was wondering what your personal preference is regarding BAL camera.

What camera do you like to use? The default "behind the player" camera, or some other one? Which camera do you think brings the best BAL experience?

Bros, I was wondering what your personal preference is regarding BAL camera.

What camera do you like to use? The default "behind the player" camera, or some other one? Which camera do you think brings the best BAL experience?

Hello mate :). This actually is a very difficult question because depends on the perspective you want your player to be seen in your roleplay. If you want him to be seen from the stands like a a supporter or a TV that comments about him or about the team during the match you should check those broadcasts or wide versions, but if you want to roleplay as him from his own perspective you should get to a vertical cam or the player cam to be immersed directly into the action. I love player cam but the only thing that bothers me with the player cam is the movement of the camera that spins so much and so fast, that in the end eventually after a match you'll feel some nausea :LOL:. I think overall the vertical cam is the only one that feels more fixed on the ball and you can view the player at the same time... you can try also those long and medium cams that are interesting but it's difficult to have on the same screen the action on the ball and your player positioning...

I was all over the place with cameras at first but now I just use the same 'from the stands' cam as I use in other modes. And I have the camera on the ball so quite often I am completely off camera. Being able to switch from ball cam to player cam can be handy but I barely use it.

Thanks guys for your opinions! :) After much experimenting, I decided to stick with the "from the stands" camera, Wide screen, but with the camera following the ball, not the player. Reason for that is because I like to see where the action is, and position my player accordingly! I agree with the behind the player camera gives me a headache after a while! Plus, playing with the "wide" camera in a way is more immersive for me, because it's like I'm watching a game on TV! I think I will stay with this one for now. :TU:

I first tried player cam in PES 2009. It was so disorienting and I felt so closed off from the position of my teammates so I didn't stick with it. When I came back to PES in 2017, and also returned to playing BAL, I decided I wanted something more immersive so I gave player cam another shot. It was the same experience lol; closed off and disorienting. Except this time I stuck with it. Eventually it sort of just clicked for me.

What helped me was playing as a right winger. Playing on the wing, especially off the ball, meant that the camera didn't rotate as much and it allowed me to get acclimated to the movement of the camera. Once I got comfortable with the camera as a winger, I began to roam more centrally. Once I got comfortable with that, I felt comfortable enough to play central positions. And when I got comfortable with that, I tried manual shooting + player cam because I hate myself (manual is hard enough without the camera moving 13 times a second). I've since gone back to advanced because I don't feel like relearning manual shooting every time I come back from a break from pes.

Since getting comfortable with it, I have to say that it is my favorite camera in any sports game and frankly it's the only camera I used (since I only play fixed cursor these days).

I do not blame anyone who doesn't use it. It takes a long time to get used to and frankly it's far from perfect.

Thanks for your opinions guys. :) I agree with @etb10dmk that 2010-13 is perhaps the best BAL in terms of content, even if 21 is graphically at another level. I've wanted to start a BAL for a long time, I think I might do it in PES 2010-13, Thing is, I usually like playing 15-20 minute matches but that seems a bit long for BAL. I think I'll settle for 10 mins, just hope that I'll have enough realistic-scoring games. I think maybe 13 is the most offensively geared out of all of those installments so I'll probably go with that one. I really wanted to continue my Peter Okbepe BAL as a Nigerian CB but unfortunately playing as a CB is a bit too inactive.. So maybe I'll try creating an Asian DMF or something like that. :)

Totally agree with you on everything.... BUT... Stop mate !!! Don't start the BAL playthrough just yet... :LOL: I have an idea so spontaneous that I think will be great for you. So, knowing that you are a very good story teller and you're enjoying so much doing those play sessions with written stories in your threads, what about if I'll give you a hint or inspiration to a possible role-play to start in BAL (in any PES 2009-2013) with somebody that you'll enjoy at 100%?

Who do you see in this picture ❓

Pibe's Inception 2.jpg

Plot thickens right? :LOL:

C. A. Valderrama Jr. is currently playing for LA Galaxy in MLS. As a hot prospect Second Striker is going on his father's steps to get into the big league. Clubs from all Europe are aware of his great talent scouting him in the last season match between LA Galaxy and Seattle Sounders.

Pibe Start.jpg

The football world needs more of "El Pibe" like never before... Will Valderrama Jr. surpass his father's ambition? Will El Pibe Jr. honors his father nickname to the everlasting glory???

Pibe Presentation.jpg

Coming next on Millossobek's BAL Written Stories...

Totally agree with you on everything.... BUT... Stop mate !!! Don't start the BAL playthrough just yet... :LOL: I have an idea so spontaneous that I think will be great for you. So, knowing that you are a very good story teller and you're enjoying so much doing those play sessions with written stories in your threads, what about if I'll give you a hint or inspiration to a possible role-play to start in BAL (in any PES 2009-2013) with somebody that you'll enjoy at 100%?

Who do you see in this picture ❓

View attachment 224928

Plot thickens right? :LOL:

C. A. Valderrama Jr. is currently playing for LA Galaxy in MLS. As a hot prospect Second Striker is going on his father's steps to get into the big league. Clubs from all Europe are aware of his great talent scouting him in the last season match between LA Galaxy and Seattle Sounders.

View attachment 224930

The football world needs more of "El Pibe" like never before... Will Valderrama Jr. surpass his father's ambition? Will El Pibe Jr. honors his father nickname to the everlasting glory???

View attachment 224933

Coming next on Millossobek's BAL Written Stories...
Yes!! This is exactly the kind of passion that I love about Written Stories!!!!! :BSCARF:

Bro, we are connected. I had a slightly different twist for a future possible ML story, El Pibe comes back, but as a 24-year old player in MONTPELLIER (where he actually played in the 1990's), but in PES 2013! I absolutely love the "son" angle, I even thought about doing another one with Sócrates son in Brasileirao (I actuallly ended up having Sócrates as the manager for my latest team, Estrela Azul Paulista), or even Iannis Hagi in Romania (actually decided to play the FCSB with other players for my 3-stars team including Pereira)! Thing is, I am already halfway through the season with Millonarios current player Juan Carlos Pereira, who is probably my favorite current player (doing a kind of back in the past story in PES 2013, you can check it out here), and already emotionally invested in it since he is my favorite current player, but I really love your El Pibe Jr. idea! Thanks for the great idea!! (This could occur in a future ML or BAL story!) We are definitely on the same wavelength, man. Modern football definitely needs more of this old-school creativity!

I also LOVED what you did with the special effects in the pictures!!!!! You should definitely try to play out a story yourself my friend!! :TU:

Yes!! This is exactly the kind of passion that I love about Written Stories!!!!! :BSCARF:

Bro, we are connected. I had a slightly different twist for a future possible ML story, El Pibe comes back, but as a 24-year old player in MONTPELLIER (where he actually played in the 1990's), but in PES 2013! I absolutely love the "son" angle, I even thought about doing another one with Sócrates son in Brasileirao (I actuallly ended up having Sócrates as the manager for my latest team, Estrela Azul Paulista), or even Iannis Hagi in Romania (actually decided to play the FCSB with other players for my 3-stars team including Pereira)! Thing is, I am already halfway through the season with Millonarios current player Juan Carlos Pereira, who is probably my favorite current player (doing a kind of back in the past story in PES 2013, you can check it out here), and already emotionally invested in it since he is my favorite current player, but I really love your El Pibe Jr. idea! Thanks for the great idea!! (This could occur in a future ML or BAL story!) We are definitely on the same wavelength, man. Modern football definitely needs more of this old-school creativity!

I also LOVED what you did with the special effects in the pictures!!!!! You should definitely try to play out a story yourself my friend!! :TU:

Thanks for all of this. The fact that we can introduce in our imagination sons of old legends to the discussion and even "invented" legends are parts of how great was PES as a platform to create interesting stories. Here we love football, that means an imaginative and accurate depiction of the great sport, so that involves lots of passion and dedication to dive into and live through those great memories. Those "what if???" dreaming moments were introduced to me in the past by a great franchise: Championship Manager. I also have a thread paying my respect to those awesome volumes, so if you are interested in reading something different, that thread is located somewhere in the "other games" section. I'd love also to start some "written adventures" there this summer because I have all the seasons for CM 01/02 from the 90's to date and it will be easy for me to do something like that knowing that I have less free time at the moment (that game is so modded and reverse engineered, it's crazy... exactly like how exploited is PES 6 :LOL: on EvoWeb).

Now back to PES art, I like all your content that you did with PES in general, it's awesome... so keep the great work !!! It's so entertaining, alive including a diverse view of football from different parts of the world. Regarding diversity, I'm planning in the future to open a thread related just for those PES 3-6 patches focused just on discussions (excluding technical problems or installations), where we can talk about those hundreds of patches and even post our best experiences during our hundreds of hours, plus hundreds of great stories or things like what makes those specific PES patches so unique...

Also, glad that you liked those stylized PES images. Those were made in PES 2009, so even if was the first game that included BAL shows how powerful tool was back then and even today to create such top class content. Both eras were so rich and great to experience PES...

Last edited:
@etb10dmk Exactly! That's one of the things I love most about PES, the versatility of it is amazing. I didn't discover PES until 2017, but once I did, I didn't look back. I went back and checked out the legendary classics (PES 5 and 6), the lesser known titles (PES 2008-10), the next generation (PES 2011-13) and all the newer titles (2014-2021) and can honestly say that I love almost all of them (with the exception of PES 2015 and 16, for different reasons-2015 had the inflated scores simulated issue, and 2016's keepers were terrible, lol). But in anycase, yes.. the versatility is awesome. The mere fact that we can let our imaginations run free, create any kind of player in any scenario, means that we can rely on our memories and also create new stories with any number of players/teams/kits, etc! This is the strength of PES bro (and by this I mean PES as it's supposed to be, not ecoinball): The beating heart of PES to me at least, lies in its offline stories, in the beautiful openness of it, you can make anything you want out of anything, the freedom of it is exhilarating!!

Thanks a lot for your kind words, bro! :TU: I am really glad that you've enjoyed my stories, I really put my heart and soul into both the playing and the storytelling aspects of it. I love playing stories from different parts of the world, or invented stories that showcase football that is not usually known in the mainstream sporting circles.. I find these really interesting, not only to showcase these parts of the sport, but also because of the emotional connection that can be built with these lesser known teams and players! I've thought about starting a story with a bigger team sometime, I think it would also be fun, but in a very context-filled stituation! Still thinking about that one! In anycase, it's really cool and encouraging that you're enjoying them! :BSCARF:

I'm not too familiar with Championship Manager, is it a type of Football Manager? (I've never played Manager games, well I did play one small one for cellphone called Soccer Manager, but I respect the history and background of these type of Manager games)! I will definitely read your thread, which I wasn't aware of until now! I think it's great you're into football storytelling as well!

Oh and one last thing, regarding a thread about different patches, take a look at this one, I've compiled several lesser known PES patches from different parts of the world! I have a feeling you will find it quite useful!

https://evoweb.uk/threads/obscure-patches-and-ofs-from-different-parts-of-the-world.92083/

Last edited:
I have worked myself up to Juventus, it's pretty late in the spring of mynfirst season there and the treble is still on. Serie A is pretty much dusted, but the semis are next in Europa League (Juve messed up the CL playoffs just before I arrived 🫣) and then there is the cup final against Fiorentina.

they should do something about player camera like the motion blur and the camera tracking ball speed they can use vertigo instead of it

Back
Top Bottom