How big is PES6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zlatan_09

I don't wanna get the game and it's over 3 gigs and it ends up having less teams than FIFA 07 and less modes.

footyfan said:
Its a 1.38gb install and it plays great, unlike Fifa which plays shite.
I beg the differ man. This year's Fifa is the bets ever and has something other than gameplay. And also incase you haven't noticed Fifa 07 is alot like PES.

BTw, has the Master League improved? Can you get fired? Or is it the same lame unscheduled mode like the previous ones?

Then I won't buy it! I was really hoping that the Master League got improved.

I played *cough* FIFA 07 *cough* for about two weeks, and then just uninstalled it (and threw it away- honestly)- it's for kids. It's the same old arcade game, with a few more childish 'tricks'. EA Sport's latest gimmick is 'ball physics'™- what a joke, it's the same old scripted nightmare. It's pinball- not football. The game looks like a cartoon zoo! The FIFA management component is for ten year olds- sorry but I found it so unrewarding- and babyish: I much prefer the Master League.

EA tried to copy (steal) Konami's gameplay style, cut-scenes, substitutions etc etc- but FAILED ABYSMALLY. They have no integrity at EA Sports- they just plagiarise other people's ideas (well... they TRY to)!

Each to his own- I prefer football SIMULATION. :)
That's just my opinion, if you prefer FIFA- great.

** Anyway, PES6 is 1.38GB (as mentioned above) **

Last edited by a moderator:
I never really understood how you people can rate a game based on gameplay alone. To be honest gameplay matters but also game modes matter as well. How can you honestly have fun doing the same thing you did last year and the year before that and the year before that. At least with FIFA the Manager Mode is different and random things happen instead of the same old boring Master League which brings nothing new to the table.

Konami have introduced MANY subtle changes to the gameplay- and as they say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"!

Yeah, it would have been nice if they had revamped the Master League system- but I reckon they've left that for the 'next gen' based versions next year. I did like the management mode in FIFA 05- but I think they've recked it in FIFA 07. Trust me, you'll get bored with it before too long...

I think gameplay is the most important aspect actually- each game of PES is DIFFERENT, exciting and unpredictable- FIFA's is always the SAME, boring, and predictable.

In my opinion®! :)

It just goes to show though, PES and FIFA are aimed at different markets really- and it's good that there's a choice.

Because the gameplay part is the part where you actually play the game, what hard to understand about that.

Gameplay is everything!

I agree with the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" logic but how could you say a Master League in which you can't even change your difficulty level without having to restart the game, thus making it completely boring when you start off as a N00b at 1 star and want to level up but can't and you are stuck winning the league, beating teams 10-0 in 2 mins. having the ultimate squad in Fifa however, there are different events. And you are not stuck with the same team doing the same thing year after year after year. At least in FIFA I can take a weak side like Sheffield Wednesday and bring them to the biggest club in the world. And at least I know what team is my team without having to download hundreds of Mega bytes of files just to get the clubs to real names.

footyfan said:
Because the gameplay part is the part where you actually play the game, what hard to understand about that.

Gameplay is everything!
I'll have to agree to some extent but in case you haven't noticed FIFA's gameplay is getting better and add gameplay with practically EVERY major league and team in the world then you'll have fun! I'm gonna get PES6 to test it out since I never judge a book by it's cover.

Fifa's gameplay as zero depth and is extremely dull to play, i have the xbox version and its tried to copy the gameplay of PES. It just come off as a poor pes clone.

Fifa's gameplay just isnt as rewarding as pes, after a week you have seen everything fifa as to offer in terms of gameplay, where as pes your still learning new things 6 or 7 months down the line.

I totally agree. FIFA is just an arcade game- it's the Britney Spears of football gaming! As much depth as a thimble full of water...

I hope all of you arent talking about the 360 version (fifa)....it puts pes6 or any other game, including current-gen fifa to shame..and until konami come up with some stuff like this, defining stuff that hasnt been done before or implemented as well - i wont buy their shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom