Henry Snubs Nike!!

phrase

Tactician
12 December 2002
Little Mancunia
Thierry Henry has dropped a bombshell on US Sports Giant Nike by signing a new sponsorship deal with Reebok.This would be a major blow to Nike as Reebok is now a direct opposition to them bearing in mind that Reebok now belongs to Nike's archrivals,Adidas.Henry will still feature as a Nike man till the WC2006 ends.Its a kick in the teeth to be honest.
Read more here.

:shock: major news

wow i am stunned this is crazy wow great find mate :applause:

i guess after reaching certain level and not being fully recognised has made him rethink his sponsorship future!

wow good bye vapors hello absolutes well reebok strike zones i should say

Adidas(signed new deal with the nba) they know how to poach wanting players

I think the whole "I am what I am" ads will fit Henry very well...bit random from Nike though - you'd expect that they will give whatever they have to keep him.

Having read the article - it seems it was a bit to do with the whole anti racism campaign by Nike. I dunno how Reebok boots are and whether they will affect his game ;)

Last edited:
and Legends earlier this season :D

thats right ,we double burned a MOD

He is Mr Vapor...Nike specifically designed Vapor 3 for players like Henry and Ronaldo.Vapor 3 has an improved heel/achilles support because players complained that Vapor 2 didnt offer much support there hence causing injuries.Thats why we see Henry switching to Legends for that period in time.van Nistelrooy use to play with Vapors until he got that heel/achilles injury and then he switched to Legends till now.Au Revoir Henry!! Its a major loss for Nike really but then again they have found a new posterboy in Ronaldinho.

I think it's a very good move for Henry though....I commend Reebok for going for unorthodox people such as 50 Cent and Jay-Z & I'm a fan of their "I am what I am" adverts - it's definitely the brand among the youth imo.

Especially if Henry stays with Arsenal, Reebok will probably play on his loyalty to one club.

It's all marketing BS but I can see why Henry would want to go to Reebok.

I can understand him moving for the sponsorship etc,
but has anyone else seen the reebok boots? they are hideous, the ugliest boots out in my opinion. Why does he want to look like a tit?

noise said:
I can understand him moving for the sponsorship etc,
but has anyone else seen the reebok boots? they are hideous, the ugliest boots out in my opinion. Why does he want to look like a tit?

I can't agree more with you!

Reebok can have style, but for football omg, it sucks IMO.

airjoca said:
Maybe Henry wasn't happy about not being the brand's no1 athlete.

LOL, isn't Henry that :lol:
Henry whit Ronaldinho or not stay the one for Nike, latest nike advert with Novitski, Nadal etc.. Henry is the man for Nike football.

ThomasGOAL said:
LOL, isn't Henry that :lol:
Henry whit Ronaldinho or not stay the one for Nike, latest nike advert with Novitski, Nadal etc.. Henry is the man for Nike football.

He's been no1, but clearly Ronaldinho would've taken his spot easily... Henry is a great player, Ronaldinho is something else...

airjoca said:
He's been no1, but clearly Ronaldinho would've taken his spot easily... Henry is a great player, Ronaldinho is something else...

I mean Henry isn't like that, don't want become superstar, for Henry it's the team in first, i know Ronaldinho too ;)

Reebok has more..."personality" than Nike IMO, Nike is too everyday now, they're a giant. Reebok is part of Adidas, true, but Reebok itself has always been more of a people's brand (at least in USA). Imagine Henry in Strikezones, I think he'll look cool :D.

yes i feel this might affect the barca move( i really feel sponsorship affects moves - very positive on the rosell- barca- dinho move)

reebok wait till adidas fast tracks him to the main roster lol

the Adidas world football domination grows :mrgreen:

Money is the fact. Henry is getting older and he's no beckham :lol:

phrase said:
Thierry Henry has dropped a bombshell on US Sports Giant Nike by signing a new sponsorship deal with Reebok.This would be a major blow to Nike as Reebok is now a direct opposition to them bearing in mind that Reebok now belongs to Nike's archrivals,Adidas.Henry will still feature as a Nike man till the WC2006 ends.Its a kick in the teeth to be honest.
Read more here.

Henry is not vindictive ! Do you remember reebok refused to employ black peolpe in their american factories.

i also think money speaks here. whats with the shoes today? why cant they just wear black ones everyone has to be somekinda fashion victim. does some big football star wear some little unknown shoemakers shoes?

Back
Top Bottom