Help with defending

squimmy

Non-League
26 January 2007
Hi,

I am at a loss on how to defend. I just played a Inter player and lost really very badly.

Every time he got the ball, he'd have a run at me, and I found myself stuck. I could have 2 players putting pressure on him and he'd just waltz right through them like a bulldozer. If I had a player in front of him, I was still stuck. I could:

A) press A and put pressure on him. He would change direction slightly and voila, the best defenders in the world "walked around".

B) Wait and see if I can time it perfectly. Never worked. He'd just run past like there was no defender.

Sometimes when I made a challenge well, he'd still end up with the friggin ball. What the hell am I meant to do? Sometimes my players would just stand IDLY BY when the ball floated right past them, not bothering to budge an inch.

How do I do this? How do I defend correctly? How to I not have unbelievably idiotic players?

How?

Well....thanks for reading.

Alright mate,

this seems to happen to everyone quite a lot when playing against Inter.
That fat bastard Adriano has been given the abilty to just run past people & also brush defenders off wih ease for some reason.

Infact, most of their players are immensely over-rated. Speed stats especially.

Somehow the last guy i played, Figo was beating Ashley Cole to a loose ball & Ibrahimavic was able to out-muscle Terry!!!

Usually when some cheap prick selects Inter, i pick Chelsea & make sure Adriano is man-marked with John Terry & Ibrahimovic is marked by the other CB, usually Carvalho. (sp?)

If they play 3 up front (usually the ones that play 3 upfront & using 2 very wide wingers and all 3 positoined far, far forwards with Inter, only look for goals in one way, cutbacks & the tap in. These guys are the cheap, no skill shit of PES as this tactic with Inter, anyone can win with it), have Wright Phillips as your right back and use him to man mark the LWF, A.Cole to man mark the RWF and Terry to man mark the CF. All agressively.

So you basically have 2 extremely fast wing backs, faster than anything Inter should have upfront, so loose balls should always be yours in a fair foot-race + i've scored a few goals breaking out of defence and running all the way with Wright-Phillips.

I also put my defensive line as C or B and offside trap as A, then set the Y strategy (in team->gameplan) as offside trap, catches most of them out all the time as they only look to use the through ball down the wings.

If he's running at you on the ball, use the "jockey" button whilst tracking back (this means you're facing the player and just stepping back letting him run at you), also pressing X to bring in a second defender, if he's a "typical" Inter player, he'll ignore everyone else on the field and try to beat 2 defenders with Adriano, usually you can hustle the ball off him with Terry and then the second CB will clean up the mess and you can play it out.

That usually works for me, but i'm sure someone will be able to help a lot better than i could mate.

Great tips Rich, that's what I normally do. What's frightening me is that I played some tart ranked as 800 - something, and he only tried to break me down using adriano. I had two strong players, Ferdinand and Vidic, to agg. mark him, but he still tried to pass to him,all the time! Why don't he stick to fifa 97.

Some years ago it seemed that only true soccer fans played the PES series. Now there's only cutback butthairs playing with *one man team tactics*. Shame really

LOL, tell me about it mate on the Adriano front.
The vastly over-rated Rio Ferdinand is usually quite good at stopping him too.

If PES online is anything to go by, the world is full to bursting with Brazilian Inter fans.

Back
Top Bottom