Grand Theft Auto 5

Some differences between PS4 and One version

sin1qmu5a.png

RWA2KMR.gif

Csa01f2.gif

IGN Update: I've seen a few animated GIF comparisons that show a lot more foliage on the PS4 version. It definitely appears stark when viewed side by side, but I can't say it jumped out at me as a major difference when I just sat down to play the Xbox One version after PS4. We're currently working on our graphics comparison video to showcase both versions - you can expect that later this week.

To the Xbox One's credit, it definitely makes a lot of use of the rumble triggers when driving, which is a substantial difference between the two platforms.

is it worth getting even after putting in serious hours on PS3, will my experience be very similar or will i encounter any different missions

I put it on last night on my 360 just to see how it looked again. Some great lighting but the resolution on a 24 inch monitor from upa metre away didn't look that high. Once I sat back it improved...but when there's text on the phone you can't read it unless you're close to the screen! So if I get this on the One, it will look nice but my TV is 3.5 metres away so it might not look that much crisper than my 360 version from that kind of distance...and I'd have to move closer to read the text/phone. In my bedroom where the 360 resides, I can sit closer and read the text messages easier than shifting my whole lounge forward lol.

I checked last night and my stats show 30% completion and about 17 hours invested into the story mode. Not sure whether I want to reinvest that time yet. I have a lot of side missions on Red Dead I could play..and a few other games that I'm finishing thanks to Games with Gold on the Xbox. So I'm tempted to pick this up because it should look and play a little better but not having played Far Cry 3 before, I'm thinking Far Cry 4 on the One could be a more useful purchase. Decisions decisions! lol

I put it on last night on my 360 just to see how it looked again. Some great lighting but the resolution on a 24 inch monitor from upa metre away didn't look that high. Once I sat back it improved...but when there's text on the phone you can't read it unless you're close to the screen! So if I get this on the One, it will look nice but my TV is 3.5 metres away so it might not look that much crisper than my 360 version from that kind of distance...and I'd have to move closer to read the text/phone. In my bedroom where the 360 resides, I can sit closer and read the text messages easier than shifting my whole lounge forward lol.

This is where a 150" projector screen is quite handy ;)

I think its better for those that play online.

I would say the replay value of the story is actually pretty high, but there is just so much to do I'm getting lazy.

Not touching this with a barge pole, played it for PS3 and it was excellent, but not again.

Tbh, looking at the graphics on the advert, I can't even notice the difference tbh, although granted ain't paid overly much attention to the game, just didn't seem mind blowing on the advert from what I can remember of the already great graphics on the PS3.

It's actually had me debating the point of buying a PS4, lol.

Guess I'll have to move with the times though. :p

FD

Not touching this with a barge pole, played it for PS3 and it was excellent, but not again.

Tbh, looking at the graphics on the advert, I can't even notice the difference tbh, although granted ain't paid overly much attention to the game, just didn't seem mind blowing on the advert from what I can remember of the already great graphics on the PS3.

It's actually had me debating the point of buying a PS4, lol.

Guess I'll have to move with the times though. :p

FD

If you thought the PS3 graphics were "great" then I'm not sure what to say :LOL:

The graphics in the next-gen version are a LOT better, but that's not hard as the PS3/360 looks terrible in my opinion.

duno if i should wait for pc version as ps4 locked at 30fps..will pc be much better if gaming 45-70fps

Last edited:
yeh it is, typo lol, hence if i buy on my pc i will get 45-70fps thats better but how much better?

Don't make me laugh 45-70 FPS on PC, did you not play GTA4 on PC?

I have a GTX 970 and I fully expect to get around 3-10FPS on PC, then 6 months later and a ton of patches later I will get around 15-20FPS.

If you thought the PS3 graphics were "great" then I'm not sure what to say :LOL:

The graphics in the next-gen version are a LOT better, but that's not hard as the PS3/360 looks terrible in my opinion.

Well, to me the graphics looked really surpassing for a PS3 game.
Maybe my impression might have been that big because I was playing the PES 2015 demo before :P

Back
Top Bottom