GOALS - oh good, another eSports soccer game

Is it 5 a-side, in that video there is no way 22 players are on the pitch, the gaps all over it are huge.

It looks a load of toss.
I think it's pretty much aiming to be "FUT Exxxtreme". My hope is that EA don't take any inspiration from it (but if it doesn't take a significant chunk of their player base, I don't think it will).

The ball reacts to hitting the keeper's hands as if it's being power-kicked away. Ball physics just aren't part of this game (or any other modern football game), it's all about "where's it most fun for the ball to go". Loose balls literally aren't allowed. The game "flowing" is all that matters.

Pass accuracy etc. is clearly so high that, just like EAFC, games are just "you shoot, now I shoot, now you shoot" for 90 minutes.

UFL looks dreadful but I think Goals looks even worse. It's so depressing to have waited so long for a FIFA alternative, and then two appear at once, with no intention of mimicking real-life in any way, shape or form. Just more simplistic, "action-packed" Super-Mario-esque crap, because that's what FUT is, and that's where the money is.

Do they truly not realise that constant counters and loads of goals is boring as hell? There's not much investment, or jeopardy, when you know the next chance/goal is only 20 seconds away (and requires zero thought).

It looks underwhelming at best. The hyper-speed only encourages the end-to-end nature of the game. It's so disappointing that, with the gaming industry worth such vast amounts of money now, and with such advances in technology and AI, and football being more popular than ever, that nobody on the entire planet appears to be developing a football game based on simulating real world physics.

Our best hope is that AI develops to the point where it writes a proper football game for us.

Still raw. Player model looks ugly af. This game would be appropriate if it's made as futsal/street football game.

That floaty beach ball and the power shooting...

Kills me to say it, but it reminds me a little bit of EAFC. Much worse, obviously, but still. It makes you realise the path EA are on, but also, all other football games.

• Sad
Reactions: Tom
The more I watch that clip the worse it looks. Not even prime Zlatan could have pulled off that turn and shot. No wonder the keeper looks like reactions haven't been programmed in for him.

I had a PS Vita football game I can't even remember the name of that looked better than this.

The more I watch that clip the worse it looks. Not even prime Zlatan could have pulled off that turn and shot. No wonder the keeper looks like reactions haven't been programmed in for him.

I had a PS Vita football game I can't even remember the name of that looked better than this.
I play PS Vita, as only bought one last year. I love it. FIFA 14 on that looks and plays great, exactly like PS3 version.

Back
Top Bottom