Funny quotes

vanzandt

The answer must be Jam
26 July 2007
Everton
Not having a go at Liverpool, I would think this was genius if it came from anyone....just really funny.

"It doesn't make sense to hand a place to a club based on a knockout competition, almost a one-off, when other clubs have shown quality over a full league season to get in the top four."

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry.

That's Liverpool, who qualified for the 2006 Champions League despite finishing outside the top four, after their success in a 'one-off cup'.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

And this quote from Mourinho

"The style of how we play is very important. But it is omelettes and eggs. No eggs - no omelettes! It depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket you have class one, two or class three eggs and some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes. So when the class one eggs are in Waitrose and you cannot go there, you have a problem."

:lmao:

Nice thread.

"Milan or Madrid, most important thing is, it's in Italy." -Andy Moller
"The next game is always the next." -Matthias Sammer
"It's offside, when the asshole passes too late!" -Hennes Weisweiler
"You would guess there would be terrorists out there to blow this thing up" -Franz Beckenbauer (about the old Olympia-stadium PRE 9/11)

"Klinsmann and me, we are a great trio... I mean: Quadruple." -Rudi Voller
"The Swedes are not the Dutch, that was obvious today." -Franz Beckenbauer
"We shouldn't talk the game as bad, as it was." -Fredi Bobic
"If I'd walk over water, my critics would say I can't swim" -Berti Vogts
"We can't train that, just practice." -Michael Ballack

Reporter: Gordon, Gordon, can we get a quick word?

Strachan: Velocity!

Reporter: You don't take losing lightly, do you Gordon?

Strachan: I don't take stupid comments lightly either.

Reporter: Bang, there goes your unbeaten run. Can you take it?

Strachan: No, I'm just going to crumble like a wreck. I'll go home, become an alcoholic and maybe jump of a bridge. Umm, I think I can take it, yeah.

I love Gordon Strachan's relationship with the press ROFL

Last edited:
This is not a quote, but the world has to know what kind of insane coach Mexico has..
Hugo Sánchez is crap

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=597521&s=mundial&type=story
(spanish)

Here's the translation (online one, obviously...)

Another image

Hugo Sanchez, technical director of the selection of Mexico, wants to play with white uniform of the premises, and red when the Tri is of visit

MEXICO -- The Mexican trainer Hugo Sanchez said that the Mexican selection of soccer will adopt the white uniform to play like the premises and the red one like visitor, discarding traditional the green one.
Mexico, with the exception of the first world-wide ones, when it used the color hoists in the t-shirt and the blue one in the pantaloncillos, has always played with green of the premises and the target like visitor.
Sanchez wants to change that, in agreement with declarations spilled in a radial program.
“This is not of now, this is since I took the selection. I spoke first with who it had to speak, because thus it is my style. I said to them that my impression from outside is that the green color of the t-shirt is lost with the turf ", said Sanchez.
“And the impression that sees from outside is that there are less players with the green t-shirt that if there were a color resistance, and as the national flag is green, white and red, I made them see that it would enchant to me that jugaramos most of the times with target and which the second uniforms is the red one, all red one”.
The past Wednesday, in their defeat of 3-1 before Brazil, Mexico left completely using a white uniform. Some journalists speculated that she had to that Sanchez wanted to use he himself color of the uniform of Real Madrid, where she played seven years and she gained five Pichichi prizes to the best goleador of the league between 1985 and 1992.
“This I am thinking it, I have analyzed it since I played and I say by own experience and not because some say that I am malintencionado and that pleases me by Real Madrid. By all means that enchants the target to me because it is a color that accidentally has the Mexican flag and Real Madrid also ", affirmed.
The Mexican trainer clarified that already he spoke of the subject with the Mexican leaders and the company that dresses to the tricolor, Adidas, to present to them his to feel.
“I spoke first with Guillermo Cantú (director of national selections), later with Decio de Maria (Secretary General of the Federation) and Justino Compeán (president of this one), and they spoke as well with the Adidas company. Later it was spoken with the presidents (of the clubs) “, assured the strategist, who in November will turn a year of to be named in the position.
Sanchez added that she hopes that the change comes at the end of year or principles from the next one, when it trusts that instead of seeing less Mexican players, will see more.
“Then, that way to call the attention of the t-shirt or the uniform in himself, is going to cause that instead of 10 players in the field there are 12 or 13 players and that is a visual impact”, said.
“Also we are going to use the red one and of that way sa is going to give account of which this impact del that I speak to them is tremendous”, it concluded.

NOTE---> You may think that the online translation is shite, but NO.. THAT is the actual way he talks everyday!
LOL

haha Hawkster07 i was gonna do a few of his, hes so funny with the press

Reporter: Where will Marion Pahars fit into the team line-up?
Strachan: Not telling you! It's a secret.

Reporter: Gordon, you must be delighted with that result?
Strachan: You're spot on! You can read me like a book.

Strachan: I've got more important things to think about. I've got a yogurt to finish by today, the expiry date is today. That can be my priority rather than Agustin Delgado.

Gordon Strachan on Wayne Rooney

"Its an incredible rise to stardom, at 17 you're more likely to get a call from Michael Jackson than Sven-Goran Eriksson."

best one!!

Reporter: There's no negative vibes or negative feelings here?
Strachan: Apart from yourself, we're all quite positive round here. I'm going to whack you over the head with a big stick, down negative man, down.

Ollie anyone ?

“To put it in gentleman's terms, if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, you've done what you set out to do. We didn't look our best today but we've pulled.

Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi.

She may not have been the best looking lady we ended up taking home but it was still very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much and let's have coffee.”

Ollie again:

"I have the kind of bad luck recently that if i would end up in a barrel full of tits i would come out of it sucking my thumb"

Stuart Pearce
We can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel

Kevin Keegan
I'd love to be a mole on their dressing room wall right now

Kevin Keegan
The tide is in their court now

David Pleat
For such a small man Maradona gets great elevation on his balls

Me playing poker
I have worse hands than Jeremy Beadle

Who can ever forget James Richardson ?

"This week, we've got the best top-of-the-table action since 'The Postman Always Rings Twice'."

"What do Clarence Seedorf and Pete Doherty have in common? They both get caught in possession an awful lot."

"The biggest title challenge since Danny Shittu tried to write his autobiography."

"Newly-promoted Sicilian side Catania aren't a bad football team, in much the same way that the Light Brigade probably weren't a bad group of soldiers"

And my own personal favourite...

"It's the last weekend of the season, and not since Guti discovered his girlfriend was a fella have players battled so hard against going down."

Brilliant.

Who can ever forget James Richardson ?

"This week, we've got the best top-of-the-table action since 'The Postman Always Rings Twice'."

"What do Clarence Seedorf and Pete Doherty have in common? They both get caught in possession an awful lot."

"The biggest title challenge since Danny Shittu tried to write his autobiography."

"Newly-promoted Sicilian side Catania aren't a bad football team, in much the same way that the Light Brigade probably weren't a bad group of soldiers"

And my own personal favourite...

"It's the last weekend of the season, and not since Guti discovered his girlfriend was a fella have players battled so hard against going down."

Brilliant.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ian Holloway deserves some mention here.

Very true, I'm gonna hunt for some qoutes...

"Some say that Riquelme is slow, but he's not slow when he's in possession. It's the ball that should do the running, not the player."

Jose Pekerman

:lol:

"A true gentleman never leaves his old lady."

Alex Del Piero

:applause:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom