Full Manual - Help

RicKs

Full Manual Addict
22 December 2001
Cascais, Portugal
SL Benfica
Hello,

After a 10 year hiatus I've come back to PES. Having been a full manual player on fifa since 09, I've made the switch to full manual on PES aswell, and it's really rewarding.

A question, if anyone can help me: I cannot make anything of the through ball. When I press Triangle, and even though I control the direction and strenght, the pass seems to have a will of its own.

If someone wants to play a few manual games online, I like to play with smaller teams, add me on PS4 (Ruidosurdo).

Thanks-1

When trying through balls, try movin the pass recipient with Super-Cancel right after the cursor switches to him. In way that he let's the ball roll on and not take it to his foot right away. It's weird to explain in words, but I hope you get the jist.

This needs some getting used to and lots of practice, but with this my forwards take the through passes more like I think they should.

When trying through balls, try movin the pass recipient with Super-Cancel right after the cursor switches to him. In way that he let's the ball roll on and not take it to his foot right away. It's weird to explain in words, but I hope you get the jist.

This needs some getting used to and lots of practice, but with this my forwards take the through passes more like I think they should.
Thanks for the reply, will try that later.
I've done some good passes just by tapping the through pass button (the bar appears green instead of yellow).

Do you know of any site with more tips for playing manual?

How do you do different types of shots? All I seem to do, especially in long shots, are this driven / steadily rising shots.

They're amazing, but I'd like some more variety.

I've done some good passes just by tapping the through pass button (the bar appears green instead of yellow).
Hmm... If it's green its not manual, though.
Do you know of any site with more tips for playing manual?
No, unfortunately. I feel, it's still not popular enough.
But another advice regarding high trough balls. I tend to use L1+Circle instead of L1+Triangle.
How do you do different types of shots? All I seem to do, especially in long shots, are this driven / steadily rising shots.
Don't think, you can force them. It's seems to bee all contextual and of course dependent on the player having the appropriate skill.

Oh, and about L1+Circle: that goes for crossing, too. Crosses into the box fly in much sharper and less like "lofted passes", if you know what I mean.

With low through balls on manual settings it doesn't really matter whether you press X or Triangle, as far as I reckon. Working on the super-cancel as mentioned above is key, though.

That's about the best couple of pieces of advice I can give you for manual passing.

On manual you're better off using advanced through balls as otherwise the through ball button is effectively just another pass button (with a lob variation option). I'm not sure if using one instead of the other affects recipient behaviour at all - possibly, but even so, they're basically the same control.

Advanced through balls can seem weird at first (but much less this year) and my top tip would be to turn any guides or icons off as they're just confusing.

It will seem very strange but you just have to be confident with them and you'll get a feel for it fairly quickly. You can pull off some amazing passes that aren't possible any other way once you get used to it.

On manual you're better off using advanced through balls as otherwise the through ball button is effectively just another pass button (with a lob variation option). I'm not sure if using one instead of the other affects recipient behaviour at all - possibly, but even so, they're basically the same control.

Advanced through balls can seem weird at first (but much less this year) and my top tip would be to turn any guides or icons off as they're just confusing.

It will seem very strange but you just have to be confident with them and you'll get a feel for it fairly quickly. You can pull off some amazing passes that aren't possible any other way once you get used to it.

One big difference between the manual pass and manual through ball is the height and the pace of the ball.
When playing a manual through ball with max power the ball will be quicker and gain less height than a regular pass at full power.

Yes, after all it's nothing more than another pass button, but there's still a noticeable difference.

Back
Top Bottom