FULL ACE TENNIS SIMULATOR (PC/STEAM) - BEST TENNIS GAME OF ALL TIME!!!

Hi guys,
One thing i forgot about my settings is that i play Auto positioning... ie. i dont manually pick if im hitting to my left side of the body or right side. I think some people do this, but for me this would be way too hard atm. Anyone do this?? and see any advantages to this, other than making the game more sim??

Ive recently added a suggestion to the developer to possibly incorporate controller vibrations.. that'd be awesome!!!

Hi guys,
One thing i forgot about my settings is that i play Auto positioning... ie. i dont manually pick if im hitting to my left side of the body or right side. I think some people do this, but for me this would be way too hard atm. Anyone do this?? and see any advantages to this, other than making the game more sim??

Ive recently added a suggestion to the developer to possibly incorporate controller vibrations.. that'd be awesome!!!

Have done the same Mate, whilst running through training I found that setting the shot was just one press too many to remember, particularly as My rallies started getting quicker. With Auto positioning You can focus more on the type of return shot You are going to make.

Hi guys,

I use manual, on a controller the L1/R1 buttons are perfectly placed and once you get used to it then imo it becomes as instinctive as moving the stick for player movement. In many rallies, especially when attacking, you can pretty much premeditate when you'll be hitting a FH/BH next and if you're wrong you can always correct it straight away.

Even on auto-prepare, the manual prepare buttons can still be used and are very effective, mostly for inside-out forehand and drive volleys. For now in most situations volleys are much more effective if you prepare a groundstroke (slice or topspin) and use that instead of what the tutorial suggests (only using the shot button). Might change if/when the dev reworks volleys.

The later you prepare your shot worse it will be, and on auto if you try inside-out FHs by just moving into position then your player will only begin to prepare their FH when the ball is on that side, which is usually much too late for the shot quality to be any good. Prepare should be the first button pressed, left stick to move the player on the correct path to where you want to meet the ball, then hold the shot button from as early as possible.

Manual allows preparation to be done slightly earlier than auto so can give a small boost but it's a minimal difference, many top online players use auto. Serve returns against big servers especially are pretty punishing on manual.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Haven’t played or found a good tennis game since I played Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 on PS2. Will definitely check this out.

For me the best tennis game by far is Tennis Elbow 2013. Also good mods avaiable, and the gameplay is the closest to tennis simulation avaiable. Yes, animations look a bit weird but once you get used to it, you will have a lot of fun and challenges.

For me the best tennis game by far is Tennis Elbow 2013. Also good mods avaiable, and the gameplay is the closest to tennis simulation avaiable. Yes, animations look a bit weird but once you get used to it, you will have a lot of fun and challenges.
TE13 is good, and thats what I thought re being the best simulation out there. Played it for many years as all other tennis games just didnt compare with gameplay mechanics and ball physics. The modding community is also amazing...But I have to say, once I played FATS, I immediately knew it looked and felt more realistic. The variations of the ball physics and the variations of errors (including how the ball hits the top of the net with random outcomes) seems quite abit more advanced than TE. Same goes with smashes, and volleys. I have to say TE did have awesome modding regarding 2D courts.. Remember often using the blue clayed Madrid court.. Looks amazing!! images (17).jpeg

TE13 is good, and thats what I thought re being the best simulation out there. Played it for many years as all other tennis games just didnt compare with gameplay mechanics and ball physics. The modding community is also amazing...But I have to say, once I played FATS, I immediately knew it looked and felt more realistic. The variations of the ball physics and the variations of errors (including how the ball hits the top of the net with random outcomes) seems quite abit more advanced than TE. Same goes with smashes, and volleys. I have to say TE did have awesome modding regarding 2D courts.. Remember often using the blue clayed Madrid court.. Looks amazing!! View attachment 110663
Thank you Sir, i will try out FATS Tennis Simulator. I didnt know about it but it looks good and i am a big tennis fan. :ROCK:

I won't be too harsh on TE2013 as I've had hundreds of hours play out of it for 10+ years, it's a great game, but for me this has surpassed it by a long way.

There is also TE4 which is now released on Steam Early Access but right now I don't think it is complete enough to compete with FAT or TE13+mods. Even with mods I don't think it will overtake FAT as the shot mechanics are so limited in comparison.

Last edited:
TE2013 reminds me of PES 6. The games are getting older by the second, but I always find my self going back to them for the best experience and most fun.

Really Awesome game great find! I've also played Tennis elbow form many years now and as much as I love that game I have to say after playing FATS for a few hours now it is far superior in most aspects of the gameplay. Has anyone started a career mode yet? and if so how is it? I want to start one soon but was wondering if the career mode is worth it. Also is there a way of creating your own player? Again great find!

Really Awesome game great find! I've also played Tennis elbow form many years now and as much as I love that game I have to say after playing FATS for a few hours now it is far superior in most aspects of the gameplay. Has anyone started a career mode yet? and if so how is it? I want to start one soon but was wondering if the career mode is worth it. Also is there a way of creating your own player? Again great find!

Nah, you have to pick one of the existing players. Which is kinda the only beef I have with this absolute gem of a game. If there's one single thing I'd like to see improved upon, it's the career mode. But it's on the dev's list anyway, so it's only a matter of time I suppose. Other than that, cheers @aussiepesfan , this plays probably as brillant as this sports has ever played on any device đź’™

Just been playing exhibition lately (no career yet, but have a 3rd round save of a tourn).
This game just keeps on giving n gettin better.. Have yet to have beaten David Ferrer on my settings - Hes a beast.. Played a set tonight.. Im improving (and am set on over using Nadals forehand as the bread winner) :

• Love
Reactions: Tom
Nah, you have to pick one of the existing players. Which is kinda the only beef I have with this absolute gem of a game. If there's one single thing I'd like to see improved upon, it's the career mode. But it's on the dev's list anyway, so it's only a matter of time I suppose. Other than that, cheers @aussiepesfan , this plays probably as brillant as this sports has ever played on any device đź’™
The game has an editor in the main menu where you can create players :).

Whoops, I never went there. Don't mind me then! đź‘€
No worries mate, yea the game is so good they have done an incredible job. With a better career mode and a few other minor tweaks it will easily go down as the best tennis game I have ever played. Hopefully the FATS community will grow and the game will just continue to improve!

Fan of tennis games, but hate to play on PC... No sign of a release on console, i checked everywhere.
So if they don't plan to release it on others plateform, goodbye proclaimed "best tennis game ever".

Even if from what i saw, even if it's more assisted... My heart will always goes to Top Spin 4, overally it's the best to me.
Don't mention Tennis Elbow, i talk overally, and the game system isn't what i'm searching for.

Back
Top Bottom