Football Manager Series

I watch this and who the hell wants moving hair.
Moving hair, while the faces look like this:



I just don't get it.

Also, the new stadium models / "parts"... I'm not really convinced of the point behind this, when they purposefully make the stadiums look different from the real ones to avoid licensing headaches. Do I care if my team's stadium looks cooler but still nothing like the actual ground (on purpose)? Not at all. So thank God for modders (@BassyBoyYT)...
 
Moving hair, while the faces look like this:



I just don't get it.

Also, the new stadium models / "parts"... I'm not really convinced of the point behind this, when they purposefully make the stadiums look different from the real ones to avoid licensing headaches. Do I care if my team's stadium looks cooler but still nothing like the actual ground (on purpose)? Not at all. So thank God for modders (@BassyBoyYT)...


I get different teams work on different things, but I can't believe any meaningful resource is going into this area after the last couple of years. It really is right at the bottom of the pile
 
FM Updates October:-

Football Manager 2026

Tools:
Real Name Licencing Fix v6.0
Daveincid Increase Realism Megapack - SEPTEMBER UPDATE
Data Update 01/10/26 - Including New Faces UPDATE
Real Agents Pack
Real Media Pack

Graphics:
3D Stadium Megapack v3.14
Trophies 2026.10
Faces v2026.09
NewGan Fixes Update
Logos v2026.03
2D Kits v2027.01
3D Kits v2027.01
Boot Pack Update v2.0.1

Football Manager 2024

Tools:
Data Update 01/10/2026 - Including New Faces UPDATE
Licensing Fix v4.1
Daveincid Increase Realism Megapack - FINAL UPDATE
Real Agents Pack
Real Media Pack

Graphics:
Since the majority of graphics on FM26 can be used on FM24.
These will no longer be updated - But the files will remain in case of compatibility issues.
 


The comments have really made me laugh.

The top ones are things like "please just add things that add depth to the game like new player roles, that's all we care about" - but then, directly underneath:

 
The animations and match engine still doesn't look that impressive but maybe it will change nearer release.

It is also incredibly unrealistic as during the video Tottenham scored a goal.
 
Excluding the general graphics and animations, which should be better by now but it's not important enough to be that angry about it...

...I think that's fairly impressive! But the proof is in the pudding.
 
What's FM like these days? Is it still something you can sink 100's of hours into. I gave up with the series around FM16. I played a few demo's since but it started to feel like having another job instead of a game to enjoy. The addition of twitter nonsense and other stuff didn't appeal to me either. It was a shame as I'd bought every version up to that point right back to the first one of the Amiga. Thinking back, my 26 year career at Wycombe Wanderers was something of a high point. I still remember the moment, about 15 years in, when my striker, who'd made his debut at 18, scored his 300th goal for the club. I built a statue in the garden for him (this may not be true!). But anyway, I wondered what the feeling was about the game for you guys now. Do you still play extensively or end up putting it down and coming back to it again on the next version?
I remember getting really excited for the 3d match and then wishing it had never happened when it finally came. The half time talks always felt too 'gamey' as well, say one thing wrong and your best player's pissed off with you.

Sorry for the ramble!
 
Back
Top Bottom