Fix for online lag / glitches

Sub-Conscious

Conference
3 September 2005
When I started off playing PES 2009 online there were loads of bugs, every set peice the screen kept going black, and weird things would happen, such as the player missing the ball, then just standing there unable to move. Same with replays, and the sound kept stuttering.

So I disabled kitserver, unticked LB mode in the game settings, unticked frame skip, and v-sync, and tried it again.

The result: much smoother online play, still a bit laggy sometimes but at least it's very playable now, I beat a decent enough player when not hosting which is a good sign :)

I'm going to re-enable all those things one by one each time I try it to narrow down the culprit, or see if anyone else finds it first...

I've tried all of this but unfortunatelly i still get my problem in each game. Players are just running straight to the back line and there's nothing i can do, or the keeper runs thorwards his goal and i conceed goals because the goal is empty or when i try to switch players in defence they run away from the opponent and he's having an 1v1 situation....it's just unlplayabe.. For the second year in a row i've lost my money for a shit game, as i play only online. Even when i play with my mate who has the same connection (6 mbit)and we have green lights it's the same (and with PES6 we never had any lag, and we've played houndreds of games together).

Anyone has the same problem ? Any clues how to deal with it ?

Theres not much you can do about the online lag. maybe opening ports might make it a tiny bit better but i doubt it. AFAIK, soccer games arent' exactly the best to play online since you'd require a really low ping (<50ms) for it to be playable.

best advice all day. trying to increase your post count i see?

I don't understand one thing. PES6 online runs perfect for me, and PES2009 is totaly shit. And the connection is the same. I then think it's Konami's fault. I've emailed them and i'm waiting for their reply.

Back
Top Bottom