FIFA World Cup Brasil 2014

Re: Road to the World Cup Brazil 2014

its amazing how bad england,ireland,wales,scotland and n ireland are now. I blame the premier league and the influx of foreign players 20 years ago

scotland are a better team than it looks, levein just has no clue, only few years ago we beat france home and away and italy cheated of us out of a point (was the ref fault though), bare in mind they were the teams that just came from finals of the world cup so shows the character we had, now we have arguebly better players but a manager who doesn't know how to win games

but if we look further back, yes we're not as good as we used to do.

i don't think it's the premier league really, although there are a few cases. alot has to do with way we get educated football, that's why the nations spoke in your post aren't as dominant in european football, very little of them have a pure football brain.

Is that a friendly or a World Cup qualifier? What was the score and what minute was that?

Unless it's the 92nd minute and the team is already winning like 3-0, that's Inexcusable! Especially since it's not friendly.

Yes, many Swiss players have other backgrounds including Albanians. Quite a few actually. If you're not ready to play against Albania though, then you don't. You don't step on the pitch and miss on purpose. IF that was on purpose. That's ridiculous!

Imagine if Ninis did this against Albania while playing for Greece!

Yep Shaqiri and Mehmeti have Kosovorian/Albanese ethnicity aswell. There are a lot of Albanians in Switzerland.

That is a bit of a surpise since they had to sell players.
The good thing is that Deschamps is gone, very overrated coach. Morocco sacked Gerets...maybe he can come back.
I wouldn't say overrated but he wasn't the man of the moment for Marseille.
About Gerets, don't worry we don't take him for our losses.
The main problem is our federation which is pretty fucked up (sorry but that's the REAL word to describe it) but still he made some bad choices IMO he didn't do well his "selectionneur" job as we always had a brand new tem almost every game.
I just hope he'll do well in the other places he'll manage and we're sorry dear belgians to what we've done to him ;)

Don't worry.
A couple of months ago he was the dream coach for our national team and our FA talked to him while he was still coaching Morocco, not very fair.
But now everybody likes Wilmots, the new cach.
What will happen is that Gerets will end up coaching his dream team: Standard de Liège.
He played for them his whole carreer in Belgium and has always said that one day he will be their manager. Standard aren't doing very well at the moment and they have a Dutch coach. Dutch coaches never last long in Liège...

Good luck to Morocco, love lots of Moroccan players (specially Belhanda and the othe guy from Montpellier, forgot his name).

There's also Benatia from Udinese - good player.

Is Belgium's manager Marc Wilmots? The one that scored a bicycle kick against Brazil in 2002??

Yes Stef, Wilmots is our manager. I know he scored a (disallowed) goal against Brazil in 2002, but in my memories it wasn't a bicycle kick. Every single Belgian football fan still remembers the name of that referee: Pendergast...

Don't worry.
A couple of months ago he was the dream coach for our national team and our FA talked to him while he was still coaching Morocco, not very fair.
But now everybody likes Wilmots, the new cach.
What will happen is that Gerets will end up coaching his dream team: Standard de Liège.
He played for them his whole carreer in Belgium and has always said that one day he will be their manager. Standard aren't doing very well at the moment and they have a Dutch coach. Dutch coaches never last long in Liège...

Good luck to Morocco, love lots of Moroccan players (specially Belhanda and the othe guy from Montpellier, forgot his name).
Ait Fana or El Kaoutari ?
Actually El Kaoutari is a beast physically don't know why he wasn't called anymore for the NT
About Ait Fana, he was the rising star of Montpellier before Belhanda take his place, now he's just another winger quite nice technically.

I liked them both, but in my post i was referring to El Kaoutari because i am under the impression that Ait Fana was gone (to Bordeaux).

our centre back Vilmos Vanczák with his own...

vanczak_.jpg

"no one cared who i was until i put on the mask"

(who the F is Bane???)

Exactly, I don't think I've ever seen a worse performance before from Ronaldo like today. Constantly falling and complaining about (rightly) not getting free kicks. Bravo Russia!

worst scotland performance for long time, no offence but that was never a penalty, so many dives by ramsey and bale, i'm amazed they stayed on.

Bale was obviously influenced by Johnny Foreigner. There's no way a British player would dive otherwise...

Serbia - Belgium 0-3
Strange match. It could have been 3-0 after 15 minutes.
Serbia was great until the first Belgian goal, but they missed their chances.
And also very strange: Belgium are a much better team without their biggest talent.
When Wilmots substituted Hazard, the team was much, much better.
Today Kevin De Bruyne was absolutely the man of the match and Mertens and Chadli once again proved that they are more usefull for the team than Hazard. Difficult situation for the coach because Hazards talent is undeniably.

Great win, but this Serbian team with an average age of barely 21 years is very, very promising...

I agree Bale dived, and I'm Welsh!

Can't take anything away from the winner though, what a strike. Only problem is that Coleman has now got his first win and they won't bloody fire him now!

I agree Bale dived, and I'm Welsh!

Can't take anything away from the winner though, what a strike. Only problem is that Coleman has now got his first win and they won't bloody fire him now!

second strike was brilliant, even though could argue adam could have done better closing him down but take nothing away from him

could be worse, could be defensive shallow as levein and hope to get a goal and just hang on, which is bad as players like s.fletcher don't shine so much, who i thought was a great presence upfront for us with little he got

Bit of a shocker that for Ireland, couldn't believe that result.

Talking to a mate about Bale's penalty incident, he thinks it was karma being restored. Wales were infamously knocked out by Scotland in two seperate World Cup campaigns in the final match by dodgy penalty decisions.

Bit of a shocker that for Ireland, couldn't believe that result.

Talking to a mate about Bale's penalty incident, he thinks it was karma being restored. Wales were infamously knocked out by Scotland in two seperate World Cup campaigns in the final match by dodgy penalty decisions.

don't get me wrong, you should of had a penalty when davies got hugged in the box so that's justice done in a way but fletcher's disallowed goal was a joke and how ramsay never got a second yellow for diving was a strange one but what can you do.

Definitely agree about the goal that wasn't given, I thought we got away with that one in a big way. Could have put the game to bed before the Bale show. Double Karma perhaps, we were owed two! :SMUG:

Back
Top Bottom