FIFA/EASFC and PES/eFootball: Contrast & Compare

Re: FIFA 16 v PES 2016

I loved the Fifa demo but I don't love full game. I've tried but to no avail. Pes has more individuality but fuck me konami make it hard for you to love this game with fake teams
And out of date shit

'Update-gate' is just the latest in a long line of reasons why I've completely lost respect for Konami/PES Productions. I can only assume they have serious organisational problems. They seem to operate in a way that is oblivious to the wider world of gaming around them. Very archaic, very unprofessional and too easily let-off-the-hook by many fans.

Exactly my thoughts !

That was in FIFA 15 also.

PES does that depending on the formation, if a team is winning then switches to a defensive formation if someone is out of position they will put a more suitable player on. Which formations did you use for what teams btw, i haven't used any, i hate doing things then when you know they will just be wiped out and you have to redo them.

Primarily teams that haven't had a huge makeover in players to the extent that the manager would drastically alter their formation and manager mentality.

Namely Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Atletico, Bilbao, Barca, Real Madrid. Not much movement player-wise except for Atletico from that list. I mainly did them because I got tired of the same matchups. I did Bilbao because I wanted to see how Aduriz's hold-up play would be.

I don't want to do too many due to the reason you listed.

I know it's off-topic but do you think the Fluid Formations work this year? Any noticeable differences from last year? There are some interesting observations over at operationsports about how the "few" and "many" affect the game, specifically the tempo.

If you want, just hit me on PM so we don't have to clutter up this thread with PES talk.

I loved the Fifa demo but I don't love full game. I've tried but to no avail. Pes has more individuality but fuck me konami make it hard for you to love this game with fake teams
And out of date shit

Hmmm ok.
Well I haven´t experienced differences between demo and full game (PC).

I´m quite happy with the full game of FIFA tbh.

The goal scoring is a joy and doesn´t leave me cold like it is with PES.

Anything else pace, attack/defense balancing and online gaming seems to be good...I just need more games on that to be sure.

After my online matches which were really really exciting I´ll be trying FUT again.

I´m also curious about the CM and hell, I don´t know which mode to play first...

I wonder how people can live with fifa shooting ball physics ? it feels too light.. and about the net that comes with basketball net sound when you score.

lol yeah :).

Well it´s each to their own.
For now I´m really impressed with FIFA 16.
This could change in a few months depending on how the game grows on me.

For now I enjoy it a lot BUT I also understand people if they don´t like it.
At the same time I can´t really get into PES but I can understand why people can enjoy it.

It depends on each individuals expectations, tastes and everything.

I wonder how people can live with fifa shooting ball physics ? it feels too light.. and about the net that comes with basketball net sound when you score.

It's exactly the opposite for me. Fifa ball physics is credible in every situation. You can see gravity and weight...
Shoothing never felt so good in a videogame in my opinion....
And if you play offline, you can even adjust it with the sliders.

At first, FIFA's shooting isn't as satisfying as PES's system, especially when it comes to long shots, probably because in PES it's quite easy to hit screamers that look spectacular, and just about every pass and shot look pretty.

After a while though, FIFA's shooting really begins to shine. You can definitely hit screamers, but it's far more context, stats, and user input based than ever before, so it's not as easy or common.

Also, a big thing that truly distinguishes the gameplay between the two games is that FIFA's ball physics are much more advanced than PES's. PES's ball physics are sleek and pretty looking, but the ball is no where near as free as it is in FIFA, which leads to so much more variety.

I don't believe PES has ever been able to shake that feeling that the ball is on rails (to an extent) and isn't exactly 'free'. I mean it's better than it once was in this regard but the ball doesn't feel like a seperate entity as it does in FIFA.

I have both games and honestly think they are both good this year. In summary I think:-

FIFA is a much more serious attempt at simulation with a lot of passing to create spaces.

PES is more fun, because it has consistent flow but feels a bit less rewarding because you are not "digging" out chances as much.

Either way, I enjoy both, so will keep me occupied much more than PES/FIFA 15 ever did.

I have both games and honestly think they are both good this year. In summary I think:-

FIFA is a much more serious attempt at simulation with a lot of passing to create spaces.

PES is more fun, because it has consistent flow but feels a bit less rewarding because you are not "digging" out chances as much.

Either way, I enjoy both, so will keep me occupied much more than PES/FIFA 15 ever did.

pretty much agreed a match Liverpool arsenal on both.pes was 2-2 fifa I lost one nil. Pes was far more exciting and at one point in fifa when the ai had the ball I just switched off because I was bored.

pretty much agreed a match Liverpool arsenal on both.pes was 2-2 fifa I lost one nil. Pes was far more exciting and at one point in fifa when the ai had the ball I just switched off because I was bored.

The difference though is the sliders in FIFA which can be adjusted to prevent excessive possession. The game plays nicely with more pass and first touch error. I have just started career mode with Man U and my first 3 games ended 1-1, 2-0 & 0-0. Each result seemed fair and there were obvious differences on passing and first touches in each game.

FIFA this year seems to have more depth in the gameplay but with PES it is just great fun to pick up and play.

Posted this in another forum. It is pretty much how I feel right now:

Catch-up bug? So we have reached the point where developers nick each others crap ideas now? It was a nonsense in PES2011 and is likely a nonsense in FIFA too. But it is called balancing in FIFA now. Was in PES2011 too and was daft then as well.

And two/three knocks of the right stick to burst away? Whit? Have the developers of either game actually played football? I'm not talking about at any level of note but just kicked a blooody ball about.

So I get pissed off with pointlessly numerous button/stick prompts and stick on PES instead. Oh, the AI has a problem with shooting above waist height. Yeah, every shot in football is like that. The Man Blues in the Champions League are the best at it.

Back to FIFA:

"HI THIS IS MARTIN TYLER AND WELCOME TO AN EXTENSION OF SKY SPORTS"

**** off! Back to PES:

"DRURY WITH HERE BEGLIN JIM-MESSI! MESSI! MESSI! MESSIIIII!"

*tame header from 18yards at the 60min mark*

"There is not much time left and he really should have made that count for a man his size from that distance"

Should he, aye?

Put both on at the same time:

"We've got this license!"

"But we've got this license"

Both games scream at the same time:

"Remember to buy coins with your coins because you might get a SHINY!"

*chucks both games in the sea*

"PES has great player individuality because of stuff n' stuff"

"Aye, but FIFA has better ball individuality because of physics n' stuff"

What the fuck happened?

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

Re: PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

As a PES lover and veteran I am seriously disappointed with this game. The demo was quite good with very good lighting day and night. They messed that up in final version. The AI seem to get to every ball quicker than my AI players. Some passes are on rails and your player will delay until he gets to it. The game feels very predictable when playing cpu . There are no OMG moments like I get when playing fifa and trust me I have trashed fifa for years cause I'm a pes addict and fanboy I admit. I feel that pes 2015 after all the patches was an excellent game but feel that they have gone backwards again. Can't even get the ball of CPU players. Shots are terrible. No space to switch play as every time long balls or through balls get intercepted even if a lot of space is visible. I play on -1 game speed as I feel this is realistic but I feel it makes the game more delayed and worse and to the CPU advantage. At least in pes 2015 playing the ball around was possible and realistic. Not here unfornately. It's maybe cause I was spoilt by how good pes 2015 was as opposed to previous years and that is why I feel this way but I think fifa has more variety and unpredictability in gameplay this year. For the first time in years I don't get that one more match feeling in pes I actually do get it in fifa which says a lot. Every game in fifa feels different for me yet in pes it's like meh and boring. And fifa has sliders too to make it even more better. Looks like konami fell asleep after releasing the demo or were High and mistakenly released a beta version. Even changing kits and names etc is not making the game exciting for me, I wish I could have done this last year. I honestly think last year pes was undoubtedly superior to fifa but this year it has definitely not. Have the reviewers been playing the same game really... I will actually be playing the demo instead and play the full game of fifa.... So disappointed!,

My impression on pes 2016 retail version is that it is worse than the demo. Far worse actually.

Ball physics are not as good as the demo, ball physics on passing dont seem to have any imprvement over pes 2015, it still has that sense that the ball is glued to the ground.

I never thought I would say that but players in PES 2016 glides more than in Fifa. They glide too much when dribbling, it feela akward.

Online is an absolute disgrace. Theres no skill involved on shooting (zero contextual error), no skills involved on passing (zero contextual error), no skills envolved on defending (its all about raping the man on the ball with insane pressurw)

Imo both are below average. They are all big dellusions, all stats, tatics talk, blablabla, worth nothing, because what really matters (the action on the pitch), theres zero patience and caution to pass or to defend.

My final score for both: 3,5 (pes), fifa (5,0). At least in fifa there are some fun online modes to play with friends, but nothing really special of addicting about it.

PES is unplayable online now.
Arcade shit, again all year play only vs Real and Bayern online division! I ask you Konami! Where are the filters!?
Probably time to check FIFA, after a good demo (still too fast) konami is making a joke with us :(

Ok listening to some of the feedback for FIFA, I have changed to assisted, increased the line length, decreased the CPU keeper ability and now I have a beautiful game. It seems for us footy gamers that do not have the time to learn manual controls, we can make it very enjoyable by experimenting with the sliders.

The other thing I have changed is the default ball to the black and white EA ball...A.Because I hate the new ball and B.the spin really shows using the EA one.

Much, much better game now (for me)some nice passing moves with a good flow. Chuck in the presentation, it's got some fantastic potential.

"HI THIS IS MARTIN TYLER AND WELCOME TO AN EXTENSION OF SKY SPORTS"

**** off! Back to PES:

"DRURY WITH HERE BEGLIN JIM-MESSI! MESSI! MESSI! MESSIIIII!"
Ha-ha! But seriously, you can shut that off, I haven't listened to game commentary for years, I increase the pitch sounds/player calls and lower the crowd. Like being on the pitch. Take either game too seriously and this is what happens. I enjoy both flawed games, I've learned to accept their faults and enjoy those aspects that work for me.

I was an avid PES player in the PS2 glory days, and in recent years have been playing FIFA, this year I got PES 2016 (note I am mainly an online player) My opinions:

- I've found that FIFA these days has a more realistic feel, this doesn't mean it is fun, but the way the ball curls and ricochets etc looks good. The ball feels like it is a proper weight compared to PES.

- PES goalkeepers are awful

- I prefer FIFA for hitting freekicks and corners

- PES is much better for crossing and long passes, and playing the ball about in the box.

- I like how FIFA you can press a button to make a player make a forward run ready for a through ball (can you do this in PES?)

- FIFA's behind the player view looks fantastic.

- In FIFA I feel like the player is more directly controlled, eg I can do a simple step over or ball drag with the right stick that feels less like an animation, and just keep my back to the other player easily.

In saying all this, I seem pro FIFA, but PES seems to be great fun but I'd expected a bit more. FIFA has lots of great mini games and training challenges, I like the idea of FUT Draft but think it is ridiculous it isn't just a separate game mode without having to use coins.

*After a year of FIFA 15, I was a bit annoyed to hear one of the songs constantly played in FIFA is now in PES 16

In PES hold down L1 and move the right stick to the direction of the player you want to make to run.

How can you do that in FIFA?
"Point" at the player you want to make a run (using the player you're currently controlling) and press L1 / LB.

both games PC version thoughts:

- animations, motion capture and nostalgia = pes 2016

- general football experiance + everything else = fifa (14, 15, 16).

sad but true.

Last edited:

Ha-ha! But seriously, you can shut that off, I haven't listened to game commentary for years, I increase the pitch sounds/player calls and lower the crowd. Like being on the pitch. Take either game too seriously and this is what happens. I enjoy both flawed games, I've learned to accept their faults and enjoy those aspects that work for me.
Oh yeah, always turn off the commentary. I don't care how good it is, I always mute it. The stadium atmosphere and on-pitch sounds are far more important to me.

Oh yeah, always turn off the commentary. I don't care how good it is, I always mute it. The stadium atmosphere and on-pitch sounds are far more important to me.
One thing I have done in the past: switch player IDs so that Tyler doesn't say any player names at all, just calls the action. Lots of commentator lulls between the on-pitch action that way, much more pleasant.

I actually used to be fine with PES german commentary by Wolff Fuss (a very well known German commentator).

Really hated FIFA´s german commentary and there I always switched to english.

Now that Wolff Fuss left PES and moved over to FIFA 16, the german commentary on FIFA is a lot better and on PES 2016 where it got replaced by somebody else it´s utter garbage :P.

Back
Top Bottom