FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (PC Version)

ok, I have posted this a while ago when I have played a few matched on PS4 and some users have replied that I should try the next gen so now I have played a few matches FIFA23 on PC (with Matt's sliders, World class) and.... I don't get it. Defending team players are moving AWAY from the attacker (both my teammates and CPU defenders when I am attacking). I can walk with my defender to 1on1 situation with opponents GK almost every time. Midfielders and defenders just jockey away from me. Same thing happens when CPU is attacking: all my teammates go to full retard mode and just watch CPU attacker walk to my goal (I am the only one defending, all my teammates just stand or jockey away).
Hey, now that you are on PC you might want to give this mod a try: https://evoweb.uk/threads/anths-23-mods-gameplay-v6-0-released.93953/unread

there are even more gameplay mods out there.

Before EAFC release - can you please guys advise how to backup current version of the game so once updated I can get back to previous version? What files and folders exactly need to be copied?

What do you mean? It's not eFootball, EAFC is not the same game.

What do you mean? It's not eFootball, EAFC is not the same game.

My post related to FIFA 23 / EAFC 24.
Someone has explained it before here but I cannot locate it.

What files and folders need to be copied from the game's folder prior to the game update to get back to the previous version once game gets updated?

My post related to FIFA 23 / EAFC 24.
Someone has explained it before here but I cannot locate it.

What files and folders need to be copied from the game's folder prior to the game update to get back to the previous version once game gets updated?
Sorry, what?

Booth are different games. Fifa23 will be stay F23.
And the new EA Sports FC 24 is a complete new standalone game.

Sorry, what?

Booth are different games. Fifa23 will be stay F23.
And the new EA Sports FC 24 is a complete new standalone game.
Maybe different way.. Is anyone here who knows how to backup FIFA 23 to still play on previous version? If so, WHICH FILES do you copy first before you proceed with the update which is required in order to run the game.? Origin or EA Play platform always forces to update the game, however due to some mods being compatible with previous game update - we tend to backup certain files and folders before we click on "update" button. Which are those?

I'm pretty sure that EA FC 24 will have the same files structure, so I'm just asking in advance what files need to be copied to keep playing with acceptable gameplay before the 1st day patch comes out..

I cannot explain it clearer, sorry :-)

Is it possible to remove that skaty movement animation through any mod or sliders? It feels like players are skating on ice ...It feels so weird to play with that movement animation ....any solutions,?

Played a few games at a friend's... Gameplay is garbage, movement is garbage, ball physics is a disaster, passes are bad, shots are a disaster. The whole game sucks. This hides from efootball sorry...

Why did the game lag and stutter during gameplay and Replays?

Have RTX 3080, 32GB DDR5 ?

144Hz
Solid 120 FPS
Vsync OFF

it doesn't matter what I change, same problem.

is there a Solution for that?

Why did the game lag and stutter during gameplay and Replays?

Have RTX 3080, 32GB DDR5 ?

144Hz
Solid 120 FPS
Vsync OFF

it doesn't matter what I change, same problem.

is there a Solution for that?
Maybe in nvidia control panel use the upscaling settings..can be helpful in many games

@Byronic or anyone please recommend me the best gameplay mod for fifa 23 at the moment which makes the gameplay realistic and fun
Did you tried Anth‘s Gameplay Version 6.0? Still working with TU 17.1. Gameplay is much slower and not so overpowered as Vanilla Game. Also the defense on both Sides means much much more. Same for midfield game. In default FIFA 23 just not present you have now a gameplay with your Midfield Players participate. Try this mod is my personal advice. But to be honest the „best“ Gp mod is only a personal opinion. I highly recommend you also trying Paul’s gameplay mods for FIFA 23. That way you have an personal comparison.

Did you tried Anth‘s Gameplay Version 6.0? Still working with TU 17.1. Gameplay is much slower and not so overpowered as Vanilla Game. Also the defense on both Sides means much much more. Same for midfield game. In default FIFA 23 just not present you have now a gameplay with your Midfield Players participate. Try this mod is my personal advice. But to be honest the „best“ Gp mod is only a personal opinion. I highly recommend you also trying Paul’s gameplay mods for FIFA 23. That way you have an personal comparison.
Thanks a lot mate

guys what are currently the best sliders to use for semi assisted passing , legendary, i have tried Fonts sliders from youtube, they get it right when it comes to passing speed and flow, but do his sliders fix the general non existent midfield battle? which one combines the slow passing and fixes the midfield battle? thanks

Is it possible to remove that skaty movement animation through any mod or sliders? It feels like players are skating on ice ...It feels so weird to play with that movement animation ....any solutions,?
best sliders for me to almost eliminited the skating and makes the passing slower and more realistic ball physics are Fonts realistics sliders, you can find them on youtube

For me after trying many sliders and gameplay mod, i ve settled on fonts realistic sliders, they slow down the game a lot and give it that pes build feel, i dont know if the sliders fix the midfield battle, i notice that os community sliders for line height are a bit better at making the game more lively in midfield, im not sure if mixing font sliders with line height and width of os sliders will work, any tried?

After trying FIFA, on FUMA, slow pace speed, high pitch wear with 75rating teams my 2 cents in comparison to ef2024 are:
FIFA is better in terms of:
-Stadium Lighting, especially in day time
-Grass feel (how the ball rolls and spin on it)
-Ball physics (feel much more realistic and heavy, less bouncy than efootball)
-Net physics (its simply oustanding)
-Body collisions (Bodies do interwine much better)
-Lots of customisation in everything (controls etc)
-Goalkeeper dives and deflections.
-Shot variety
-Feel of gravity in general (players/ball)
-Replays, details, and all these cosmetic things
-Crowd
-Sound design
-Offline and online modes.

FIFA is a worse than efootball:
-CPU AI
-Midfield and posssesion game
-Player Animation in turning, stoping, contolling the ball (It's ridiculous)
-Hypermotion feel of sliding and unatural body positions and stances
-Lobbed passes are ridiculously high (manual passing)
-Overall feel of player control.

Can someone tell me how to defend in slow pace game?
Once the oposition has the ball, even when I press sprint, the defenders are jogging and do not rush on the attacker. The outcome is that the CPU scores one on one goals easily and I loose the matches with 5+ goals. This happen on tactical and legacy defending. What do I do wrong?

Once the oposition has the ball, even when I press sprint, the defenders are jogging and do not rush on the attacker. The outcome is that the CPU scores one on one goals easily and I loose the matches with 5+ goals. This happen on tactical and legacy defending. What do I do wrong?
Did you tried the game with a Gameplay mod like Anth’s gameplay mod v.6.0??
The Vanilla Game can’t satisfy anybody‘s sense for Football. Toooo much Arcade and as Well Full of scripts like boost etc. I promise after playing with a gp mod like the one from @Anth James or @Paul-v ‘s mod you see and feel a football game in front of you. Nothing’s can the game perfected but it can be improved. Oh btw I think the same is to say about PES 2021, isn’t it?! 😄

Recently picked this up for PC and am noticing that the fully patched TU17.1 gameplay doesn’t feel as good as the earlier patches (particularly those pre-World Cup) I played on consoles. It feels a lot more arcade-y and fast now, almost a completely different game in feel in my opinion compared to those early patch days (seems like it’s the usual bullshit where EA patches the game to oblivion to appease the FUT crowd).

Noting that using Aranaktu’s Live Editor, it is possible to run old Title Update versions (when you have the old TU game files and also own the game), does anyone have any views on which Title Update version played the best gameplay wise?

I’m thinking perhaps Title Update 2 pre-World Cup, but keen to hear from others before I go down the rabbit hole.

Last edited:
Which sliders do you use? Are you sure there's no difference in terms of acceleration and sprint speed between your user and CPU sliders? You'll need to use L2 jockey a lot, and you'll also often have to anticipate what the AI is trying to do.

Recently picked this up for PC and am noticing that the fully patched TU17.1 gameplay doesn’t feel as good as the earlier patches (particularly those pre-World Cup) I played on consoles. It feels a lot more arcade-y and fast now, almost a completely different game in feel in my opinion compared to those early patch days (seems like it’s the usual bullshit where EA patches the game to oblivion to appease the FUT crowd).

Noting that using Aranaktu’s Live Editor, it is possible to run old Title Update versions (when you have the old TU game files and also own the game), does anyone have any views on which Title Update version played the best gameplay wise?

I’m thinking perhaps Title Update 2 pre-World Cup, but keen to hear from others before I go down the rabbit hole.
PC gameplay didn't really change since the game was launched. The console versions always feel different for some reason, maybe it's FPS related.

PC gameplay didn't really change since the game was launched. The console versions always feel different for some reason, maybe it's FPS related.
Having been playing the 1.0 version over the weekend, can't say I agree that the gameplay didn't change. Definitely plays a more realistic, human(ish) brand of football in 1.0 (similar to what I remember from my early days playing FIFA 23 on consoles), with less of the insane animation/dribbling and general arcadey-ness you see in the fully patched version. PC performance, in terms of FPS, is also higher and smoother in game than the fully patched version.

Only problem is 1.00 was released with a ton of bugs, particularly in Career Mode. missing features (e.g. World Cup, some stadiums, player faces) and some overpowered features (e.g. power shots being an almost automatic goal) so it's hard to recommend to anyone, especially as you need to bypass the Anti Cheat via Aranaktu's Live Editor to even be able to run it in the first place.

I have found, at least in my view, that there has been a consistent theme across the last decade of FIFA, where the initial release version plays the best (for those wanting a more 'simulation' style of realistic football) in order to suck in as many people as possible into buying it. And then it slowly gets patched into oblivion over the next 6-9 months to appease the FUT folks wanting a more arcade/faster paced game with lots of dribbling, goals and pace., ruining it for those who bought it on the basis of the release version gameplay. Sad really, as I feel like there is a good game hiding underneath in FIFA 23, and it is spoiled by what EA have ultimately patched it into.

Hello, I first purchased FIFA on PC and I applied Mods via FIFA Mod Manager.
I wanted to ask you if every start of the game do I have to start through Mod Manager and recharge everything every time?
I tried through the game of the game but the EA app at every restart of the PC cancels the Exe string me string
datapathfififamoddata
Sorry but I tried to look for an online solution but they are always here with the doubt ..

Hello, I first purchased FIFA on PC and I applied Mods via FIFA Mod Manager.
I wanted to ask you if every start of the game do I have to start through Mod Manager and recharge everything every time?
I tried through the game of the game but the EA app at every restart of the PC cancels the Exe string me string
datapathfififamoddata
Sorry but I tried to look for an online solution but they are always here with the doubt ..
The data Path you have written in your Post is not correct. There are missing a space between the string.
Correct path for the FIFA Mod Manager is: -dataPath FIFAModData
copy - paste or type them in exact how I write it above

The data Path you have written in your Post is not correct. There are missing a space between the string.
Correct path for the FIFA Mod Manager is: -dataPath FIFAModData
copy - paste or type them in exact how I write it above
Ok thanks... I'll try..
Do I still have to start via Fifa Mod Manager and load the mods every time I start Fifa23?

Back
Top Bottom