FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (PC Version)

I just finally got around to play this game. I had bought it, but had been on spiderman and fm saves.

It's wild, this game won't run well on my 4690k, but spiderman works well. I guess it's finally time to upgrade the old CPU. It's been *checks time* 6 years. Fair. I do have a 3060ti. But they also tried very little to optimize it seems.

I just finally got around to play this game. I had bought it, but had been on spiderman and fm saves.

It's wild, this game won't run well on my 4690k, but spiderman works well. I guess it's finally time to upgrade the old CPU. It's been *checks time* 6 years. Fair. I do have a 3060ti. But they also tried very little to optimize it seems.
you got my respect if you still use a 4690k. This CPU was released 2014 😅

QQ - has anyone tried playing someone on PS5 via online frendlies? Not got the game yet but a friend got this on PS5 for Xmas, and I had read cross-play is possible, but wondered how stable it was. Thanks in advance

it s definitely time, i upgraded to 10700 from 6700k, u won t notice it much with fifa though, ud notice it in other online competitive games.

Guys, hopefully somebody can help me out..none of my downloaded graphic mods are working , I did use mod manager to apply them all..still nothing is working.
Can somebody point me in the right direction maybe.

Thanks in advance

guys i just bought fifa 23 on pc, what are the best sliders and someone said u need some gameplay mod to make it realistic and better? thx

Any way to fix the high cpu usage? And any way to show the fps im getting in game? As neither fraps nor rivatuner statistics.work with this game, does limiting fps to 74 in control panel for 144hrz monitor?? Or what should i limit to

Edit: but hey, I’m also the guy who’s not getting the controller to work all the time in a way it makes sense. Started the game without dualsense and later connected (when in game). Controller moves all crazy though the menus. Tried starting with a controller connected, but the game starts a new save… it’s all messed up a bit.
can’t remember if I ever got that working for a longer time before... But I’m tired of setting up the controller (plus game settings) every time from scratch.

Replying here as it's OT to Paul's thread.

Sounds like Fifa is having an issue with exclusive access to the controller which makes it not work right ingame. What controller (you mention dualsense so DS4?), what method of connection and are you using any third party apps to make the controller connect?

I use a DS4 and in previous Fifas had to use 3rd party software which could be a pain with exclusive access but thankfully in 23 I can use my DS4 via a bluetooth dongle and it's detected ingame even with the correct icons :)

Replying here as it's OT to Paul's thread.

Sounds like Fifa is having an issue with exclusive access to the controller which makes it not work right ingame. What controller (you mention dualsense so DS4?), what method of connection and are you using any third party apps to make the controller connect?

I use a DS4 and in previous Fifas had to use 3rd party software which could be a pain with exclusive access but thankfully in 23 I can use my DS4 via a bluetooth dongle and it's detected ingame even with the correct icons :)
Yeah, my fault again, not picking the correct thread. Please excuse me, @paulv2k4 !

dualsense is the PS5 controller. I use ds4windows.
i am using a Bluetooth connection via windows.

well, I don’t have a problem using the controller in MSFS. It’s just the known fifa controller problem. I tried connecting after starting the game (as advised) but that’s not working flawless.

Besides the mod not working… ok, but it can’t be so hard to find a setting that always works. ALWAYS! like, I want to play FIFA and start the PC plus game and it just works. 🤷‍♂️🤯

edit: I thought I can get this working when I finally blocked fifa from accessing the internet. So it’s all local… I even disabled the origin cloud save function. Set origin to offline mode… damn, save my ingame- and controller settings locally god damn it. 😂🤷‍♂️

but it fits the picture. FIFA was the first Software I had to have opened to apply a mod. 🤷‍♂️ Never heard or done this before. It’s a special kinda Software I guess. 🤯🤷‍♂️

dualsense is the PS5 controller. I use ds4windows.
i am using a Bluetooth connection via windows.

well, I don’t have a problem using the controller in MSFS. It’s just the known fifa controller problem. I tried connecting after starting the game (as advised) but that’s not working flawless.

Connecting after starting the game is the wrong advise, the controller needs to be enabled before you start Fifa with no other apps accessing it. I know the DS4 is supported natively but not sure about the DS5. Is it showing as Exclusive in DS4windows? Are you using HID Guardian to enable exclusive access?

Connecting after starting the game is the wrong advice, the controller needs to be enabled before you start Fifa with no other apps accessing it. I know the DS4 is supported natively but not sure about the DS5. Is it showing as Exclusive in DS4windows? Are you using HID Guardian to enable exclusive access?
Well, it was said here before, connect the controller when you already started the game. I did not come up with this.
I can start the game with the controller enabled… no problem. Still the game starts as new then, with the intro and fav team selection.
Maybe these are 2 different problems.

DS4 or DS doesn’t matter, afaik… it’s recognized and working! Just not without problems in fifa.

anyone can answer me please concering how to limit fps to which number for 144hrz monitor? and how to fix high cpu usage

If you have AMD you can use AMD Radeon Chill, with Nvidia I'm not sure: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-033

For high CPU usage just google your CPU and high CPU usage and see if there's any tips...
ok another question, what s the best way to make this game close to the other game s build up play and ball behavior, which sliders are best for realistic pace and good gameplay?
I noticed that the default gameplay cam is best in terms of how the animations of the players flow, in the eacom camera it feels like the players are sliding around and their animations are as good the default camera, what do u guys use for camera in this game for career mode?

So tonight, it worked for me! 😊 let’s see tomorrow.

i ticked the box to run origin.exe s admin and when I use FMT to start the game, Origin runs into compatibility mode, I click ok and the game loads up. Including the root sign. i let the gam load and select my save file via keyboard or mouse. I skip the short ea intro and at the title screen, where it states to press a button, I switch to windows. I connect the dualsense via Bluetooth and start ds4windows. As soon as I switch back to FIFA, an automatic input happens. i press X on my dualsense once and it takes me to the FIFA main menu. Controller navigates through the menus flawless. Game settings get saved. Only the controller settings (for me it’s controller 4) arent.
anyway. I restarted windows 2 times and the game 3 times. it worked all the time. 😊

thx for your patience guys. Fingers crossed it stays like this.

ok another question, what s the best way to make this game close to the other game s build up play and ball behavior, which sliders are best for realistic pace and good gameplay?
I noticed that the default gameplay cam is best in terms of how the animations of the players flow, in the eacom camera it feels like the players are sliding around and their animations are as good the default camera, what do u guys use for camera in this game for career mode?

Can't really answer your question as I don't play that other game. But your previous question about best gameplay mod and sliders, for slider's the gold standard is generally Operation Sports' but I see you're in the slider thread so probably figured that out. The best gameplay mod I've tried is Paul's: https://evoweb.uk/threads/v-paulv2k4-fifa-23-mods-fmt-only.92291/

It should be noted that TU6 forced Paul to remove a couple of features of the current version unfortunately which changed a couple of aspects of how the AI played:

I actually got some time this morning to play a game or two and look through all my changes to see if something had bugged out. Turns out EA had made big changes to tackling and positioning (again, thats the 4th time since release) and it broke the mod (again).

Here is the mod file for you to test.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jxkpu1z8ipcnnlf/V+Gameplay+Mod+-+v3a5.fbmod/file

Because of the changes EA made, some of the mod have been reverted to vanilla. I am not happy with the pacing of the game in this version but its "playable". So just be aware of that before providing feedback. Thanks.

So tonight, it worked for me! 😊 let’s see tomorrow.

i ticked the box to run origin.exe s admin and when I use FMT to start the game, Origin runs into compatibility mode, I click ok and the game loads up. Including the root sign. i let the gam load and select my save file via keyboard or mouse. I skip the short ea intro and at the title screen, where it states to press a button, I switch to windows. I connect the dualsense via Bluetooth and start ds4windows. As soon as I switch back to FIFA, an automatic input happens. i press X on my dualsense once and it takes me to the FIFA main menu. Controller navigates through the menus flawless. Game settings get saved. Only the controller settings (for me it’s controller 4) arent.
anyway. I restarted windows 2 times and the game 3 times. it worked all the time. 😊

thx for your patience guys. Fingers crossed it stays like this
I use the Dualsense on PC with Fifa 23 too. The trick for me is to start Origin from Steam (just add it as local application in the Steam library). Steam supports the Dualsense and so does Fifa when you launch it that way..

Back
Top Bottom