FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

Disappointed that there's so little about scouting. GTN is stale and was tedious to begin with. It certainly doesn't mirror scouting/recruitment in real life.

More impressed than I thought I'd be (ie not at all) but gameplay innit. Don't think I'll be blown away in that regard...

I seriously think about buying Xbox One Series X above PS5 for the next gen. I was wondering if I can take my FIFA points with me if I switch? I am not sure where my points are stored (PS4 or EA account). Hopefully someone did the same thing and can answer my question.

Last edited:
GTN is shit and they fixed nothing. Pre-Season is shit and they fixed nothing. U23 teams is a huge part of football these days and still nothing, not impressed at all with their "improvements".

Im one of those who dont like to dive too deep into tactics, strategies and settings before each match and spend a lot of time in the menus. After a while it gets tedious.

For me - its the immersion and things that would keep me interested for few seasons that count.

Taking a low tier team on the journey towards top is what I usually go for.

Having to play yet again on 5k stadium in Premier League, with the same kits from 10 years ago - its a big No from me.

Looks like 2021 ill be catching up with all the other games.

Im one of those who dont like to dive too deep into tactics, strategies and settings before each match and spend a lot of time in the menus. After a while it gets tedious.

For me - its the immersion and things that would keep me interested for few seasons that count.

Taking a low tier team on the journey towards top is what I usually go for.

Having to play yet again on 5k stadium in Premier League, with the same kits from 10 years ago - its a big No from me.

Looks like 2021 ill be catching up with all the other games.

I've never fully understood the stadium thing. Perhaps Ts and Cs bind them to the licenced stadiums, but what about the generic ones? What would be the harm in allowing you to move to one of the bigger, better generic stadiums even? It gets decked in the club's colours, you get to name it - it's maybe not a full-blown stadium builder but it's something.

GTN is shit and they fixed nothing. Pre-Season is shit and they fixed nothing. U23 teams is a huge part of football these days and still nothing, not impressed at all with their "improvements".

I still can't see anything on GTN. Surely we're not the only two who think it's shite? Also agree that pre-season could be better. I hate those pre-season tournaments in giant, packed stadiums. Very, very few teams play in such tournaments. Aberdeen certainly don't, so playing Brescia in a packed Allianz Arena doesn't really work for me.

I've never fully understood the stadium thing. Perhaps Ts and Cs bind them to the licenced stadiums, but what about the generic ones? What would be the harm in allowing you to move to one of the bigger, better generic stadiums even? It gets decked in the club's colours, you get to name it - it's maybe not a full-blown stadium builder but it's something
Yep.
Or create own team option and let us edit it between season.
If they can do it in FUT - there is no excuse not to do it in CM. Ah well.. maybe PS5 will be more lucky.. just hope I'll get a chance to play a proper footy game before i get arthritis.. :LOL:

Absolutely.
Gameplay is most important, obviously.
There's no need to even mention it.

Do you believe it will tho?
Every single question about AI, defenders and tackles was ignored.
They are bringing option for AI to play like Pro Players? whoop-de- fucking-doo!
Its the last thing they should be doing in career mode!

Trailer says Enhanced AI, which is what we get every single year in the trailers. They always say that and yet its a downhill slope for the last years.

The only way I was to have a hope would be if they said they are splitting gameplay into FUT and SIM style. As long as they have same gameplay for both - Fifa will never be fully enjoyable offline.
You will always get less error, more thick AI, less fouls and a speed of light.

So at least if I had an option to customise the team and keep it all fresh - maybe playing few seasons would not be as miserable as it is now.

I got my BETA code last night at 8PM.
Started downloading it and will be available from 5PM till 1st September.

I have access to Kick Off and Career Mode.
So will give career mode a good go with both Man Utd and Exeter.

You lucky SOB. Spread the knowledge!

You lucky SOB. Spread the knowledge!

In days past I would agree with you, but at this point it looks like a polished turd 💩........my interest in football games in 2020 is zero......absolutelynothing that’s new to the table......just the same old words with little foundation ( enhanced AI)...a bit like saying my visceral fat is now 7.3% rather than 10.......prove it!

In days past I would agree with you, but at this point it looks like a polished turd 💩........my interest in football games in 2020 is zero......absolutelynothing that’s new to the table......just the same old words with little foundation ( enhanced AI)...a bit like saying my visceral fat is now 7.3% rather than 10.......prove it!

Oh, it's definitely more that I'm desperate for anything that's new and football related as opposed to being especially excited for FIFA 21. With that said, even my desperation isn't enough to have even a modicum of excitement for PES 2021 (unless they miraculously improve off the ball awareness/responsiveness).

EA showing their true colours. My 23 year old son has religiously bought fifa for the last 5 years and has foolishly spent around £300-£500 each year in FUT and has been always invited to the beta but In FIFA 20 he barely bought any fifa points and suddenly no beta for him. Coincidence? I seriously doubt it.

EA showing their true colours. My 23 year old son has religiously bought fifa for the last 5 years and has foolishly spent around £300-£500 each year in FUT and has been always invited to the beta but In FIFA 20 he barely bought any fifa points and suddenly no beta for him. Coincidence? I seriously doubt it.
Why would they want his feedback? They've already lost him. They need to know from the remaining FUT players if they're going to keep them or not, and keep that sweet microtransaction money flowing in. (£300-£500 a year, on a game that's supposed to cost £50 as a one-off. What a scam they're running.)

Got invited into the VOLTA FOOTBALL and Kick-Off beta, surprising as have never been invited before and never bought Fifa 20 after buying all the previous games.

I am suggesting that this year I might of been selected for owning FIFA 20 on all consoles.

PC via Origin Premier.
Xbox One - Due to the massive glitch on release when you bought a £2 data pack it gave you the full game.
PS4 - When I bought my Pro and got it for like £14 in a sale.

I really do think that they look at your previous purchases when deciding who should get access for the BETA.
Or maybe it is because on FIFA 19 I played about 200 hours, and FIFA 20 I have only played 34 hours and most of that was trying gameplay mods.

TBH I will try it later tonight, but I have never been so unexcited about a football game in my life.
FIFA 20 was complete garbage, and even though Paul2K4 improved the experience, fixing one element broke another - FIFA 21 surely can't be any worse as FIFA 20 really was a turd.

Why would they want his feedback? They've already lost him. They need to know from the remaining FUT players if they're going to keep them or not, and keep that sweet microtransaction money flowing in. (£300-£500 a year, on a game that's supposed to cost £50 as a one-off. What a scam they're running.)
£300-£500 a year is on the low/casual side as well, they can afford to let those people go. What they really want are the ones who will drop thousands to constantly fill their team with 'meta' players, which is why they put so much emphasis on 'Icons' and release gradually stronger cards throughout the year for various events.

To be fair, even some of the biggest FUT YouTubers around (like Nepenthez) have never received a beta invite ever. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if it was a factor.

Saw the career mode trailer, an absolute joke in terms of features knowing they stated it as: "the most immersive changes to career mode in the history of the series", simply pathetic

I literally wrote the same yesterday and deleted it for fear of “just complaining “ 😂.

totally agree

Back
Top Bottom