FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Nice one @slamsoze, Hope you enjoy it. What country do you live in, As i figured this game especially on console would be ridiculously cheap?
It's less than £1 here in the UK on PS4 for a physical copy.

Nice one @slamsoze, Hope you enjoy it. What country do you live in, As i figured this game especially on console would be ridiculously cheap?
It's less than £1 here in the UK on PS4 for a physical copy.
I live in Greece. On physical copy it is cheap here too, not as cheap in UK or north Europe, but i can find it from 14,00€, brand new sealed. Ι have problem with Greek shopping mentality at general and avoid physical copies. I had written on PES-retro Cornner about these sad stories, like when i found last year, a sealed collector's edition of PES 2014 for PC , only to find out after a while, that it costed its original full release price.! It was more expensive than the PES 2019!!!!

Game looks fantastic. If I buy the xbox one version is it fun? Or only on pc with mods?
I don't know about Xbox and PC, but on PS4 it looks and plays fantastic. Final version playing now. In comparison to 2019 and 2020 (which i tried while i was waiting for installation), it feels better. Better response, better movement, more simple animations but more consistent too. It is also more photorealistic than the new games, at least on my PS4, my TV.

I am really very happy with this purchase, i feel it is worthy 100%. i feel like i got a "new" game. Actually i bought new game, technically it is "old".

I played the obligatory friendly Real- Barca. The game play felt really good better than every game among 2017~2020.
But, my only but, I assume that until it fully downloads, it plays on vanilla 1.00 at the moment. I hope when it fully downloads and updates to final version, it doesn't change dramatically or for worse.

The demo plays a bit better than the full game and the final patch. But in the year 2020, it hardly matters. Football games are so much worse these days, that even the final fifa 16 version seems amazing and fresh by comparison 😄

So don't worry too much about it, you may have to reduce the pass speed a bit with sliders and maybe the acceleration value by 1 point to 49 and it should be close enough to the demo "feel".

Last edited:
I don't know about Xbox and PC, but on PS4 it looks and plays fantastic. Final version playing now. In comparison to 2019 and 2020 (which i tried while i was waiting for installation), it feels better. Better response, better movement, more simple animations but more consistent too. It is also more photorealistic than the new games, at least on my PS4, my TV.

I am really very happy with this purchase, i feel it is worthy 100%. i feel like i got a "new" game. Actually i bought new game, technically it is "old".

Shoot me a PM if you want to play some online 1v1 friendly sometime

Started my FIFA 16 CM, after some research o the net. waited for Alaba go to Juventus for 10M, which happened again!!! :) Then on the preseason tournament, i dropped on the GK-penalty bug that someone discussed here, some months ago! I think it was @papinho81 ???? :) :D :)

It did happen a lot (5 times) at beginning of my run with this game on pc, but not once on a year or more.
Yeah , it did not hurt me too much on pre-season, i assume it will hurt if it happens in a crucial match. In an on-the-fly mini review, i love all the set-pieces, they are better than the Frostbite system, free kicks, corner kicks, but the penalty system is really tragic. I prefer the 2017~2019 system.

Last edited:
The only reason I'm not playing more FIFA 16 is because there aren't any recent, fleshed-out patches for it. I saw Ariel talk about potentially updating the MW patch, so here's hoping. Even the vanilla gameplay is extremely entertaining and it's a shame that EA tossed the Ignite Engine into the dumpster. I was curious to see what the mainstream opinion on FIFA 16 was and I suppose it comes as no surprise that it's rather divisive. A lot of people appreciated it, others, not so much...

Small sample size:

The decline started with fifa 16 included. The last good fifa was 15.

Fifa 16 may have been the worst Fifa since 10. It was truly garbage, it wasn’t fun as a simulator or an arcade game. 17 wasn’t realistic but at least it was enjoyable.

Personally, I hated FIFA 16, the dribbling was so stiff, the passing was a bit too manual for my taste and the gameplay in general was not fantastic. Oh, and the card designs from UT look terrible in retrospect, in my opinion.

FIFA 15 was life. FIFA 16 was the time everything started going downhill... at least for me.

I guess I was an out & out pace whore before fifa16...I found it very frustrating as I wasn’t used to losing; but looking back it made me learn the right stick actually existed.

16 was bad and 18 is pretty bad. Just my opinion though.

FIFA 16 is a good candidate for the worst FIFA ever.

Fifa 16 is the worst fifa i’ve played, and i’ve been playing since fifa 10. Only played around 200 games on FUT, just wasn’t interested.

FUT has ruined everything.

The only reason I'm not playing more FIFA 16 is because there aren't any recent, fleshed-out patches for it. I saw Ariel talk about potentially updating the MW patch, so here's hoping. Even the vanilla gameplay is extremely entertaining and it's a shame that EA tossed the Ignite Engine into the dumpster. I was curious to see what the mainstream opinion on FIFA 16 was and I suppose it comes as no surprise that it's rather divisive. A lot of people appreciated it, others, not so much...

But Fifa Infinity patch has one for 19/20. I've been using it and its been great. yeah some guys show up bald, but besides that is pure fun. Had such a blast this past month. Still is one of my top FIFA games.

Small sample size:

FUT has ruined everything.
Those FUTters :DOH:
They are the very reason why we are in such a bad situation with current fifa. 16 too manual, you can't speed burst all the time. They ask for skill gap and at the same time for more assistance?

Fifa16, on the ball is one of the most satisfying footy game. You have a proper midfield play. 15 in comparison was a end to end galore. Passing is not easy, you have to think and to pass laterally. Dribbling is super fun and responsive. You don't need to use tricks to beat your opponent, simply play with change of tempo and the balance of your opponent. Collisions and their detection are in general great, also the ref detection. The cpu ai is challenging and plays one of the most patient play ou can find. Some time too patient but at least it is not all about verticallity. Scoring goals feels often super satisfying. I can't count how many fist pump I did during the past year. Player individuality is really great, you need to learn how to use your players.

Its main default are the lack of variations in the cpu tactics, teams end up playing often a bit similarity. The CPU can be OP with finishing in the last third. Errors are often punished by a goal. The bad angle the CPU players commit some time when defending (dda).

As for up to date patches, you have FIP3 with the 2019/2020 season plus the winter transfers plus all the fifa20 leagues including the libertadores, plus the Russian, the Turkish league. How about that for an updated content?
Also almost all players face from recent fifa have been converted but also all the new stadiums. Soccergaming.com is the place to go for fifa16 mods.

Last edited:
:DOH:

A sample with just negative opinions. It doesn't look like a representative sample.
Of course you will find people to say its shit. You will find people to say gold is shit.

Fifa16, on the ball is on of the most satisfying footy game. You have a proper midfield play. 15 in comparison was a end to end galore. Passing is not easy, you have to think and to pass laterally. Dribbling is super fun and responsive. You don't need to use tricks to beat your opponent, simply play with change of tempo and the balance of your opponent. Collisions and their detection are in general great, also the ref detection. The cpu ai is challenging and plays one of the most patient play ou can find. Some time too patient but at least it is not all about verticallity.
Its main default are the lack of variations in the cpu tactics, teams end up playing often a bit similarity. The CPU can be OP with finishing in the last third. Errors are often punished by a goal. The bad angle the CPU players commit some time when defending (dda).

As for up to date patches, you have FIP3 with the 2019/2020 season plus the winter transfers plus all the fifa20 leagues including the libertadores, plus the Russian, the Turkish league. How about that for an updated content?
Also almost all players face from recent fifa have been converted but also all the new stadiums.

Oh, I completely agree which is why I prefaced by claiming it was a small sample size. :DOH:

I was just highlighting the fact that there are people out there who purportedly love football, but believe FIFA 16 is the worst FIFA of all time (especially when many, including myself, hold it in such high regard). It's baffling, but there's an ass for every seat. I love FIFA 16 and it wouldn't be out of place to claim that it's the best FIFA ever created.

I should have clarified that I specifically miss the MW Mod since it included everything, but I suppose FIP has just about all you need except for the faces.

Oh, I completely agree which is why I prefaced by claiming it was a small sample size. :DOH:

I was just highlighting the fact that there are people out there who purportedly love football, but believe FIFA 16 is the worst FIFA of all time (especially when many, including myself, hold it in such high regard). It's baffling, but there's an ass for every seat. I love FIFA 16 and it wouldn't be out of place to claim that it's the best FIFA ever created.

I should have clarified that I specifically miss the MW Mod since it included everything, but I suppose FIP has just about all you need except for the faces.

I am super sorry, I red too quickly your post the first time (I am just waking up) and missed completely your whole point.
I ve red it a second time and I have corrected my post.
Again my apologies, I am very thin skinned when it comes to 16 critics :)

Ah and to be fair with you about the patches, I am still using the last moddingway version plus extra addition because as you said it has more original content than FIP.
FIP patch makers are reluctant to add faces because of random crashes with converted faces and credits concerns for the facemakers.

Last edited:
I am super sorry, I red too quickly your post the first time (I am just waking up) and missed completely your whole point.

No worries, my friend. If you could hook me up with the process of utilizing the demo EXE with the retail game, that would be fantastic. I've done it in the past, but have since forgotten the process (and search results point to you PMing people, so). :TU:

Also, I vaguely remember being able to modify the ball sounds (when it's struck and what not), or at the very least disabling it. Is that possible? The "tin can" ball sounds have always bothered me in some of the older FIFA titles.

No worries, my friend. If you could hook me up with the process of utilizing the demo EXE with the retail game, that would be fantastic. I've done it in the past, but have since forgotten the process (and search results point to you PMing people, so). :TU:

Also, I vaguely remember being able to modify the ball sounds (when it's struck and what not), or at the very least disabling it. Is that possible? The "tin can" ball sounds have always bothered me in some of the older FIFA titles.
:WORSHIP:
PM in your box!

As for the ball sound I have no idea how to edit that. It doesn't annoy me too much as I use the pro cam as my main can and it makes sense to hear the sound of the ball. The almost lack of it in 20 feels strange to me.

Last edited:
I still play FIFA 16 to this day. I don't think I have ever removed it. It's one of the most hours I have with any FIFA.

1) FIFA 08
2) FIFA 16
3) FIFA 17
4) FIFA 12

Based on the total hours I had in FIFA. Ignite engine was perfect for football games. Even FUT fans hates Frostbite engine now.

Not only the frostbite engine is inaccurate for sport games but also graphicly, recent fifas don't look good. Its washed out, too smooth, not impressive at all. I only use nvidia's beta realtime filters thing (forgot the name) on fifa 16 and it looks better and sharper then 20. The only thing that is better with 20 is the lightning, espacially at night, and the crowd but that's it.

This game is a classic for sure.
Incredible how even after all the hundreds hours I played it, I spot stuff I apparently can't remember seeing before like this two animations:

1)The Salernitana player half-stumbling in the rain after being dribbled
2)My Ardemagni (Avellino forward) shooting, having the ball saved by the keeper out of camera and then freed by the defender only for expressing his mild disappointment in perfect time.

Anyway, I got the itch and I started a career in Serie B, with Avellino indeed, must say the whole flow of the game looks even better with lesser teams. We'll see how it goes and if I'll not get frustrated, last career I did I was sacked end season, this time the board requests just middle of the table, hopefully I can make it but I'm not 100% sure lol.

Last edited:
. We'll see how it goes and if I'll not get frustrated, last career I did I was sacked end season, this time the board requests just middle of the table, hopefully I can make it but I'm not 100% sure lol.

When I started my journey on PC with this game and decided I would not touch the sliders, I had hard time finding the balance between WC and Legendary. I loved the cpu defence on legendary but I found that the cpu was way too lethal in attack.
Adding those lines to my cl.ini have helped to get a more balanced experience (edit: on legendary):

[CPUAI]
HOME_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.70
AWAY_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.50

I have by now increased to 0.80 and 0.60. You can tweak it until you find your own balance.

Last edited:
When I started my journey on PC with this game and decided I would not touch the sliders, I had hard time finding the balance between WC and Legendary. I loved the cpu defence on legendary but I found that the cpu was way too lethal in attack.
Adding those lines to my cl.ini have helped to get a more balanced experience:

[CPUAI]

I have by now increased to 0.80 and 0.60. You can tweak it until you find your own balance.

Do you recommend that with World Class? Because this is the only game where I find it very difficult against the AI in Legendary.

[CPUAI]

Do you recommend that with World Class? Because this is the only game where I find it very difficult against the AI in Legendary.

I think WC difficulty is 0.75 internally and legendary should be 1. So the 0.80/0.60 values for the offence diff. are really close to WC level (Pro should be 0.50).

Last edited:
With legendary. I really like the cpu defense on legendary, it is way more aggressive than on WC. But I had to remove some tooth to the cpu attack.

I have still been trashed 6:0 at Juventus in the cl round of 16 during my first season.

Last edited:
Here is a file I sent to @Chris Davies some time ago with my cl.ini + other anticpu cheat and anti rubber band AI + mods to enhance my career mode:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/u4x3vpdafg8vngd/Chris.rar/file

you can find:
- my cl.ini and product ini (simply paste them to your main game folder then regenerate if one of the file is new for your game)
- three versions of simsettings (explanations inside, can be changed on the fly of a career)
- a file to insert in your db to decrease the rubber band behaviour of the game.
- Smokeswift career mod I am using (explanation inside, player values are a bit OP but IMO it spices the transfer window, otherwise good/excellent including cpu transfers).

Note: the simsettings are of my cooking but are based on @Topaz research on the topic.

Here is a file I sent to @Chris Davies some time ago with my cl.ini + other anticpu cheat and anti rubber band AI + mods to enhance my career mode:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/u4x3vpdafg8vngd/Chris.rar/file

you can find:
- my cl.ini and product ini (simply paste them to your main game folder then regenerate if one of the file is new for your game)
- three versions of simsettings (explanations inside, can be changed on the fly of a career)
- a file to insert in your db to decrease the rubber band behaviour of the game.
- Smokeswift career mod I am using (explanation inside, player values are a bit OP but IMO it spices the transfer window, otherwise good/excellent including cpu transfers).

Note: the simsettings are of my cooking but are based on @Topaz research on the topic.

Pap, I think the home and away are reversed. It feels like home matches are much harder than away match. Perhaps the difficulty is the difficulty for the human player which in that regard, home should have less difficulty than away match. I haven't tested enough though yet. I drew with Norwich at home 1-1 and beat Leceister City away 0-6. Also I decided to copy paste those two attributes and also added a case for Offence and Defence with a 'C' instead of a 'S' since some country actually uses the "C" version.

Code:
[CPUAI]
HOME_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.50
AWAY_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.70
HOME_DEFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.50
AWAY_DEFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.70
HOME_OFFENCE_DIFFICULTY=0.50
AWAY_OFFENCE_DIFFICULTY=0.70
HOME_DEFENCE_DIFFICULTY=0.50
AWAY_DEFENCE_DIFFICULTY=0.70

Pap, I think the home and away are reversed. It feels like home matches are much harder than away match. Perhaps the difficulty is the difficulty for the human player which in that regard, home should have less difficulty than away match. I haven't tested enough though yet. I drew with Norwich at home 1-1 and beat Leceister City away 0-6. Also I decided to copy paste those two attributes and also added a case for Offence and Defence with a 'C' instead of a 'S' since some country actually uses the "C" version.

Code:
[CPUAI]
HOME_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.50
AWAY_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.70
HOME_DEFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.50
AWAY_DEFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.70
HOME_OFFENCE_DIFFICULTY=0.50
AWAY_OFFENCE_DIFFICULTY=0.70
HOME_DEFENCE_DIFFICULTY=0.50
AWAY_DEFENCE_DIFFICULTY=0.70

I always wandered if it was not the case :)
But I still had really tough games away so I really never tried to reverse it.

I always wandered if it was not the case :)
But I still had really tough games away so I really never tried to reverse it.

I have just applied all of the patch files from there. I will try it out and see. I already love the game but there are some moments that are scripted so with that removed, it will be perfect!

Back
Top Bottom