FIFA 14 Nostalgia (PC, Sliders)

Many thanks guys.

Not sure how I missed the Libero Magazine review, will make it up this evening!

Hmm,this looks promising,I too found FIFA 14 pretty good,came from Pes 13,and maybe didn't appreciated it fully though, loved 16 on release,but can't really see it now (console that is)
Should really install this again

Been playing this one with the classic patch, so far it has been really fun, especially with MAtt10's sliders.
Now doing a champions league with the 95 Ajax squad and lost my first match to Real Madrid 1-3, loved it!

There is a lot less skating, and more momentum it seems. A whole lot better then more recent games (i own 20, don't like it and never bothered to buy 21).
I guess this comes from a time when there was no fut.....those were the days.

Ok my mistake, maybe there was less focus on the online stuff compared to now.
FUT was already key in FIFA 14 (I dare say that FIFA 14 was the game that brought FUT to everyone, due to the chemistry system being overhauled and simplified), but offline modes weren't as neglected as they are now.
Now single player modes are considered almost garbage by the developers, the main focus is on the player vs. player mechanics and on the so-called "skill gap" that many self-entitled "pros" often advocate.

This is the reason why now defenders don't act anymore as a team but you must constantly switch between a player and another so they remain in shape otherwise they split like butter and the attacker is through. While I wouldn't care if this only applied to the FUT/eSports gameplay, I'm mad at EA because these PvP mechanics are also present in the single-player modes.

Funny that you mention the player switching.
it is excellent in fifa14, but i’m so used having to do it myself that i keep messing up.
It already switches to the right player, but then i press switch and the wrong player is selected, which means cpu have a clear route to my goal 🤣🤣

I had FIFA 14 for the Xbox One on release and cant recall ever being all that impressed by the gameplay, but I’ve recently being playing on the pc and man, something about it I just find incredibly enjoyable. Playing with Matt’s sliders and fidel’s cl.ini and the passing and animations so fluid. You can really put together some great attacking moves in this game and the AI is a real challenge.

I had FIFA 14 for the Xbox One on release and cant recall ever being all that impressed by the gameplay, but I’ve recently being playing on the pc and man, something about it I just find incredibly enjoyable. Playing with Matt’s sliders and fidel’s cl.ini and the passing and animations so fluid. You can really put together some great attacking moves in this game and the AI is a real challenge.
I actually remembered really enjoying FIFA 14 on PS4 as it felt like a breath of fresh air after the frustration of PES 2014's launch & performance. I had 14 on the PC before the next gen version and it wasn't a trivial upgrade with shinier visuals, It really felt like a superior & powerful game.

Of course we got a whole new dynamic cutscene system for the first time which we take for granted now but I used to think the seamless off the ball transitions back to gameplay we're so futuristic (Until we started skipping them haha) And the beginning of the inverse kinetics on next gen was game changing.

It's a shame we don't have this version on PC as the PS4 version is unfortunately capped at 1080p still. You could probably pick it up for like 50p, I recommend giving it a try some time!

can you tell me where I can find Matt's sliders and the cl you use of Fidel? thank you

Worth it over 16?

I wouldn't say it's better than 16 as an overall package, but it does play a unique game compared to 16. I'd say give both a go as it does have its own identity, and isn't simply an underdeveloped version of 16.

Nvm. I can't find it for sale anywhere. Not on gamepass and the only place I found it was like 55$

Over in the 16 thread, @Anth James posted an update on making the night matches less drab and depressing. I think the night matches in 14 are even worse...is there a graphic mod or reshade available that can improve this aspect of the game?

A video of crazy game I had with the OP slider set.
By default this game is interesting with those sliders (I am not using the cl.ini) it is fanatastic.

I loved that cpu killer pass from Turan on the first goal.
The last 2mins of the video is the same continuous action, it just lack a sec or two at minute 3.

Thank you so much @Matt10 for this set!

Sprint: 52/53
Acc: 50/49
Shot Error: 51/51
Pass Error: 56/56
Shot Speed: 51/51
Pass Speed: 35/35
Inj Freq: 50/50
Inj Sev: 50/50
GK Ability: 48/48
Marking: 49/49
Run Freq: 1/1
Height: 53/53
Length: 65/65
Width: 65/66
FB: 90/90
FT Control: 100/100

left is user, right is cpu setting? or i am wrong?

Over in the 16 thread, @Anth James posted an update on making the night matches less drab and depressing. I think the night matches in 14 are even worse...is there a graphic mod or reshade available that can improve this aspect of the game?
I'm looking at what I can do with 14's lighting as well for day and night. The lighting is much more basic on this game so it'll be more difficult, but should be able to improve it a little!

Last edited:
Thanks man. Went to checkout and got the region restriction that wouldn't let me buy it. Tomorrow I'll try with a vpn. Taking how you seem to like 14 and 16, do you recall 15?
I did have it on xbox one years ago, but I can't remember enjoying it all that much. How did you find it?

I did have it on xbox one years ago, but I can't remember enjoying it all that much. How did you find it?

Didn't download it. Played it a year ago but didn't really five it a good chance. I'll try to see if I can get 14 to buy. Videos look good. Have been taking a break from futbol games lately

putting just cl.ini (with removed camera mod), i do not notice any difference in gameplay.

maybe it works only with custom sliders.

Back
Top Bottom