Fifa 11 Career Mode News Thread 360/PS3

Re: Fifa 11 Career Mode talk 360/PS3

Yeah that sounds a little disappointing especially since you guys went in there with the intention of injuring, injury-prone players like Hargreaves! :LOL:

Having said that tho, how many games would you say you played anyway? I still think it's in there, probably nowhere near as frequent as we'd want it to be tho.

We were there from 9 till 7 playing pretty much non stop, we did sim some games too but we played lots and as I said we played three or four where we were hacking like an 80's Millwall squad...:P

No problem bro. Thanks for everything anyway. You doing us all proud!
Cheers.. any other questions just let me know...

Last edited:

Well that might just do it for me - really can't see myself playing FIFA all that much this year if PES is as good as the early impressions make it out to be.

I know different people have different expectations and preferences when it comes to a manager mode, but EA has taken out some of my favorite features, like manual player growth and finding undiscovered youth via the old scout, while they've added nothing to replace them. Honestly, CM is so watered-down I might as well just play custom league tournaments - I mean, manager mode should be about creating, developing, and molding a club, and yet aside from transfers they've removed all hands-on, interactive features.

Seriously, what the frag have they been doing all year? I didn't see one bit of good news in all that. Utterly disappointed atm. Lets go pes.

Do you get subbed in as a youngster trying to break into the 1st team with 20-min cameo appearances around like 70th minute? Or get subbed off if you're getting tired or playing bad....?

No unfortunately in Marcel's words you either play, don't play or get red carded, same as 10...
I really hate this. It's so unrealistic.

Good job answering the questions though. We needed answers and we got them.

Thanks Nick. Just went through your q&a and although there are lots of good things, but...
Do you get subbed in as a youngster trying to break into the 1st team with 20-min cameo appearances around like 70th minute? Or get subbed off if you're getting tired or playing bad....?

No unfortunately in Marcel's words you either play, don't play or get red carded, same as 10...

These things would add so much realism. Or do you start every game (even it's for reserves) and play full match.

They would and Marcel said they would look at things like this but sadly as above...:(

Right, here goes in the game you have emails popping up from the assistant coach amongst others, we had a total of four injuries in this manner, some from just going day to day in the league and some from simming bulk games to get through to key matches...

They were as follows:
Training ground injury,3 days...
Training injury, 123 days...
Player subbed off with a sticking plaster symbol (the new "has a knock symbol") he was back the next week fit...
Training injury 9 days...

We had no playing injuries as shown apart from the guy who was subbed with the plaster symbol, not one in all the games we played and what was worse is we put on players with the injury prone trait and then hacked them for the whole game with nothing but yellow and red cards, Owen Hargreaves was kicked from pillar to post in one game and at one point got the plaster symbol only to shed it again after a few more clatters from behind...

This was the first thing I, Tom and Phil put Marcel and in no uncertain terms, his answer was that they were in there but the guys in the office had been concerned and toned them down, but they were still in there.. I did go over and over this with him explaining injuries should be almost one a game at least, this does not mean the player is out for months or even weeks but it does mean he has to be subbed off or replaced...

I was honestly dismayed at haw they seem to look a injuries... :ROLL:

Sore point I'm afraid, overall the ball control is far too good for everybody, let alone the very good players..
This is one of the things the guys off forums like this are pushing for in the more Sim based game, EA unfortumately have millons of kids who want a pick up and play game and a few thousand is a small blip against a few million... :PIRATE:

I don't understand how EA can't get them right. If they were difficult to implement then that's fine, but how can they give us other things that seem more complicated than the ones quoted then?

Well that might just do it for me - really can't see myself playing FIFA all that much this year if PES is as good as the early impressions make it out to be.

I know different people have different expectations and preferences when it comes to a manager mode, but EA has taken out some of my favorite features, like manual player growth and finding undiscovered youth via the old scout, while they've added nothing to replace them. Honestly, CM is so watered-down I might as well just play custom league tournaments - I mean, manager mode should be about creating, developing, and molding a club, and yet aside from transfers they've removed all hands-on, interactive features.

Seriously, what the frag have they been doing all year? I didn't see one bit of good news in all that. Utterly disappointed atm. Lets go pes.

I can understand fully where your comming from mf, I felt the same way and still do a bit, I was hoping for big things this year, I must admit what is there is a big improvemnt on 10, the problem is there is not a great deal more than 10 and as you say in some ways less if you count the parts you liked..
All we can hope is PES is fantastic and keep pushing and hoping they'll listen... :PIRATE:

I really hate this. It's so unrealistic.

Good job answering the questions though. We needed answers and we got them.
Yes there are lots of things that have had little if any work done to them...

I don't know about that, but yeah it's only an improvement on last year simply because they have made it stable by taking a few things out. I don't get why they would take out player form.

you a little bit comforted me ;)
One thing to point out, I'm still playing FIFA 10, I never made the leap to WC so I'm looking at these things from a 10 to 11 point of view, but I'm sure even WC players will notice the change...

Thanks Nick. Just went through your q&a and although there are lots of good things, but.
I don't understand how EA can't get them right. If they were difficult to implement then that's fine, but how can they give us other things that seem more complicated than the ones quoted then?

Yeah, it is odd, I'd love to see how they are set up and see how they prioritize things...

Have you sold your soul, mate?

:PIRATE: Never...

I don't have one... :P

Last edited:

So Player form is completely gone, Nick?

Last year it was there but made little sense and was stupid. Now instead of fixing it, it's fully gone?

Hmmm... so with the lack of any kind of player form and the absence of something like 'Player Morale' where a player will be unhappy if you're let's say 6 games into a season and he hasn't started once, the only reason you wouldn't pick your best players for every match, is if once or two didn't have a full stamina/energy bar and needed to rest or if you wanted to play a couple youngsters to help them improve quicker...

Not exactly ideal or that realistic. But whatever, can't say I expected much more from EA. So no disappointment on my part at least. :P I'm one happy man. lol

P.s. I'm guessing you had a couple different Manager modes going on? Or just one with Leeds?

Did you have random offers for players you didn't have set as 'transfer-listed'? Were clubs trying to buy your best players? And I guess the player would never be unhappy if you weren't to sell him and reject all those offers even if it was from much bigger clubs? Nah... probably not lol. :P

I can understand fully where your comming from mf, I felt the same way and still do a bit, I was hoping for big things this year, I must admit what is there is a big improvemnt on 10, the problem is there is not a great deal more than 10 and as you say in some ways less if you count the parts you liked..
All we can hope is PES is fantastic and keep pushing and hoping they'll listen... :PIRATE:

I hope you don't mind but I wanted to post Jimmy's response to you to let others know what I'm talking about and why I'm so angry with EA removing the features that they did over the last couple years. Man, I've missed ML since I switched to FIFA in 08!

The following was posted in the PES 2011 discussion thread:

Hand on heart Nick, after what you put up with but still enjoyed about the MM, you and your bud will be blown away by the offline ML. 100's of thousands of unique players at your disposal. Youth Team Academy, varying Scouts, Fitness Coach's, Doctors, team Coach's, its as deep as the ocean. And when you take 3-4 years to build your own sqaud, then get into the Europa League for the first time, its as satisfying as it gets. Spending you limited resources to raise the standard of your Youth Academy, then watching great young players come through to the first team is awesome. Then training them week in week out in the areas you wish them to improve, then spending a million to train them in first-touch, 1 on1 finishing, the Passer card, really brings you so close to them as you watch them improve before your eyes. They are your kids and they feel like family.

Last edited:

P.s. I'm guessing you had a couple different Manager modes going on? Or just one with Leeds?

Did you have random offers for players you didn't have set as 'transfer-listed'? Were clubs trying to buy your best players? And I guess the player would never be unhappy if you weren't to sell him and reject all those offers even if it was from much bigger clubs? Nah... probably not lol. :P

We only had one copy going so just one at a time and were trying to get through the three modes too..

We had one offer for a player not on the list but that was it and to be honest we never played long enough to find out the other things, I'm going for a week next time...:P

I don't know about that, but yeah it's only an improvement on last year simply because they have made it stable by taking a few things out. I don't get why they would take out player form.

Don't know why you're on this forum if you're not interested in a quality football game, no matter the name on the front of the box. And even if you're all about FIFA and nothing else, competition is a good thing. This year more than ever FIFA needs strong competition!

We only had one copy going so just one at a time and were trying to get through the three modes too..

We had one offer for a player not on the list but that was it and to be honest we never played long enough to find out the other things, I'm going for a week next time...:P

Is there a next time?!

Now go get some rest now, Nick. :P We need you fresh for tomorrow lol.

Don't know why you're on this forum if you're not interested in a quality football game, no matter the name on the front of the box. And even if you're all about FIFA and nothing else, competition is a good thing. This year more than ever FIFA needs strong competition!

I just don't believe in Konami. I've played PES every year with all the same hype and nothing has kept me interested in the game for more than a year of ML. Yeah Konami probably will have better offline modes but if the gameplay isn't good then I can't play it. EA has the resources to make the game we want. Does Konami? I think they do, but PES is not heading towards sim. It has been about pick up and play with them. It's a question of who do I trust more. The answer is EA for me right now and has been since 08. I want competition but I don't believe Konami is the answer. Could be wrong, but we'll see this week.

Nick,

You mentioned no faces for generated players... any idea on what's the hold up there? It would really add a lot of personality to the fake players if we got to see their faces. Seems like this should be a no-brainer for EA.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Does playing blackpool feel different than playing against Arsenal or will we suffer the same problems as all AI teams having the ability to stroke it around like Barcelona again?

I just don't believe in Konami. I've played PES every year with all the same hype and nothing has kept me interested in the game for more than a year of ML. Yeah Konami probably will have better offline modes but if the gameplay isn't good then I can't play it. EA has the resources to make the game we want. Does Konami? I think they do, but PES is not heading towards sim. It has been about pick up and play with them. It's a question of who do I trust more. The answer is EA for me right now and has been since 08. I want competition but I don't believe Konami is the answer. Could be wrong, but we'll see this week.

You might want to try being more open minded. After all, don't know how long you been playin football games but until 08 FIFA games were crap and anyone who knew their football played PES/WE/ISS. No FIFA edition can touch the overall gameplay quality of pes at its best, so really don't know where you got all this confidence in EA. But who cares who you trust or who you think is going in the correct direction - the only thing that matters is results and so there's absolutely no reason to not be rooting for pes (and FIFA of course) to be great.

Nick,

You mentioned no faces for generated players... any idea on what's the hold up there? It would really add a lot of personality to the fake players if we got to see their faces. Seems like this should be a no-brainer for EA.

We could ask that regarding SO many things. So many areas for improvement in CM alone and there's no shortage of feedback and new ideas, yet this year must be the most underwhelming in years when it comes to advancing the game. Oh, but they did have time to add leaderboards in CM, yippee. H

That was then, this is now. Things changed. Amazing what a new generation of consoles does. They could change again.

Last edited:

It seems CM has been watered down to make it more stable. Less there is less chance of things going wrong. Gutted about the injuries. EA just don't want to make CM realistic at all in case it upsets the kids.

Thanks Nick,

Great write up...........took a while! :D

Seems the only big noticable improvement is the transfers and being able to not have to play 10 consecutive games in the rain. I really don't get the injuries and the kiddy argument (if that's what they are using). MM is nothing but a sim/hardcore mode imo, shocking that they think they need to dumb it down so much.

If I was being cynical, which I tend to be, you could say all they have done is copied the WC menu's, they have labelled the extra difference between players in the WC game to be called P+ and they have minimized the MM. Because let's face it, we have no idea how stable it is based on one season, so we can't even tell if it's bug-free, or good enough.

Really dissapointed, everything is so underwhelming.......and I don't think we are expecting too much either tbh. Especially not with their own hype engine they use. Really is starting to look like we are getting FIFA10.4

Nick,

Yeah, I'm thinking it will be the same as last time where some had a face and others didn't, it did seem odd to see one in the first few weeks of play within the game, seems a shame they couldn't have random ones in there, and from what Marcel was saying we can't go in to edit existing players to even add our own...

Thanks Nick,

Great write up...........took a while! :D
That's just the questions, I'll be on the write up all today too, to get it on the new EA site when it goes live this week...:P

Seems the only big noticable improvement is the transfers and being able to not have to play 10 consecutive games in the rain. I really don't get the injuries and the kiddy argument (if that's what they are using). MM is nothing but a sim/hardcore mode imo, shocking that they think they need to dumb it down so much.

If I was being cynical, which I tend to be, you could say all they have done is copied the WC menu's, they have labelled the extra difference between players in the WC game to be called P+ and they have minimized the MM. Because let's face it, we have no idea how stable it is based on one season, so we can't even tell if it's bug-free, or good enough.

Really dissapointed, everything is so underwhelming.......and I don't think we are expecting too much either tbh. Especially not with their own hype engine they use. Really is starting to look like we are getting FIFA10.4

Part of me feels just the same Tik,I'm still getting over the fact we seem to have stood still again. On the positive side the layout and presentation are so much better than 10 though, I still have a few niggles with it having said that, and the day to day stuff does seem vastly more involving..

A vital thing this time is stability, I know EA were hurt from that in 10, regardless of sales figures they can't really afford to put out an almost unplayable part of the game again, so maybe they have erred on the side of caution and not put the meat in until they have had the 2 million play testers have been at it... :PIRATE:

Back
Top Bottom