Fallout 3

How strange... Why have they made me graphics a bit worse on the PS3 version when it's a really powerful console? I understand how a PC could have better graphics than any console but a 360 is not as good as a PS3 can be in my opinion, having played on both.

I got this game (along with Mass Effect and Oblivion) for Christmas, and I love it so far. I've not done a lot of the quests or anything yet, just got out of the Vault and gone to Megaton. I'll post more about it as I play more of the game, but so far it seems very good.

How strange... Why have they made me graphics a bit worse on the PS3 version when it's a really powerful console? I understand how a PC could have better graphics than any console but a 360 is not as good as a PS3 can be in my opinion, having played on both.

360 was the lead platform so they pushed that console as far as it can to make the best version - then ported it to PS3 where things work differently and instead of working on it for months to find ways of pushing that console (as they did with Oblivion) they just did what they could in the time and released.

Hopefully devs will start working on the ps3 as the lead a bit more seeing as the 360 is 'easier to work with' as they say. That way if something isn't going well on the 360 it should be easier and quicker to fix than finding an error on the ps3 version of a port.

360 was the lead platform so they pushed that console as far as it can to make the best version - then ported it to PS3 where things work differently and instead of working on it for months to find ways of pushing that console (as they did with Oblivion) they just did what they could in the time and released.

Hopefully devs will start working on the ps3 as the lead a bit more seeing as the 360 is 'easier to work with' as they say. That way if something isn't going well on the 360 it should be easier and quicker to fix than finding an error on the ps3 version of a port.

TBH though, there really isnt a whole lot of difference looking at those screens, tis just something for people to yap on about, but they all look incredibly good and its a genius game going by the comments and views here and reviews.

Well indeed, not that much of a difference, doesn't bother me really, I'm probably not going to get chance to play it for months. I just can't understand why they change silly things like that for each system.

5/10 on Eurogamer.

I love Fallout 3. I love it to an almost indecent extent. It was far and away my game of 2008, and doesn't look like being knocked out of my personal top spot for a good while yet. But when you sift out its role-play, the ammo-box inspection and the exploration and draft in a fleet of health and ammo regeneration points to compensate... well, affairs just feel shallow and somewhat naked. Hopefully a lesson has been learnt at Bethesda towers. Business as usual next time please.

Hmm that's left me right cold :( You'd have though Bethesda would have learned their lessons from some of the Oblivion debacles, £5.99 for horse armour? I think fucking not thank you!

this is why i love fallout 3:
68ef5846f1a93b78a20baf924be6ae6e6da2e1ea.jpg

1a955692697512602d5fe0ddb763d12e4ff58185.jpg

51d80af3393c63ef7cd79925691003e980f8be0d.jpg

BAMM

dd1d1a6e0e2652f4c5abfdbe1759e3eeb27d1d0f.png

I wasnt meant to kill him :( anyways how do i join the brotherhood of steel? i like there armour

this thing is hard to kill!!

9c72cef7003f125ac36f38493b5bbbd41ca93794.png

Check this last pic out! That place is a gold mind for weapons!

1c1ce61118dcd6f5b94466bfa9b4de562f1ad11c.png

I heard you couldnt join the Brotherhood of Steel, as their armour is too heavy for you to wear.

Completed this last week and thought it was excellent, definately one of the best games I've played.

Ending happened a bit too soon though :(

Because I didn't expect it to end so soon, I spent a lot of time in the story mode so I could find the laser weapons. Next thing I know I've completed it :( I didn't even find the dog :(

I've just got back into this. The PC version has some fantastic mods that really add to the experience. Steam has it for $25 if anyone is interested.

Just finished the game in under 29 hours. Good game, but definitely not as great as some people make it out to be. Ending was quite poor too. I thought I would be able to continue on and finish off some of the side quests I hadnt done. Overall I thought The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion was a much, much better game. Not only was it longer and more varied in quests etc but the storyline was also superior as was the game world itself. I hope Bethesda now focus on The Elder Scrolls V. I might take a look at some of PS3 DLC thats coming but I wonder whether I should really pay for DLC that should have come out ages ago and according to some reviews doesnt add much value to the title either.

Well said BillyBoy I agree with you.

The DLC is pretty good though from the 4 different packs I've seen on the 360. However, by the time the fifth and final pack comes out (Mothership Zeta?) you may aswell buy the GOTY edition which comes out in October. It has them all included and you can sell that once you've finished it to save you shelling out for all 5 packs.

This is still my game of the year last year, I love it and it's the only game I've been bothered to go back to time and time again. There are far too many disposable games these days and this is the only game that has kept me remotely interested in gaming other than football games, ala FIFA. I even replayed it on the PS3 after completing it on the PC. I do agree though, Oblivion was the better game back in the day purely for the story.

Yeah I was just reading about the DLC packs Mjsmith2k. The initial pack Operation Anchorage was poorly received but the packs afterwards look much better especially Broken Steel which raises the level cap and at least lets you continue the game after the ending. After all 5 DLC packs (Operation Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta) the total cost of the game at £6.99 per pack plus the intial cost of Fallout 3 at £40 brings the total to nearly £75! The Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition looks like a much better proposition but since thats coming out in October I will probably leave it. Far too many games coming out soon for me to look back at a game that has in essence been completed already. I think I will just wait for the next Elder Scrolls epic. As for 2008 GOTY that had to be Metal Gear Solid 4 for me, closely followed by Grand Theft Auto IV.

Operation Anchorage is awful. Don't bother. Broken Steel is great though, good epic battles and the level cap is a nice touch. Not sure about whatever the new swamp one is.

After loving Fallout 3 I've gone back to try Elder Scrolls IV - I'm absolutely hooked. It is superb! Already think I like it more than Fallout, something I didn't think would be possible.

After loving Fallout 3 I've gone back to try Elder Scrolls IV - I'm absolutely hooked. It is superb! Already think I like it more than Fallout, something I didn't think would be possible.

Stick with it till the end. You will love it.

Sorry to bump this thread but i've finally started actually playing this now and i've got to say - its clearly good but my character seems completely unsuited to anything i need to do!

I also don't seem to find any weapons or ammo so i'm probably about level 2.8 and just gone down into the subway to look for 'the family' but i have a flamer and a handgun both with pretty much no ammo, and my health isnt in a great way but i dont know where to find either ammo, weapons, or things that improve my health cheaply without getting radiation.... And, i have the game on easy!

I dont know if i should start again and re do the stats but the ones ive got, which i think are lockpicking, small weapons and something else, seem vaguely useless right now..!

Can i have some general tips from anyone? I've read each page of this thread but i feel like people are playing a different game to me in terms of the stuff they had so early on in the game!

Cheers

I felt like that all the way through my game. I was constantly under the feeling that I was underpowered with everything I did right until the very last mission which by that point was of not much use.

I'm not sure if that was intended to give you the feeling that you're vulnerable, which worked well. But I would have liked to have been able to play the game up until a point where you felt like you were up to the job of going around killing everyone.

I'm late but I started it yesterday.
Played 2 hours, found a university and died.
I find it very hard to stealth/kill people without taking damages.
When I use the "focus aim", I always miss at close and long range.
I know that my character needs to improve his skills but this is really hard for me to start.
Should I privileged close combat ?
I don't want to spend my time having to heal me.
Will that change if I set my game on easy ?

Back
Top Bottom