Eurogamer's Top 50 Games of 2006: PES6 didnt make it!

i was saying this on pesfan, surely pes 6 should be i one of the worst games of the year award. :/

Maybe not because of its awfulness, cause its not awful, but out of any game released now a days, it must have been the biggest let down in history.

Yeah, PES6 clearly falls within the category of worst 50 games of the year. A prerequisite for any game is surely that it have gameplay. PES6 is 99% script....complete and utter wank.

i wouldny say its wank, just that its nothing new and the little things that are new arent very good, specially on the xbox 360.

PES doesn't deserve to be in the top 50. It's the same flawed game every year. People only like it so much, because it's the best football game out of a poor bunch.

Im not sure I would buy it if it wasnt patchable, I would only ever buy it on PC anyway, So top 50 is probably out of the question.

People only like it so much, because it's the best football game out of a poor bunch.

Absolutely right!

Football is massively popular worldwide and there are millions of gamers who crave to play it on their computers/consoles. PES still edges it over FIFA, but neither are particularly good games. Indeed, PES is increasingly bad and FIFA on the X-Box 360, with it's full analogue control is looking the more likely to move the genre forward whilst retaining the most important aspect - the human players control rather than increasingly scripted wank that is PES.

PES in 2006 = scripted wank.

Too scripted, every pass, shot, tackle and header are all decided by the CPU if they're successful or not. No 360 degree movement. I could rant all day. I'm buying no more new PES games until Konami actually make big changes to the gameplay.

In it's current state, it's far too restrictive, and you get no where near enough control.

I agree with all of the above, I just hope Seabass comes out of his office to see that soccer games need to move on, and its just not good enough to expect peeps to pay top money for small tweaks and out of date graphics and sound. Thats what EA did and now many of their sports games are not the best

Just played the PES6 360 demo after owning WE10 for a while. I'm definitely not getting it. Just like all of the other games in the series, some aspects of the game are just plain broken, especially the off ball control.

One thing I hate about PES are the complicated controls. Football is a simple game, and should have simple controls which allow for complex gameplay.

Complicated controls, with stunted resirtive gameplay. NOT a good mix at all. I don't miss playing PES at all.

FIFA07 = awesome graphic,have some improvement in gameplay,beginning to like it

PES6 = erm...gameplay...other than that,nothing at all,i usually lost the game in same-old-pass-diagonally-then-shoot pattern, sucks bigtime

Fifa, man, now there's a game which has improved. I used to download every Fifa demo expecting to hate it, but Fifa 07 is actually GOOD!

Now, it's far from perfect. But I love the way the game feels so much more free than PES.

PES has gameplay which should have been left behind in the PSOne generation. I only put up with it for so long because all of the other games were so much more worse. Now I have to have a rethink.

Last edited:
Gears is grey because its set in a bloody warzone

its brilliant to play, so fun, and Chainsaw kills are the best way of killing I've ever seen in a game.

It should be far higher than 7th

This is good news.... konami has played it safe for far too long and the title has stagnated... It hardly changes year on in and Konami blame the fact they are trying to milk, sorry cater for so many markets that they don't have time to sort things out or put in new things!!
Here's an Idea instead of trying to bring out umpteen variations give us a full game twice a year and put in all the Leagues there are to put in!! god most of its made up twaddle anyway, they must know for a fact it gets patched to make it playable!!
The reason they don't do that is for the spread out paydays and the fact nutters like us will buy two or three variations and drool like idiots over the latest tiny tweak then flame each other over how much better the same game play is in the JLeague or WE version is !!
Pondtrout must be laughing in his solid gold house with his rocket car outside, watching table tennis on S** +... Cos he damn well don't watch football..

Excellent news. Hopefully now Konami will have to try a billion times harder to please everyone next time round.

Back
Top Bottom