EURO2016 - players ruled out of the tournament

PIPA23

retired :)
21 June 2007
I start this thread for you to see wich players will definetly or maybe miss the tournament for injury or other different reason except not being nominated.
Only players who were part of their NT for last year, or players who otherwise would be certainly part of the lineups are allowed to be on this list.

Definitely:
be.gif
Björn Engels
be.gif
Vincent Kompany
be.gif
Dedryck Boyata
be.gif
Nicolas Lombaerts
hr.gif
Dejan Lovren
england.gif
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
england.gif
Jack Butland
england.gif
Danny Welbeck
fr.gif
Aymeric Laporte
fr.gif
Karim Benzema
fr.gif
Mathieu Debuchy
fr.gif
Nabil Fekir
fr.gif
Benoît Trémoulinas
fr.gif
Kurt Zouma
fr.gif
Mamadou Sakho
fr.gif
Raphaël Varane
fr.gif
Jeremy Mathieu
fr.gif
Lassana Diarra
de.gif
İlkay Gündoğan
de.gif
Marco Reus
de.gif
Antonio Rüdiger
hu.gif
Ádám Bogdán
hu.gif
Vilmos Vanczák
hu.gif
Leandro Almeida
hu.gif
Zsolt Kalmár
ie.gif
Rob Elliot
ie.gif
Marc Wilson
it.gif
Marco Verratti
it.gif
Claudio Marchisio
it.gif
Mattia Perin
it.gif
Riccardo Montolivo
northernireland.gif
Chris Brunt
pl.gif
Pawel Wszolek
pl.gif
Maciej Rybus
pt.gif
Danny
pt.gif
Fabio Coentrao
ru.gif
Denis Cheryshev
ru.gif
Alan Dzagoev
ru.gif
Yuri Zhirkov
ru.gif
Oleg Kuzmin
ru.gif
Igor Denisov
es.gif
Dani Carvajal

Last edited:
Re: EURO 2016 - players who will miss the tournament

Italy: Mattia Perin

Re: EURO 2016 - players who will miss the tournament

Germany: Bastian Schweinsteiger (not sure, but "good" chances)

already on the list :P

i will add Fekir and Zouma, both would most probably be part of France NT if it wasn´t for the injury´s.

Aymeric Laporte too, will miss through injury. Could've been part of the squad because of Zouma's injury. Fekir is healthy again, so there is a chance he could make it.

yeah, good point..but im not sure since he also got calls from Spain to represent them..

also not sure if Fekir will get automatically back to France NT after injury..

yeah, good point..but im not sure since he also got calls from Spain to represent them..

also not sure if Fekir will get automatically back to France NT after injury..

Laporte has stated that he wants to play for France.

I agree that Fekir isn't a lock as France have quite a few players for his position, but he still could. That's why I think you should take him out of the 'definitely' list, as he is available for selection now.

Definitely:
Ireland: Alan Judge

Maybe:
Northern-Ireland: Jamie Ward
Ireland: Harry Arter

i don´t want to go as far as that..

about Judge, as said i want to include in this list only players who played significant role in the qualifications for the tournament..

Laporte never played for France NT in qualification, nevermind if he would play ;)

as for others, i will not update the maybe list.. but wait for the official lineups to see if the currently injured players end up going after all..or not.

Ömer Toprak (Leverkusen).

Played his last game for Turkey agianst Iceland in the qualifiers. Not sure if he will be selected for the finals.

Nuri Sahin (Dortmund).

Before his injury, he was regularly selected for the NT. But he missed the qualifiers for EURO 2016 completely. Last month he was selected for the friendlies against Sweden (2-1) and Austria (2-1). On his place there are players like Özyakup (Besiktas, former Arsenal), Ozan Tufan (Fenerbahce), Mehmet Topal (Fenerbahce, former Valencia) and Hakan Calhanoglu (Leverkusen). So it will be a suprise if Fatih Terim will select him for the finals.

Last edited:
i don´t want to go as far as that..

about Judge, as said i want to include in this list only players who played significant role in the qualifications for the tournament..

Laporte never played for France NT in qualification, nevermind if he would play ;)

as for others, i will not update the maybe list.. but wait for the official lineups to see if the currently injured players end up going after all..or not.

Laporte didn't play in the France friendlies, but he would've gone for certain as a consequence of Zouma's injury, so it's relevant.

added

Origi - injured
Lovren - problems with coach
Sakho - being a dumb ass
Ward - injured
Immobile - injured

No major players but they took major part in our qualifying so..

Vilmos Vanczák
Leandro Almeida

reason: building a younger team for the future

added Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain who is out of EURO definetly with a knee injury
removed Emre Can from potential list now he is back from injury faster than expected.

Italy - Marco Verratti

So that's Italy's midfield done for...

Belgium - Vincent Kompany

Thigh injury. This tournament is getting worse by the day...

Add these two to the list:
hu.gif
Bence Mervó
hu.gif
Zsolt Kalmár

They didnt even make it to the training camp as they are "not ready" for such competition regarding their physical, pherhaps mental conditions. Shame. Both are amazing players.

ok but i won´t add Mervo as he didn´t play qualification as far as i know..so he won´t realy be missed if he didn´t play for the senior NT yet.

hu.gif
Ádám Bogdán

The manager made a clear statement to the player and to the press, he will not be part of the final squad.

ps: its a pretty dick move :D he could give him hope while he is in the training camp but at least a straight guy this Storck is

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom