ENGLAND thread

Don't want to make the Euro 2020 thread entirely about England, so posting this here instead...

Love this from Marcus Rashford. Old video but still a great watch.

Great video. Loved his post after the final.

It does make you think though, in biblical terms the :TWIST: is in more people than ever.
At one time i thought it was just me getting older and becoming more aware of these things. It's not the case, people don't seem to give two f**ks about anyone, and not only do we hear it from the media, most of us see it in our daily lives.

Can't believe how narcissistic the world is these days. Even down to holiday pictures, used to be here's a picture of Pyramids, Christ The Redeemer, Machu Picchu etc . Now it's here's me oh and in the background is something that I think is something to do with history.

Do you remember when people would go months without taking a photo. Well, actually I still do but you know what I mean.

@rockstrongo Hang on a minute, is he wearing a Portsmouth top? :THINK: Matt!!? :LOL:

That is not the glorious blue of Portsmouth, not that the kit is the same blue one year to the next these days :LOL:

Still the best video ever.
Obviously from Ingurland (Doncaster)
Looks like a typical night in most British pub's, unless of course you go to one of these family pubs, where you are treated to kids pretending to be aeroplanes running around your table. When i was a kid (still am sometimes) i had to wait outside the pub, with a packet of crisps and a soft drink. I always remember being told to make it last, FFS! for two hours!! :( :LOL:

Looks like a typical night in most British pub's, unless of course you go to one of these family pubs, where you are treated to kids pretending to be aeroplanes running around your table. When i was a kid (still am sometimes) i had to wait outside the pub, with a packet of crisps and a soft drink. I always remember being told to make it last, FFS! for two hours!! :( :LOL:
Remember mum and dad smoking in the car/at the dinner table/watching TV.
No seatbelts ,no helmet while riding your bike.
"Of course you can have a air rifle and knife for your birthday"
It's amazing were still alive

Just a thought on the security at Wembley, why wasn't it beefed up by a bigger police presence?
There always seems to be a massive presence at peaceful protests. However, when we get thousands of drink fuelled yobs (who notoriously have had this element attached to England) creating havoc in a pandemic, they are very little to be seen. :THINK:

Your "Intelligence" has failed BIGTIME. :FAIL:

@Buzzy I wondered that. Maybe they were spread a bit thin handling the likes of Trafalgar Square and other venues? You would have thought given the whole security angle in general these days anyway that it would have been much bigger.

...what's going on, folks?

I've not watched the last couple of England games because frankly I'm not feeling particularly English right now (for political reasons I won't go into), but - are we at the "Southgate out" stage?

I've not watched the last couple of England games because frankly I'm not feeling particularly English right now (for political reasons I won't go into), but - are we at the "Southgate out" stage?
I think it's time, I don't think what we've accomplished at the last two tournaments was due to his genius or anything like that, I think a lot of it was just due to sheer chance, playing weaker teams and certain things going our way.

We have talent in abundance, that's clear but we don't play any kind of football that compliments them, it's insane. When you see what Liverpool & City can accomplish when you dare to encourage your players to attack and dare to be creative, you fantasise about what England can do when you let them improvise a little and even try and score - What a novel concept.

This possession at all costs type football might work for players that are extremely disciplined and conditioned like Mourinho's Portos and Chelseas but they also play like that every week together. England group up once every few months, play totally different systems than they do for their clubs and it clearly disrupts them.

And after the bullshit of the Euro Final where he doesn't bring on game changing players like Rashford and Sancho until 3 minutes until a penalty shootout, it's hard to forgive that. When everyone watching thinks that's strange, the problem isn't "that's football, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't..." No, the problem is the manager isn't proactive in high stake situations and someone else should be invited to try and win something.

We shouldn't participate in a tournament just to say "Hey, at least we didn't finish last, be proud!" We should be aiming to win the whole damn thing and adapt when the going gets tough.

I've not watched them because I'm bored of watching Southgate's football. We have some of the best attacking talent we've had in years and he's so negative and caution first in his mentality.

I think one good test of an England manager is to think would I like him as my team's manager? A resounding no from me!

Back
Top Bottom