eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Guys, can you please test something for me?
I played a mate in PES2021 at home today the first time; same settings as I play solo. the game seems to suffer from the same sluggish feeling I have when playing ML or with live update enabled. But it was offline 2 player versus. straight after i then went into a single player match, same teams, same settings, and it was snappy again.

if someone with 2 controller at home could test that for me please?

Guys, can you please test something for me?
I played a mate in PES2021 at home today the first time; same settings as I play solo. the game seems to suffer from the same sluggish feeling I have when playing ML or with live update enabled. But it was offline 2 player versus. straight after i then went into a single player match, same teams, same settings, and it was snappy again.

if someone with 2 controller at home could test that for me please?
I played with my son first time and didn't notice anything , I was on fuma and he was on PA3 (he's 5)

Exhibition match, superstar, pa1, 12min, game speed 0, Hibernian vs Aberdeen. Made some drastic changes on tactics for tighter gameplay.

Really enjoyed the goal i scored at 7:38 and 14:46 both are from counter attack

I loved this goal. get to see the details in the replay after a crappy heavy touch takes him through 2 players!
Sorry for me being miserable and I do not want to spoil the nice goal in the end, but the first thing I noticed was the opponent MF on 0:03~0:04 doing the usual irritating, one step forward, two steps back and finally letting the ball go, while he was in clear advantage position to clear the ball or even better get possession. And the header was a pass from his mate, not even a random desperate header from you.

Sorry for me being miserable and I do not want to spoil the nice goal in the end, but the first thing I noticed was the opponent MF on 0:03~0:04 doing the usual irritating, one step forward, two steps back and finally letting the ball go, while he was in clear advantage position to clear the ball or even better get possession. And the header was a pass from his mate, not even a random desperate header from you.

yeah no worries, yeah i noticed it too. Tends to happen more with really lower level teams to be honest. Strangely they picked up second half and where much better against me, but were ropey in the first half

After initially being on board the Improved Responsiveness train, I'm firmly of the belief now this is PES 2020 with a new box. Same bs, different year. All dreams turning to dust.

Are we pretty certain the last update didn't bring any subtle gameplay changes? Regardless, I'm chalking this down as a problem with my new formation and will take a break!

After initially being on board the Improved Responsiveness train, I'm firmly of the belief now this is PES 2020 with a new box. Same bs, different year. All dreams turning to dust.

Are we pretty certain the last update didn't bring any subtle gameplay changes? Regardless, I'm chalking this down as a problem with my new formation and will take a break!
if this is 2020 i would have been fed up with it after one game, still playing

if this is 2020 i would have been fed up with it after one game, still playing
To be fair, he’s right. It’s not a coincidence that the majority of people who have played PES 2021 on here, Twitter and YouTube are all saying the exact same thing.

I just played an exhibition match because I’m trying to like this as the alternative is a definite no-go this year. But it’s PES 2020 with this season’s kits and less stadiums. I just don’t see the differences between this and the previous release. The only thing from a gameplay point of view that’s different is that it’s slightly more responsive. But the AI still play the same, boring way. Scoring goals still feels dull. Scripting in ML is still there.

Last edited:
I've just bought the season update after playing my "free" fifa 21 trial which I found disappointing and I have to say I'm enjoying it way more than I did pes 2020.

Much more responsive and more alert all round I find. I've yet to try ML because I imagine scripting ruins it, but tbf I just played leagues instead during 2020 for that reason.

Defences dropping back is still an issue so I'll be editing advanced instructions but even without having done that yet I'm really enjoying varied games in one off matches

I've started to add manual control runs now with manual passing and adv through ball, the increase in responsiveness seems make everything possible and work as of should.

You shit on Pes 17?
Interesting.

On a game where is an actual "goal" button? You just hit a controlled shot and the keeper cant do shit, with any player. Not to mention the terrible referee and foul system. The overpowered keepers when its not a controlled shot. The lack of passing and shooting error and variety. ML was even worse than now. And the usual list is there what PES2021 possesses of course. It pretty much feels like a budget title as a game. All Fox PES. Fox PES seem like started from a huge development deficit, where PES2008 was a disaster too PES2009 and 2010 were fun games. Not to mention PES2011-2013. They had some flaws but compared to this generation they were miles better. Now this generations overall gameplay is worse and contentwise offers the same. Plus offline players got neglected totally, ML only got one true update from the 3 yrs cycle which never happend and the AI is a potato since 2013. Its just pretty sad, i cant imagine picking any game over PES2021 from this gen. Not that i wanna pick PES2021.

Haven't been on this site in a long time as pes has just turned into a massive pile of steaming turd the past few years.

Pes 2020 was brutal after an excellent demo. It was the same the year before with the online beta.

MyClub is nothing more than embarrassment. Anyone who puts actual real money into that mode needs their heads checked, especially when it's nothing more than a scam. The heavy scripting is there to make you think your team is poor and therefore convince you to part with your money having already forked out 40 quid for the game. Games never used to be like this and it was so much better!

Take the very first master league online for an example! Was it 2013? Bloody hell that was so good it was unreal. It took me until April the following year to finally get the team I wanted. That was the players from the 2006 World Cup winning team. My team was the Italian Stallions. I just wish hard we could go back to something like that. Surely they could set up a mode like that as an alternative to MyClub. Of course they could but they won't. Why? Well money. The route of all things shite.

So any way I bought pes 2020 last year and deleted it from my xbox one hard drive in November 2019. It is by far the worst game I've ever played and the demo was so good too. The defensive play in the demo was especially brilliant. The ebb and flow was perfect. Just about everything was.

Is pes 2021 worth buying? Has it really improved? I have just seen so much conflicting reports of it and I'm never going to believe the YouTube channels that are really attached to the franchise in some way or another. Those who get all the sweets and treats every year to ramp up the hype train.

Should i buy it or stick with Call of Duty Warzone. A game that's excellent and bloody free into the bargain!

good morning guys... :))

i recommend listening to the lastest PESuniverse Podcast!

some (imo) important things were said and i fully agree on them and i think its healthy to listen to it. its about the constant moaning, perspective on things and everything PES these days!

lend it an ear please! ;)

Last edited:
Haven't been on this site in a long time as pes has just turned into a massive pile of steaming turd the past few years.

Pes 2020 was brutal after an excellent demo. It was the same the year before with the online beta.

MyClub is nothing more than embarrassment. Anyone who puts actual real money into that mode needs their heads checked, especially when it's nothing more than a scam. The heavy scripting is there to make you think your team is poor and therefore convince you to part with your money having already forked out 40 quid for the game. Games never used to be like this and it was so much better!

Take the very first master league online for an example! Was it 2013? Bloody hell that was so good it was unreal. It took me until April the following year to finally get the team I wanted. That was the players from the 2006 World Cup winning team. My team was the Italian Stallions. I just wish hard we could go back to something like that. Surely they could set up a mode like that as an alternative to MyClub. Of course they could but they won't. Why? Well money. The route of all things shite.

So any way I bought pes 2020 last year and deleted it from my xbox one hard drive in November 2019. It is by far the worst game I've ever played and the demo was so good too. The defensive play in the demo was especially brilliant. The ebb and flow was perfect. Just about everything was.

Is pes 2021 worth buying? Has it really improved? I have just seen so much conflicting reports of it and I'm never going to believe the YouTube channels that are really attached to the franchise in some way or another. Those who get all the sweets and treats every year to ramp up the hype train.

Should i buy it or stick with Call of Duty Warzone. A game that's excellent and bloody free into the bargain!

Given what you've said about you opinion of PES over the last few years, I'd say definitely wait for PES2021 Lite (which has previously always been free and is normally released a couple of months after the full game).

PES2021 is just PES2020 with another patch applied, so pretty much all the bad stuff in 2020 is still very much there. It's more responsive (and the cpu is also more responsive, so the game is a bit faster) but also comes with other tweaks which make the gameplay worse imo, eg. overpowered keepers (you nearly always need to use finesse or manual shots to score now), cpu defenders now super-reactive (ie. not based on stats), heavy rubber-banding and still the same obvious scripting. AI awareness issues are reduced in some instances but still unacceptably bad.

good morning guys... :))

i recommend listening to the lastest PESuniverse Podcast!

some (imo) important things were said and i fully agree on them and i think its healthy to listen to it. its about the constant moaning, perspective on things and everything PES these days!

lend it an ear please! ;)
Real positivity is hoping that 2021 will be everything it can be, given that it's being created in a new engine, and with realism at the forefront (they've said this themselves). I am hugely positive about that.

Is positivity really putting up with a product's flaws (if you are affected by them) - especially one we are so emotive about, and attached to? I absolutely don't think so. I think that's just putting your fingers in your ears.

It's one thing to be positive. It's another thing to be blindly positive, and accept major issues with what you pay hard-earned money for because it's just so gosh-darned great to be alive. But, to each his (or her) own.

I'm proud to be a mod here, because I think we can discuss the good and the bad maturely. Without resorting to, "oh just be positive!!" Or "stop enjoying the game!!" Both sides of the same coin.

Real positivity is hoping that 2021 will be everything it can be, given that it's being created in a new engine, and with realism at the forefront (they've said this themselves). I am hugely positive about that.

Is positivity really putting up with a product's flaws (if you are affected by them) - especially one we are so emotive about, and attached to? I absolutely don't think so. I think that's just putting your fingers in your ears.

It's one thing to be positive. It's another thing to be blindly positive, and accept major issues with what you pay hard-earned money for because it's just so gosh-darned great to be alive. But, to each his (or her) own.

I'm proud to be a mod here, because I think we can discuss the good and the bad maturely. Without resorting to, "oh just be positive!!" Or "stop enjoying the game!!" Both sides of the same coin.

Well the other podcast is not different :LMAO: but for all different reasons.

I was going to say "that's a fair point" - then I remembered that @PRO_TOO was interviewed (and he is positivity itself in human form), plus @janguv who's a big fan of the game online.

Also - I did make a thread and ask who'd like to be interviewed, and that's who I interviewed. The questions were open, not designed to be negative. There are a few guys now loving the game who it would be good to talk to, if there's ever another season. (But given how I feel about football gaming right now... Probably not...)

well, i get what you mean and partly agree. i know about the facts you just commented on... and i see other users somehow "turning" their views... getting all too positive (especially the well known youtubers).
wont stop me personally (for now) from listening to what they have to say. and some big parts of the above interview i just agree on. that doesnt mean i have no oposite oppinion on some topics. i really do. its not all gold but the message (the main topic) i do agree on.

in germany there is a saying and the older i get the more its appropriate ESPECIALLY these days: "if you dont have nothing good to say, better say nothing at all"!
that doesnt mean one is not alloud to name the flaws, the contrary: its super important! but when this stuff gets repeated over and over again (and its the same stuff, not new bad stuff!!!) then it gets so tiresome!!!
and i do understand that you are getting tired of the uber-positivity regarding PES (where the game is the holy grail of this gen), i agree its NOT!!! definitly not!!

there is so much truth between the lines written here (be them positiv or negativ)!! could be its the healthiest part of everything... whats between the lines.

sometimes i have the feeling some users see black and white hats here only! for me is such a colorfull community... even when i'm a positive person, i am annoyed by the most basic stuff PES does not get right! said that a couple of times... why would i repeat myself when you guys know that already!?

we are "talking in cirlces" kinda... :D

finally: when having a personal conversation... i bet a lot of misunderstanding would be elimited. but thats how it always is... a written word cant translate as perfect as a real conversion can, imo!

edit: because they wish they could sell me something doesnt mean i have to buy it or i cant pick some parts i agree on with them. MS and EAplay are trying to attract me as well... i'm not buying but still i can see some good parts to the whole scheme!

edit2: i should sit down and record a, german languaged, "view on things" audio-thingy myself... then @Tom will translate to you while both of you eating Mandelhörnchen! :D ...dont forget the milk though or its gonna be a "crumbly" translation! :LOL:

name: "PES crumbs - football passion in pieces" :SMOKIN:

I was going to say "that's a fair point" - then I remembered that @PRO_TOO was interviewed (and he is positivity itself in human form), plus @janguv who's a big fan of the game online.

Also - I did make a thread and ask who'd like to be interviewed, and that's who I interviewed. The questions were open, not designed to be negative. There are a few guys now loving the game who it would be good to talk to, if there's ever another season. (But given how I feel about football gaming right now... Probably not...)

Yeah sure, i mean its not a professional podcast its just a friendly podcast. Thats all to expect there, no touchy subjects.

You can answer your own question yourself. Are you seeing things that makes you want to buy it, in videos? Or does it mostly (:D) look like, well, the same 2020 you heavily despised?

If you deleted 2020 in not even two months, I think you probably already know ;)

The other podcast doesn't want to sell me option files. I think it's different enough :D

we will have a new season when summer 2021 arrives... ;)

news regarding 2022 will be out... some users might still be playing 2021 season update... lets plan ahead! lets do it! i'd be in for sure!

Back
Top Bottom