eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

One thing I've realised when returning back to Pes ,in this case Pes 20 is that difficulty is a very weird and delicate thing.

As an example ,Pes 20 (no clue on 21 but guess it's the same) is pretty biased tw the CPU ,scripting if you want ,and also ,I don't think I've ever felt how shit you are when on low TS Vs any other Pes game so far.

I started off playing professional difficulty to get used to Pes again and I'm on PA0.
Thing is I never liked professional ,it feels like it's crippling you ,making the CPU a bit worse but so are you ,everything just feels off ,no individuality at all ,no players sticking out as they should if good.

So I switched up to TP quite quickly ,but being on TP with a TS of 55-60 is even tougher than playing Superstar on a high TS.
It's brutally hard (and chesty)

So my take is to either play that brutal TP with low TS or play a lower difficulty.
I tried regular difficulty and PA0 (still with a very low TS) and that difficulty plays so good ,Pes 20 feels like a different game ,cheating and never winning 50/50 balls is gone.
And until my TS is high enough I think I'll stick to it ,then move up to TP again.
Feels like the odds are a bit more even when doing it on a low TS.

CPU still makes a challenge up front on that difficulty ,but it doesn't feel stiff and lifeless plus your own players doesn't feel and act like idiot's.
Really having fun with this game ,who knew.
To me it's like playing FIFA FUMA on professional difficulty (for reference)

Is the game patched to the latest version and datapack (I guess it is otherwise you wouldn't have licensed Serie B teams on Xbox)?
I re-installed PES 2020 and luckily enough I backed the very first Steam version up so I could revert to it after installing the latest version from Steam... And well, in my opinion it plays a little more like the demo (which I liked pretty much) than the latest one.
I managed to "adapt" the ICMP patch to that version (extracting the Serie B and the uprated kits/boots/faces/whatever from the datapacks and then loading them via Sider) and I think it's a very good game.
As it often happens, I ditched it too quickly when the new installment came out (even if I believe that PES 2021 is more refined than 2020, still).

Is the game patched to the latest version and datapack (I guess it is otherwise you wouldn't have licensed Serie B teams on Xbox)?
I re-installed PES 2020 and luckily enough I backed the very first Steam version up so I could revert to it after installing the latest version from Steam... And well, in my opinion it plays a little more like the demo (which I liked pretty much) than the latest one.
I managed to "adapt" the ICMP patch to that version (extracting the Serie B and the uprated kits/boots/faces/whatever from the datapacks and then loading them via Sider) and I think it's a very good game.
As it often happens, I ditched it too quickly when the new installment came out (even if I believe that PES 2021 is more refined than 2020, still).
It's fully patched.
For me atm ,it plays brilliantly , especially with a low difficulty and PA0 plus 60-70 ovr players/teams.
Very good pace and a really good ai.
Since we're both on Xbox (though you play pc too) Pes 21 is out of the question for me ,refuse to play as a fake Milan at a fake San Siro :)

It's been a very long time since I enjoyed Pes as much as I'm doing right now with this game.
Pace/player responsiveness (which I found hard before) feels right to me.
The fact that you have to plan what to do before you get the pass/cross sits right with me.
I really liked playing FIFA 19-20 (even though I really thought the games weren't that good) and didn't play Pes that much on 19 and 20 when released.

But starting to get that Pes 17 fun feeling again.

Y'all know what? Found an Xbox One copy for like 12 Euros. I thought I would grab it so I could finally play the "vanilla" version (a thing that never ever got released on Steam). Serie B isn't licensed there and neither it can be edited (shame on you, Microsoft) but I think it'll be worth anyway.
It should arrive in a couple of days, fingers crossed that I did the right thing.

Y'all know what? Found an Xbox One copy for like 12 Euros. I thought I would grab it so I could finally play the "vanilla" version (a thing that never ever got released on Steam). Serie B isn't licensed there and neither it can be edited (shame on you, Microsoft) but I think it'll be worth anyway.
It should arrive in a couple of days, fingers crossed that I did the right thing.
Do you have the non vanilla version installed on some other platform(pc)?
If so ,it would be cool to know how much difference there Is.

Do you have the non vanilla version installed on some other platform(pc)?
If so ,it would be cool to know how much difference there Is.
I have a fully updated one on PC so yes, I'm curious to see the comparison too.
It's going to be delivered tomorrow according to Amazon, so I think I'll test it a little during the weekend.

It's going to be delivered tomorrow according to Amazon, so I think I'll test it a little during the weekend.
Sweet ,let us know.
My first season with the fully updated played surprisingly good ,season two is a bit more of a struggle (CPU feels more aggressive)
Still enjoyable though

Curious to how this played mate as you never got back to us 😃

Sorry guys, indeed I didn't play it as much as I would've liked. It feels to me a little "heavier" than the fully updated PC version and referees are a little more on the "strict" side, but it's not as different as I was expecting/remembering.
Plus, being on Xbox One, it can't be patched in any way (and this means fake Serie B, unfortunately).
I think that the best option is still v 1.01 on PC, which is similar and can be patched to add what's missing.

How is this compared to 2021? I’m on xbox so i have for options:
- 2020 vanille
- 2020 patched to latest version
- 2021 vanille
- 2021 patched to latest version.

so which is the best? Thx :)

How is this compared to 2021? I’m on xbox so i have for options:
- 2020 vanille
- 2020 patched to latest version
- 2021 vanille
- 2021 patched to latest version.

so which is the best? Thx :)
It's hard to tell which one is the "best" cause people have different opinions.

Some say pes 20 vanilla has the same gameplay like pes 20 demo, i think many people like it here.

If im not wrong 2020 last patch (dlc 8.0) is same version with pes 2021 vanilla.

Pes 2021 last patch is enjoyable, it's far from perfect, But id go with this one.

thx! I have pes 2021 so can start directly. I search for pes 2020 for a couple of euros, like to try the vanille. Demo was very good!

For those intrigued by this game on console - the vanilla 1.00.00 gameplay installed offline via a physical game disc plays spectacularly well and is as close to the eFootball 2020 Demo gameplay you can get (Note I also have the Demo on console, so was able to compare directly).

1.00.00 also plays significantly better (physicality, player feel, movement, shooting/passing) than the trash DP8 updated gameplay Konami left us with. The only downsides in doing this are Serie B is unlicensed on 1.00.00 as the licencing update came later, and none of the DP face updates/database updates will be available to you.

Its also worth noting that the PC Steam game does not have a 1.00.00 version (it released later with an base update that messed with the gameplay), so it’s one of the rare times where, lack of mods aside, you’ll get a superior gameplay experience on console compared to PC.

For those intrigued by this game on console - the vanilla 1.00.00 gameplay installed offline via a physical game disc plays spectacularly well and is as close to the eFootball 2020 Demo gameplay you can get (Note I also have the Demo on console, so was able to compare directly).

1.00.00 also plays significantly better (physicality, player feel, movement, shooting/passing) than the trash DP8 updated gameplay Konami left us with. The only downsides in doing this are Serie B is unlicensed on 1.00.00 as the licencing update came later, and none of the DP face updates/database updates will be available to you.

Its also worth noting that the PC Steam game does not have a 1.00.00 version (it released later with an base update that messed with the gameplay), so it’s one of the rare times where, lack of mods aside, you’ll get a superior gameplay experience on console compared to PC.

I've always been curious, can't remember if I already asked but I don't think I've ever received a straight forward answer.. does CPU dribble way more as it did in the demo in 1.00.00?

This is 100% right. I have been testing it for days/years too and the best version (before demo) is the vanilla 1.00.00. on consoles and you can get it via CD.

PC players can have "something similar". We can use the old demo version on Steam, it's not available anymore, but if you have backup you can still play it, or you can download the steam depot of the demo.
Also the best version for PC for me was to use older 1.03.0.0 Steam build along with "PES2020 -10AM - demo gameplay V4.exe" via Sider (even if there are claims that the sider doesn't load .exe files correctly). This combination that I have been using for years is extremely close to vanilla and amazingly beautiful as well, to me this is the perfect version for PC, since I was hunting for demo or vanilla 1.0.0.0 feel for so long.

I have a question here.

First of all, the Demo, for those who played it, at least on PS4, is still on library, so you can install it and play, if you want to have a taste.

I have it too, my only question is, how does it interact with the EDIT0000. bin of the full PES 2020? Cause as i remember, they gave also an early build edit mode in thr DEMO, in order Option Files to be ready on day one release.

My fear is, i don't want to start the DEMO and mess with my PES 2020 option file, as I've put a lot of effort on it since back at that days.

I've always been curious, can't remember if I already asked but I don't think I've ever received a straight forward answer.. does CPU dribble way more as it did in the demo in 1.00.00?
The amount of CPU dribbling is about the same as the demo, just there is a slight difference to the heaviness/feel of the players, so it feels/looks a touch different in game, but not necessarily worse. Would also depend on difficulty level you play, as the demo only had a small selection of difficulty levels to choose from.

I have a question here.

First of all, the Demo, for those who played it, at least on PS4, is still on library, so you can install it and play, if you want to have a taste.

I have it too, my only question is, how does it interact with the EDIT0000. bin of the full PES 2020? Cause as i remember, they gave also an early build edit mode in thr DEMO, in order Option Files to be ready on day one release.

My fear is, i don't want to start the DEMO and mess with my PES 2020 option file, as I've put a lot of effort on it since back at that days.
Not 100 per cent on PS4, but at least on Xbox, the Demo and full game are completely distinct, with no file crossover at all (e.g. I had both the Demo and a heavily manually edited DP8 full game that I played for quite some time before I discovered the joys of the vanilla 1.00.00 game).

However, by going back to vanilla 1.00.00, if you did have a heavily edited DP8 edit file, you will lose that as it will be incompatible with 1.00.00 and be overridden by the game on first run.

Disregard - just confirmed myself that there's no way to access the 2020 demo on PC/Steam if you haven't previously added it to your Steam account when it was still listed on the Steam store - the 2020 demo depot is blocked from being downloaded by script (e.g. DepotDownloader) if its not on your account.

Last edited:
While I purchased both 2020 and 2021 digitally at release, I've decided to get a cheap disc copy (€ 11,50) for PES 2020 for PS4 to try out the vanilla version for myself. I do have a few questions though.

1. If I'm correct the disc version will be recognized by my PS4 as a seperate game from the digital version I have in my library. Is it possible to have both versions installed on my PS4 at once? Just to be able to see what differences there are between the two versions.

2. I know I have to keep the game from updating to the last version to be able to play v1.00.00. However, if I do install the update eventually, as long as I have the disc version I am able to revert back to v1.00.00 right?

3. This may be a strange one: but If I do update the game, I should get all the new faces that were released for PES 2020. Do I still get the new faces and updated player stats that came with it if I download the patches, but choose not to update the rosters for the club teams when I start up the game? Reason I ask this is because there are some teams from the 2018-'19 season that I like to play with in PES 2019, and like to try out in PES 2020.

Last edited:
While I purchased both 2020 and 2021 digitally at release, I've decided to get a cheacp disc copy (€ 11,50) for PES 2020 for PS4 to try out the vanilla version for myself. I do have a few questions though.

1. If I'm correct the disc version will be recognized by my PS4 as a seperate game from the digital version I have in my library. Is it possible to have both versions installed on my PS4 at once? Just to be able to see what differences there are between the two versions.

2. I know I have to keep the game from updating to the last version to be able to play v1.00.00. However, if I do install the update eventually, as long as I have the disc version I am able to revert back to v1.00.00 right?

3. This may be a strange one: but If I do update the game, I should get all the new faces that were released for PES 2020. Do I still get the new faces and updated player stats that came with it if I download the patches, but choose not to update the rosters for the club teams when I start up the game? Reason I ask this is because there are some teams from the 2018-'19 season that I like to play with in PES 2019, and like to try out in PES 2020.

You can't to have installed digital and disc version of the same game at the same time: ony one is allowed.
PES 2020 and PES 2021 are different games with different CUSA and this games can be installed at the same time.
For using PES 2020 or PES 2021 version 1.0 you need only install disc edition of game and do not allow it to update automatically (may be temporarily off the internet from console).
Digital game usually downloading as a latest available version.

You can't to have installed digital and disc version of the same game at the same time: ony one is allowed.
PES 2020 and PES 2021 are different games with different CUSA and this games can be installed at the same time.
For using PES 2020 or PES 2021 version 1.0 you need only install disc edition of game and do not allow it to update automatically (may be temporarily off the internet from console).
Digital game usually downloading as a latest available version.
Well technically, on PS4 at least, not sure for PC, you can have the same game 2 times, but only if they are different region-versions, IE the Japanese copy of WE/PES and the PES American version.

But if they're the same regional-version, IE EU/UK/English digital+physical, then it still counts as one game unfortunately, as @Sany023 said.

Been there done that, when i initially had the PES 2021 disc version English-European and when i purchased the same region digital version, i couldn't use them both as separate games.

IirC the PS firmware asked me to uninstall the previous version-disc and then install the digital one.

OK it's clear I can't install them both at the same time. Not really a problem to me because I haven't got PES 2020 installed currently.

How about using the original rosters but with an updated game?

This is 100% right. I have been testing it for days/years too and the best version (before demo) is the vanilla 1.00.00. on consoles and you can get it via CD.

PC players can have "something similar". We can use the old demo version on Steam, it's not available anymore, but if you have backup you can still play it, or you can download the steam depot of the demo.
Also the best version for PC for me was to use older 1.03.0.0 Steam build along with "PES2020 -10AM - demo gameplay V4.exe" via Sider (even if there are claims that the sider doesn't load .exe files correctly). This combination that I have been using for years is extremely close to vanilla and amazingly beautiful as well, to me this is the perfect version for PC, since I was hunting for demo or vanilla 1.0.0.0 feel for so long.

Any chance to send in your version of "PES 2020 vanilla"? It's impossible to download the demo through Steam Depot. I want to experience a 1v1 match via Parsec. The demo gameplay looked a lot fun!

Just revisited PES 2020 yesterday and it's everything 2021 should have been in terms of taking the good parts of 18 and 19. Response is great, you don't get constant fouls called for slight contact and the graphics aren't washed out with the piches and kits.

Back
Top Bottom