Friday, 8 June (Wrocław)

Russia 4-1 Czech Rep.

Tuesday, 12 June (Wrocław)

Greece 1-2 Czech Rep.

Saturday, 16 June (Wrocław)

Czech Rep. 1-0 Poland

;)

Last edited:
Re: Czech Rep. Thread - Vy fandíte, my vítězíme!

Very bad start for Team Czech Republic, 4 goals in the first match is a very big blow to the team. But Russia was better today and there's nothing to be done with this.

))))))))))
:LOL: Ha-ha to a point. Nevertheless, the Czechs could still recoup on the Poles and Greeks. I remember, we also on a Euro-2008 large lost in the first leg to Spanish, then what happened in next matches, I think many people remember. ;)

Last edited:

Our defenders are really horible... That was the main reason why we lost. Also playing just on one striker isn't cool anymore. Baros was there alone and he wasn't supported from midfielders how he needs to be. LB/RB were trying to support attack but sometimes too much and thoughtlessly because then there was too much space for you on sides.
I think that 4:1 is too much. 2:1 or even 3:1 would be enough and fair I think. But yeah you were better and you deserved it - no doubt about that;).

I don't know about that man... If they took more of their chances, it could have turned into a huge embarrassment for the Czechs. Kerzhakov alone wasted 2 or 3 opportunities.

The problem with Czech Republic was not so much the back four. The problem was midfield. What happened with your defensive midfielders? There was no protection for the defenders, no converage, nothing... Those guys took a day off. Every counter-attack by Russia was a real danger because the midfielders were not doing their defensive work.

I still think Cezch Republic can advance if they get their act together. The other teams in the group are too limited.

No man you got me wrong! Ofc it could have been more if etc. Kerzhakov would score. But I meant if we would play like usually and we didn't make so much mistakes. Also I don't think that our team is that bad to get 4:1 from them. That's why I wrote that;). Simply our players had really bad day.
Yeah you are right that DMF wasn't good. But Plasil isn't DMF so I don't know why he is playing there in NT. That's why Hubschman(DMF) substitutied Rezek after first half. Our coach probably thought that Rosicky and Plasil will get more free space and that they won't have to defend that much. But it didn't work.
IMO worst players were Kadlec and Hubnik. But you are right that also midfielders didn't help them much. I would say that whole deffensive phase was just terrible.

Hmm, on the one hand, I must congratulate you on winning, but on the other hand, I was very disappointed in the actions of Czech players, I watching two different games, in the first of which Czech Rep. team is completely dominated in the field, but in second it was already dark shadow itself, the second half was just awful. In short, the Czech team looked much better of losing to Russian team than winning over Greece, and if it is to play so with the Poles, then you have no chance. But I hope Bilek will retrieve from this match lessons and be able to properly configure your team on the last match, which will be most responsible for you. :ROLL:

Yeah a good win but not a great performance. Unfortunately today, The Greeks and The Czechs both showed that they are probably two of the weakest teams in the competition.

Half time decision of Bilek to take out Rosicky changed the 2nd half as suddenly they were on back foot and didn't have as much of the ball.

Jiracek is a good player and very intelligent and technical.

Yeah a good win but not a great performance. Unfortunately today, The Greeks and The Czechs both showed that they are probably two of the weakest teams in the competition.

Half time decision of Bilek to take out Rosicky changed the 2nd half as suddenly they were on back foot and didn't have as much of the ball.

Jiracek is a good player and very intelligent and technical.
No, I do not think that the two weakest teams in the tournament, it is too early to judge, but this match has already hinted at it.

As for replacing Rosicky, in this match, I thought the whole thing is absolutely whole Czech gameplan was built on it, because after he out, the Czech midfield disappeared from sight completely, leaving forwards without support. :COAT:

First half was really good from our team. Great performance IMO. Second half was horrible. Just defending. They weren't trying to attack at all. Without Rosicky it seems like we don't know what to do.
So I don't agree that we and Greece are the worst teams on EURO. I think we showed our power in first half. We just have to play like that for whole 90 minute. They probably thought that 2:0 is enough and that they don't have to attack anymore. We have this problem for long time.

First half was really good from our team. Great performance IMO. Second half was horrible. Just defending. They weren't trying to attack at all. Without Rosicky it seems like we don't know what to do.
So I don't agree that we and Greece are the worst teams on EURO. I think we showed our power in first half. We just have to play like that for whole 90 minute. They probably thought that 2:0 is enough and that they don't have to attack anymore. We have this problem for long time.
This is a problem for you only when you're win, in a match against us, as it seemed me, you are pretty good attack up to 90 minutes. ;)

Yeah that's what I meant. When we are two or more goals ahead it seems like we are satisfied enough, we are just controlling the lead and we aren't playing attractively. That is really sad. Another thing is that when we are playing without Rosicky it is like we've lost 50% of our power.
Now I just hope you won't lose against Greece and we won't lose against Poland:).

Yeah that's what I meant. When we are two or more goals ahead it seems like we are satisfied enough, we are just controlling the lead and we aren't playing attractively. That is really sad. Another thing is that when we are playing without Rosicky it is like we've lost 50% of our power.
Now I just hope you won't lose against Greece and we won't lose against Poland:).
Now I hope to see, along with Russia, in quatrefinals will move the Czech Rep., not Poland. Good luck in next match! ;)

Last edited:

I see what you are planning guys! :P
Greece and Poland will qualify just to break your plans, just kidding. :D

Actually we'll see on Saturday, i hope there will be nice matches :)

I see what you are planning guys! :P
Greece and Poland will qualify just to break your plans, just kidding. :D

Actually we'll see on Saturday, i hope there will be nice matches :)
Do not worry, mate, matches will be very spectacular and persistent, as in EVERY match will be decided by a trip to the quarterfinals. :D

and this is the team that I thought is the weakest side of the tournament alongside with Ireland. Russia and Poland that I thought would surely advance from this group are now out, Czech takes the top spot. I'm a fuckin jinx.

that Kadlec save in the last minute was breathtaking. congrats Czechs. :APPLAUD:

My Congratulations, it's just an amazing result: such a sad beginning and such delightful finish, Bravo! I wish you good luck in the quarterfinals! Even if you can not go on, but I am completely confident that many will remember you as a very resistant team (although the match with the Greeks you was a bit weak :P).

Top of the group! Wow, this is a huge plus considering the way the tournament started for you guys. Impressive!

Quarterfinal match:

CZE.png
Czech Rep. 0-1 Portugal
POR.png

Thursday 21 June 2012 - 18:45 (UTC)
Warsaw, Poland

Stadium: National Stadium

800px-Stadion_Narodowy_-_trybuny.jpg

Good luck Czech! Hope to see you in Semifinals.

Last edited:

Shame on you! Being compact and staying deep is fine, but not daring to send up more than one-two players on counters is just pathetic. A deserved loss and shoo, out with you!!!

You lost because you didn't even try, it's pathetic...

škoda, fandil jsem vám bratři ;)

to bad for Czechs, but they simply don´t have Ronaldo and Portugal does..

Cech was phenomenal.

to bad for Czechs, but they simply don´t have Ronaldo and Portugal does..

- Portugal isn't good when pressured, the Czechs didn't try.
- On paper, Portugal were slight favorites. Squad strengths are fairly equal

Cech was phenomenal.

Yes he was, as expected.

I was hoping for Czech before the match, after 45 minutes I no longer cared. After 65-70 minutes I hoped for goal glut by Portugal.

Very disappointing Czech performance.

Not many expected them to go through but Portugal were never under threat. Did Patricio even have to make a save?

The game was never supposed to be this one sided! Abysmal 2nd half performance. Baros barely had a touch.

Well, Goodbye Czech Rep. It was a good tournament for you (starting with the second round of group stage), but Portugal was an impassable barrier, sorry, but all natural. :BYE:

Czech nomination for friendly match against Hungary

Goalkeepers
Name, Club, Date of birth, Matches for NT, Goals scored
Jaroslav Drobný Hamburger 18. 10. 1979 6 0
Tomáš Vaclík Sparta 29. 3. 1989 1 0

Defenders
Theodor Gebre Selassie Werder Bremen 24. 12. 1986 23 1
Michal Kadlec Fenerbahce 13. 12. 1984 47 8
David Limberský Viktoria Plzen 6. 10. 1983 20 0
Václav Procházka Viktoria Plzen 8. 5. 1984 0 0
Tomáš Sivok Besiktas Istanbul 15. 9. 1983 40 3
Marek Suchý Spartak Moscow 29. 3. 1988 11 0

Midfielders
Vladimír Darida Viktoria Plzen 8. 8. 1990 13 0
Tomáš Hübschman Shakhtar Donetsk 4. 9. 1981 54 0
Josef Hušbauer Sparta 16. 3. 1990 2 0
Petr Jiráček Hamburger 2. 3. 1986 21 3
Ondřej Vaněk FK Jablonec 5. 7. 1990 0 0
Jaroslav Plašil Bordeaux 5. 1. 1982 84 6

Forwards
Václav Kadlec Sparta 20.5.1992 3 1
Libor Kozák Lazio Řoma 30. 5. 1989 3 0
Michael Rabušic Slovan Liberec 17. 9. 1989 0 0
Matěj Vydra Udinese 1. 5. 1992 7 2

Interesting nomination of Michal Bílek without three important players (Čech, Rosický, Lafata), nice to see two newbies over here (Rabušic, Vaněk), but I don´t get why there is no typical winger :FAIL:. We often play 4-2-3-1, and we have only three players in the nomination that are able to play as wingers: Jiráček (box-to-box CM, but he can play almost everywhere :D), V. Kadlec (SS, but it´s true that he plays as winger in Sparta...but it isn´t his primary position) and Vydra (CF or SS, as winger he isn´t good so much...). So maybe 4-3-1-2?

---------------------------Vaclík---------------------------
Gebre-----Sivok-----M.Kadlec (Suchý)----Limberský (M.Kadlec)
------Darida (Hušbauer)-----Hübschman------Plašil-----------
-------------------------Jiráček----------------------------
---------Kozák (V. Kadlec, Rabušic)-----------Vydra---------

At AMF there could be also Plašil and Darida. But I don´t think that it will be real, but with Rosický instead of Jiráček it can be real.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom