Curly shots?

sattan_hussein

Championship
6 December 2004
Ryo de Janeiro
Arsenal
I play on pc, but since many people have been playing the bet for weeks I chose to post here.

I spent the last hour playing the demo on amateur and trying to master the shooting system, as the ball sometimes seems too floaty or going the wrong direction. But I found out an even bigger annoyance: the lack of ball curl.

I replayed every shot I had to check that out. It is not a complete absence of curl, the problem is that the ball only spins backwards, never to the sides, and this just makes R2 shots totally unrealistic.

Anyone else noticed this problem? :II

No problems here. I've seen curled shots, dipped shots and even shots that are sliced closer to the corner flag!

Playing the PS3 demo btw.

LOL he is absolutely right!!!

I tried it myself! It is impossible to get anything else than backspin. I tried different angles, with R2, without R2 with R1 and L1, try moving the stick around or push the left stick after shooting.... nothing! Try it yourself! I was at the right corner of the penalty area and tried to curl the ball into the long corner. nothing!

somebody said this, but I don't get it...can you make a tutorial if this works?

Push over the ball with your thumbstick to hit low and pull back on your thumbstick to elevate,you can also add top,back and side spin to the ball with the left thumbstick and put backspin on the ball when you hit long balls so the ball stops dead and doesnt overrun,this also applies to short passing,through passing and heading.

Last edited:
LOL he is absolutely right!!!

I tried it myself! It is impossible to get anything else than backspin. I tried different angles, with R2, without R2 with R1 and L1, try moving the stick around or push the left stick after shooting.... nothing! Try it yourself! I was at the right corner of the penalty area and tried to curl the ball into the long corner. nothing!

somebody said this, but I don't get it...can you make a tutorial if this works?

Just make your body angle relevant to the type of bend your looking for, and make sure the player your attempting it with has a high degree of swerve. Alot of these bent shots are position specific and stat specific, it's always been that way.

Curly shots? Do you mean curly shits? My dog can do them. They look like walnut whips.

If they are constantly like this you need to change the diet, dog poops should be firm and mid to dark brown, something's upsetting its tummy.

give me a video proof where you shot with spin around the goalkeeper.[b/] It is impossible!

Of course it's possible, your just being silly. I'll post a video when I get home. Not only does it have serious bend on it, it hits the deck still spinning and bounces off at a relevant angle. I actually recorded this video because it pissed me off. The animation of the technique of the strike, doesnt fit it's outcome. It's very rare that Konami get this wrong, but they did with this goal. Hence the reason I saved it. It's just technically all wrong. :(

Last edited:
pes2011e.jpg

Nobody will believe me, but my 8 year old son scored a fantastic "curl goal" with Messi in his first march with the demo (on professional).
When i asked him how he did it, he siad he didn't know...but is possible.
It was a great goal, i play the game since PES1 and i never scored a goal like that...

Kids...

This one seems nice although the camera angle let you think it has spin but it actually flew nearly straight...

I tried it about 1000times with the lowest difficulty and it never gets nearly like this.

maybe it is different in the PC version :O

Ball curls fine on the PC version. I don't know about manually applying curl on the manual passes (as I don't try to) but I performed many curling shot holding R2 after pressing shoot. My first goal was a curler with Iniesta.

After creating this thread I scored one exactly like that with Gyan, without even holding R2.

Still a mystery to me.

It's been a long time since I was this active on here (two posts a month !).
I've not really seen instep curling shots without using R2, but a couple of outside foot curls when volleying.

is it done automatic by the player depending on his attribute?

strong and hard = normal shot
more accurate = R2 shot
spin shot = automatic, not manual in pes 2011

Here is the video, curl/bend/swerve is all natural, it's the players body position, technique, and swerve stat that determines it. This one is technically all wrong, I dont like it. He doesnt slice the with the outside of his left boot, which is whats required to determine this type of swerve. His toes should be pointing right after the slice, they dont. It's technically very wrong. PES doesnt usually mess up like this, but it did this time.

The second goal I saved just because I loved the run the centreback made after I initiated the one/two. He runs into the box like his life depended on it, and there wasnt anything stopping him. Very typical of a defender focused on getting to the ball. He only has one thing on his mind.

YouTube - Mmmmmnnnnnnn

Here is the video, curl/bend/swerve is all natural, it's the players body position, technique, and swerve stat that determines it. This one is technically all wrong, I dont like it. He doesnt slice the with the outside of his left boot, which is whats required to determine this type of swerve. His toes should be pointing right after the slice, they dont. It's technically very wrong. PES doesnt usually mess up like this, but it did this time.

The second goal I saved just because I loved the run the centreback made after I initiated the one/two. He runs into the box like his life depended on it, and there wasnt anything stopping him. Very typical of a defender focused on getting to the ball. He only has one thing on his mind.

YouTube - Mmmmmnnnnnnn

that was just a normal goal ^^ I shot plenty of them ^^
Not what I am looking for...

This is what I am looking for, but in pes and manual shot by the player not automatic:
YouTube - Luis Suarez Goal - Uruguay VS South-Korea 2-1 - World Cup 2010

You need to open up your players body, come square with the box, make sure it's on his right foot, and press R2 and shoot. Thats the only way to do that Suarez shot.

I tried it 20 times now with players that have above 90 on curve/ effet. Nothing!

oh and I tried older PES titles as well. And guess what! it isn't possible in PES2010! But I remember that it was possible in PES6.

Last edited:
Just scored a pretty nice curling shot with Villa from about 25 yards :).

I'll try and put a video together of a few angles of it, but it's difficult to control the replay and use a camera to record the screen :P.

Just scored a pretty nice curling shot with Villa from about 25 yards :).

I'll try and put a video together of a few angles of it, but it's difficult to control the replay and use a camera to record the screen :P.

Welcome to my world Robert. :)

Hold your pad in your left hand with your thumb over Circle. Then with your right hand, hold your phone,and with arms outstretched push it against your left for balance, so the pad and phone are side by side. :)

Back
Top Bottom