Copa Libertadores and Sudamericana 2021

millossobek

The 3-Stars Cup
19 December 2020
South America
Millonarios FC
copa.jpgsuda.jpg

Hi bros!

Well I don't know how many of you follow South American club football, but we are in an interesting period.. Both Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana quarterfinals are coming up soon (next week)!

For those of you who aren't probably too familiar, the Libertadores is the equivalent of the Champions League, and the Sudamericana is the equivalent of the Europa League, in terms of format, prestige, importance, etc..

8 teams remain in each competition, with a strong Brazilian presence in both cups (5 of the 8 Libertadores teams are Brazilian, and 3 of 8 in Sudamericana!)

I for one, am really excited about these competitions, these are more exciting than Champions League for many of us South Americans!

Comments are welcome! :TU: 🏆

Last edited:
I have quite high interest of South American football, particularly Brazilian league and Argentinian league (more so Brazilian top flights) but the bucks stop here.

My interest is not that significant that I follow them religiously and I think I only have interest in the bigger teams.

If I am going to tie this back to our ML in PES, I really want to start a new campaign for Brazil but knowing to get European players into my team is just impossible [ because they never do hey, those South American teams (either) can't afford the European players or the European players don't want to play in South America.]

For those of you who aren't probably too familiar, the Libertadores is the equivalent of the Champions League, and the Sudamericana is the equivalent of the Europa League, in terms of format, prestige, importance, etc..
Thank you for explaining; I didn't really know this until your explanation today hahaha

And the gol gol gol gol gol gol GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL GOLAZO !!!

Last edited:
Hi bro! Nice to hear you have an interest in South American fĂştbol! I have seen you have posted quite a bit about it in the forum :TU:

Yes bro, indeed it is very rare to see European players signing in S.A. leagues. Once in a blue moon it'll happen (like De Rossi with Boca a few years back), but it is the exception rather than the rule.

Personally, I like the fact that most of the hires are from the continent.. It gives the leagues quite a local flavor! In addition, I really enjoy playing ML with local rules.. For example, not too long ago I played a season with Deportivo Municipal (a small Peruvian team), and I followed the Peruvian league rule of no more than 5 foreign players per team. I even imported a Japanese goalkeeper (being that historically, there have been a few Japanese players in the Peruvian League). It is very fun to follow the actual league format. :)

Last edited:
LIBERTADORES.jpgSUDAMERICANA.jpg

Well, The Semifinals are all set for both COPA LIBERTADORES and COPA SUDAMERICANA!

LIBERTADORES:

FLAMENGO VS BARCELONA

Flamengo does not need any introduction for any fans of South American Football. The Brazilian giants are THE largest fanbase in South America, and one of the largest in the world. One of the biggest winners of the Brasileirao, defending back to back champions of the local tournament and with Gabriel Barbosa aka Gabigol, Pedro, Kenedy and other great players, they are the favorites to win it all, at least in my eyes.

Barcelona of Ecuador are the champions of their local league, and the only non Brazilian team remaining in the tournament. They are a historic team in Ecuador, one of their winningest teams locally, (even if internationally, LDU Quito has a more storied international history), and will be looking to pull off the historic upset. I think however, that Flamengo will be too much to handle.

Prediction: FLAMENGO

MINEIRO VS PALMEIRAS

This is a fascinating matchup of two Brazilian giants. Mineiro has reinforced themselves with tons of talented transfers. They will have a brand-new Diego Costa in tandem with Hulk to form a fearsome double striker combo, and with Edu Vargas, Nacho Fernandez and Matias Zaracho, they are incredibly talented. They were very impressive dispatching the mighty River Plate in the quarterfinals, dominating the Argentinean side.

Palmeiras, the defending Libertadores champion, was also very impressive in beating Sao Paulo in the quarterfinals. Led by Portuguese DT Abel Ferreira, Palmeiras will be looking to make it two in a row. I believe if they are able to pull it off, Ferreira will replace Marcelo Gallardo as the most successful current manager of a South American side. They are a difficult team to figure out, since they can be very defensive, or very offensive. Very interesting matchup.

Prediction: MINEIRO

SUDAMERICANA:

PEĂ‘AROL VS PARANAENSE

The Uruguayan Gold and Black, mighty Peñarol will be looking to win its first Sudamericana, and the first one for a Uruguayan team. They haven't been as sharp in the local league lately, but after beating historical rivals Nacional and Peruvian Sporting Cristal, they are looking dangerous. A young, dynamic team who play with the "Garra Charrua" (The Claw), which is so distinctive of their history.

Brazilian Paranaense came back in dominating fashion against LDU after trailing in the away game, they scored 4 goals to ensure qualification. They seem to me like a well balanced team, without very glaring strengths or weaknesses, but perhaps more talented overall than their Uruguayan counterparts. I predict they will edge Peñarol in a very tight fashion, perhaps on away goals.

Prediction: PARANAENSE

RED BULL BRAGANTINO VS LIBERTAD

Red Bull Bragantino started out as the "mystery team" in this Sudamericana. But as part of the RB conglomerate, they have proven their talent by dispatching contenders Rosario Central. I must admit I am not a fan of this team, not because I have anything against Bragantino, but because I am no fan of these type of conglomerates like RB, or City Football group. I think we should watch out for these kind of franchises in football, unfortunately.

Libertad is the third most winning team in Paraguay, after "The King of Cups" Olimpia and Cerro Porteño. I admit I don't know much about them, but if there's something to be said about Paraguayan teams, is that they never give up, play with tons of heart, and do not rely on talent but more on grit. I think this is going to be an interesting series, and even if RB is more talented, I think (and hope) Libertad's intensity will pull them through.

Prediction: LIBERTAD.

So here is my update, friends! So you can follow our most important South American cups! :BSCARF: 🏆 Will be posting more as the tournaments move on to the finals!!

Last edited:
Interesting write up @millossobek :)) Nice to find out a little more about South American teams. It tends to be Brazilian or Argentinian that are better known here (if any at all for some) the likes of Flamengo and of course Boca, River Plate etc.

I didn't know Diego Costa had gone to play in Brazil. I wonder how many games it will take him to get sent off? :LOL: Good player though and I'm sure he'll do well for them.

We have had a few South Americans play forus. We once had Andres D'Alessandro play for us on loan for a little while and he quickly became a crowd favourite. We also had Dario Silva from Uruguay too. Then we also had the, I imagine, now disgraced, John Viafara as well who it appears got mixed up with the cartels in Colombia after his playing career.

Looks like your Millonarios are having a good season and have started the Clausura well. Did they qualify for either of these tournaments for this season and if so how did they get on? Where do you need to finish to qualify being that your league is split into two sections - how does qualifying work out based on that, is it on an over all position on both parts of the season or what?

Oh and I've always wondered in recent years why are there so many teams in the Argentinian first division? :LOL: I see it is down to 26 now, wasn't it something like 28 or more at one point!

Hi bro @mattmid! Nice to see your response, and that you are interested in South American futbol!

Ok, so you mentioned Andres D'Alessandro (who amazingly is still going!), Dario Silva and John Viafara.. I'm trying to research what team you support. hahahaha.... You support.. Portsmouth? :LOL: Shame what happened to Viafara, even though he never admitted involvement with the cartels, that phenomenon was still unfortunately not that rare in that generation of players.. But, I remember him most fondly for winning Libertadores with very humble Colombian team Once Caldas, who beat mighty Boca (who had won back to back) in the finals of the 2004 Libertadores! This was a match that all of Colombia celebrated!! Check out the PK's, the real hero was "The Monster" Juan Carlos Henao, the Once Caldas goalkeeper.. nobody saw this coming!!

Once Caldas is a funny team in the sense that nobody dislikes them.. Haha. I don't know if England has the same phenomenon, but Once Caldas is a team with no rivals here in Colombia, it's like everyone's second favorite team looool (aside from their supporters of course, haha)..This is quite rare in our futbol, which has so many fierce rivalries!

Anyway, back to your questions.. My Millos yes, they are doing well in the Clausura. In Apertura too, we reached the finals and lost in very annoying fashion to Deportes Tolima, an up and coming team with an expanding fanbase. The Colombian tournament is quite unique, let me see if I can summarize it for you.

There are two tournaments (and therefore, two champions) per year. The winner of each tournament was determined by an 8 team playoff at the end of the semester, each playing in home and away fixtures determined by matchups. This semester, the organizers decided to change things up a little, so now at the end of the "everyone vs everyone" phase, the top 8 teams will be matched up in two 4-team groups, with the winners of teach group progressing to the final.

If you want to learn more about my dear Millonarios, follow this other write up I made! :TU: :BSCARF:

https://evoweb.uk/threads/master-league-bal-written-stories.87788/#post-3738471

Now in terms of Libertadores qualifying, here's how it works. The two champions qualify automatically for the group phase. Two additional teams qualify as well, the winner of the Copa Colombia (an annual local cup which is essentially, our FA cup, even if local teams don't take it too seriously :LOL:), and also the winner of the accumulated yearly table (which does not determine any champions, but it does determine qualification to cups and relegation). These two teams qualify to a preliminary phase, to duke it out with other South American teams and hopefully progress to the group stage! So yes, 2 teams to the group stage, and 2 teams to the preliminary stage, which is the same proportion as all other South American leagues, except for Brazil and Argentina. Brazil has 5 teams that progress to the group stage (and 2 to the preliminary), and in Argentina's case, it is 5 and 1. This is based, of course, on the strength of their leagues.

In terms of Argentinean first division, I am not quite sure why they have so many teams, haha. Perhaps we could ask our friend @Adrian2780. I do know that they have changed systems quite a bit in the past few years, and their relegation system is based on average performance accross seasons.. I think essentially, they are trying to slowly reduce the number of teams to 20, eventually. One thing I will say about the Argentinean league though, is that,, it is one of the leagues I most enjoy watching because of the rivalries, history, atmosphere, fandom.. It's quite something!

Thanks for your interest bro! Of course I find these discussions so interesting, I always love to learn about lesser known/more obscure leagues, and also talk about my own region of the world! Let's keep it going, and if you have any questions, or comments, welcome! :BSCARF:

Last edited:
Hi mates! I recently discover this thread! Nice to see something about south american football!

Regarding argentinean first division nobody kwows why the hell we have so many teams...
First explanation: our football leadership class is inoperative and corrupt. Second explanation: a few years ago, to prevent medium teams with history in our football descend to the second division, it was decided to promote four teams from 2nd division and relegate only one or none from 1st division! (depending on the lathe or the year). In the middle of all this, a permanent change in leadership.
Argentine football has been greatly devalued by these decisions, along with the evident decrease in the quality of players: a lot is sold to european leagues, but young footballers aren´t sufficiently prepared to ensure quality football. Today, Brazilian league is two or three levels higher.

Sick of those Reb Bull teams. I was about to talk about them (not Bragantino but all) and how they "killed" a lots of league. Firstly Salzburg with Austria, now Leipzig, and i see Bragantino on Sudamericana. All those teams were in 4th or 5th divisions 5-6 years ago. What the hell they did for that? Money yes, but there must be something else in their super promotion to D1 then to Champion or fighting in the top 3 clubs. Looks on MLS at Inter Miami : they're last from their conference, with plenty of individuals very well choosen (example : Higuain brothers and Matuidi who used to play with Gonzalo etc.)

Well the only exception is NYRB, but MLS is a so weird league with tons of individualities on 70% of their clubs than it's pretty hard to understand how to win that league in a normal way (also i think they rapport less money than the 3 others RB teams i know :there's perhaps a 5th i don't know: so it's a bit logic they put less money on it)

It's like a divided PSG / Wanted to talk about about Messi transfers but whatever / Even if i liked a lot the club before, and their recruitements where always pretty outstanding : Okocha, Ronaldinho, Anelka etc.
Let's hope that some Ligue 1 clubs will rivalise in another way. I see Lyon doing some pretty good buy, but not PSG level.

Sick of those Reb Bull teams
Same here.. Not only the RB teams, which I think is the worst example, but also the Man City Football group, which already have stakes in two teams in the region, I think they own Montevideo City Torque, and also heavily invested in Club Bolivar from Bolivia. :( What in the world do we in South America have to do with Manchester City? Not good..

I hope that RB Bragantino are eliminated from Sudamericana. I'd hate to see a team with no history win the second most prestigious club tournament in our continent.

I really don't like the "franchising" of football teams. To me it comes back to a lack of identity. If fans don't watch out, pretty soon we'll have Burger King FC vs CF McDonalds, and all local flavor, history, and identity will be lost. It's pretty sad, actually.. Hopefully this trend will reverse, and more and more fans will start resisting this change.

As for PSG, I also liked them in the "Jay-Jay" era, not anymore sadly.
Argentine football has been greatly devalued by these decisions, along with the evident decrease in the quality of players: a lot is sold to european leagues, but young footballers aren´t sufficiently prepared to ensure quality football. Today, Brazilian league is two or three levels higher.
Yes bro.. I have noticed that for a few years, Brazilian clubs have really taken off, now as we can see 3 of the 4 semi finalists are Brazilian in the Libertadores, it is no longer Brazilian and Argentinean dominance.. it has shifted.. Maybe it's cyclical and Argentina will recover with their cup giants like Boca, River, Independiente, or Estudiantes.. Actually what I'd like to see is more parity between teams of all South American countries, but that's another story. :)

We don't know all connexions, but i was suprised to now that City group was linked to Bolivar (practically own the whole Boliva NT players who aren't in bigger clubs in fact). Torque i don't know since when, but as i know more or less well Uruguay as i really like the Uruguayan football style, so i know some teams, but now i follow more Colombian Liga (i don't say it because you're Millos fan ;) ): i already wanted to create them in older PES as it's was the best missing South American league not on PES. No time for it at the moment.

Off Thread on/
And thinked that they won't be on PES 2021 to replace PLA, as the league was complety abandonned... I spended a month and half on them. Corrected errors and doing transfers for nothing : i'm the main editor from PESuniverse on PES 2020 and 2021 especially on database, but they never release the very last version of PES 2020. Then the main guy did a same shit to me, so i left. Better to work alone.

Well, no joke, i'm currently redoing Liga Aguila, player by player checking errors of height, weight, some old stats errors (conversion from old PES) on PES 2021. In fact, my goal is to make a full list on excel with all real height and weight/but weight is changing and versatile so... Because there's way too much players with standard height or weight easyly foundable
... And i started with Liga Aguila, and i'm currently correcting Millonarios errors and redo some faces no joke :LOL:

I won't do it for all leagues, but i fell in love with Liga Aguila/Betplay/Dimayor by watching Highlights searching youths on Capsulas de Carreño. I recreated Atletico Huila instead of Cucuta (i didn't followed : what the hell happened to Cucuta? Bankrupt probably?)
So if you're interested or if you play PES 2021 or whatever game, i got all info and errors on an excel file (will be converted to a google sheet, for all teams, will take time...) or on exports, well i'm not done yet, 4 teams left. I've posted in that thread you'll see what teams i was working on :
1629865896350.png

Weight or height in red are Estimation based on comparison with others players. I became used to do it as i started on 2017 (well in PES 2018)
Sorry if you don't care, i wanted to share it as it's a lot of research work, even on a thread no one check lol. /Off thread off /

I'm from Belgium, and don't even check results and more interested by South America/North America (a bit less but MLS is "funny", MX are good but since they took Libertadores like it's not something interesting... They've already registred their 4th or 5th ranked teams in the past. If they prefers Concacaf CL... Well in don't understand / even if they annouced recently a comeback to Libertadores.
In fact, America is so big as it looks like two continent in terms of football. But not in terms of teams and league, There's less than in Europe or even Asia.

There's perhaps issues for moving from a country to another, schedule and calendar i don't know, but do they have, in the future, the project to make Concacaf/Commebol as one and only Confederation? Or something like a VS between the two. Like they did for AFC Champion's : qualification in West Asia and East Asia first, then groups are settle. Should be pretty great to level up the Copa America, Mexico, USA (more than ever), Costa Rica, Honduras are pretty thought for example, they're is not enough teams in South America in my opinion to make a great and recognized NT cup.

About Red Bull or City group, be carefull @millossobek if they won't buy Bogota FC or LLaneros lol, for example. But it seems untouched. And we learn those things after the deal.
I saw a bit more a Peru club as they're growing up in terms of quality year those years. I don't think they're good enough with "only" those teams...

Well back to Libertadores/Sudamerican, i'm all behind Penarol but i think Libertad (like them too, just that Paraguay teams deserves more attention in their own country) are on the paper the best team in my opinion.
And on Libertadores, i'm neither of fan of any teams in group. Palmeiras perhaps, but i recognise Brasileirao as a great league, i prefers way more Argentina since a long time, as they've got a lot of similarity with Italian football based on balance, mixed with a bit of fantasy joga bonito dribbling players.

Last edited:
Same here.. Not only the RB teams, which I think is the worst example, but also the Man City Football group, which already have stakes in two teams in the region, I think they own Montevideo City Torque, and also heavily invested in Club Bolivar from Bolivia. :( What in the world do we in South America have to do with Manchester City? Not good.

I think Man City own NY City as well don't they?

Thanks for the explanation about the leagues and how they work regarding qualification to the Libertadores. What happens if one team wins both parts but the second teams are different, does it go on the combined totals?

D'Alessandro is still going! Where is he now, I remember he was at Internacional a little while ago (think it was them or was it Corinthians? pretty sure it was Internacional) He was brilliant for us and scored this memorable goal. We were standing behind and right in line of the angle of shot and could see it was going in all the way! We were really sad when he decided not to sign as he was leaving Wolfsburg but he went to hmm, Real Sociedad I think it was.

Viafara did well for us, Silva less so as he was probably on the decline in his career at that point. I'm sure there's another Argentinian player we had briefly as well but I'm trying to remember his name. I think we signed him from an Italian team but I'm sure he was Argentinian. Will have to think about that.

That was quite a shoot out, seems likes the nerves hit all round!

Love watching South American football.
One thing though ,for us Europeans ,is the league system and relegations for some leagues , completely bonkers.

Argentinian league with its clausura and apertura (winter champions and summer champions) I know they've changed that ,but only to a similar format right?

But the worst part is relegations aren't based on one season like we do ,but decided by an average over 5 seasons , obviously to protect the big teams , especially River Plate ,who got relegated (finally) in the early 2010s.

I know Mexico ,guess Argentina has the same cup format as well ,if two teams end up drawing in a cup game(s) the highest ranked team wins...

Not saying they should do what we do ,but it's very weird how it works.
Maybe quite corrupted federations (more than maybe) in some countries.

Love watching it though.

Hi bros! Great to see this thread picking up some steam, and seeing some responses!
Well, no joke, i'm currently redoing Liga Aguila, player by player checking errors of height, weight, some old stats errors (conversion from old PES) on PES 2021. In fact, my goal is to make a full list on excel with all real height and weight/but weight is changing and versatile so... Because there's way too much players with standard height or weight easyly foundable
... And i started with Liga Aguila, and i'm currently correcting Millonarios errors and redo some faces no joke
That is so cool bro.. I didn't know you were a main editor at PESUniverse, that's awesome.. So your plan is to update the entire Colombian league? Wow, that's a massive undertaking, In terms of my edit file, even though I am familiar with several players in the league, I tend to focus on my Millos, editing stats and faces (with the in-game editor) to make them accurate according to my perceptions.. It'd be nice to see some of the Millos stats, feel free to send me a PM if you have specific questions about Millos' current squad, or if you would like to share some screenshots! :BSCARF: Of course I would love to see how your work keeps going, bro, it's very cool to see that leagues in this part of the world get attention as well, that's very encouraging for the future of PES 2021!

There's perhaps issues for moving from a country to another, schedule and calendar i don't know, but do they have, in the future, the project to make Concacaf/Commebol as one and only Confederation? Or something like a VS between the two. Like they did for AFC Champion's : qualification in West Asia and East Asia first, then groups are settle. Should be pretty great to level up the Copa America, Mexico, USA (more than ever), Costa Rica, Honduras are pretty thought for example, they're is not enough teams in South America in my opinion to make a great and recognized NT cup.
Actually bro, in my case, I wouldn't be too keen on this idea.. I think both confederations have their own distinct character and history, I grew up with CONMEBOL World Cup qualifying, Copa Libertadores (even though Mexican teams played for a few years, it has always been predominantly CONMEBOL teams), and integrating the confederations would make them lose a lot of their local flavor. I just can't get excited about playing MLS teams in a unified club cup, for example, I have no connection to the teams like I do with my usual South American rivals.. Same goes for WC qualifying.. A national team cup would be fine, but in terms of club cups, I'm pretty ok with the current system. :TU:
About Red Bull or City group, be carefull @millossobek if they won't buy Bogota FC or LLaneros lol, for example. But it seems untouched. And we learn those things after the deal.
I saw a bit more a Peru club as they're growing up in terms of quality year those years. I don't think they're good enough with "only" those teams...
Man that would be awful. I don't even wanna think about it. Red Bull and Man City,please stay away from South American football! :LOL: Seriously though, I think this messed up franchising of football teams has the potential to ruin so much that we love about club football.. Honestly I don't even wanna think about it looool.
Well back to Libertadores/Sudamerican, i'm all behind Penarol but i think Libertad (like them too, just that Paraguay teams deserves more attention in their own country) are on the paper the best team in my opinion.
And on Libertadores, i'm neither of fan of any teams in group. Palmeiras perhaps, but i recognise Brasileirao as a great league, i prefers way more Argentina since a long time, as they've got a lot of similarity with Italian football based on balance, mixed with a bit of fantasy joga bonito dribbling players.
I actually would like Flamengo vs Mineiro final, I like both teams for different reasons.. Flamengo has an incredible fanbase, there are literally tens of millions of fans with a very deep culture and history, it's an amazing club.. And Mineiro, I like their tandem of Hulk and Diego Costa, I'd love to see what they can do together. :) And in terms of Sudamericana.. Anyone but RB Bragantino!! :LOL:
Thanks for the explanation about the leagues and how they work regarding qualification to the Libertadores. What happens if one team wins both parts but the second teams are different, does it go on the combined totals?
Exactly bro.. In the Colombian league, let's say the same team wins both annual tournaments, so that would be 1 qualified team to the Libertadores. The other 3 would be: #2 and #3 in the accumulated yearly table, and #4 the champion of the Copa Colombia (#2 going to group phase, #3 and #4 to the preliminary phase). Sudamericana would be the next 4 teams in the yearly table (5-8). It's quite similar to Europa League.
D'Alessandro is still going! Where is he now, I remember he was at Internacional a little while ago (think it was them or was it Corinthians? pretty sure it was Internacional) He was brilliant for us and scored this memorable goal. We were standing behind and right in line of the angle of shot and could see it was going in all the way! We were really sad when he decided not to sign as he was leaving Wolfsburg but he went to hmm, Real Sociedad I think it was.
D'Alessandro is amazing! Right now he's playing with Club Nacional de Football, from Uruguay. Nacional are Peñarol's fiercest rivals. Uruguay is an interesting case because these two teams have won like.. 90% of all Uruguayan tournaments.. It's amazing that at 40, he still retains the touch he's always had, it's still a pleasure to see him play! He might be a step slower but he still has the touch, and feel for the game. Check out this video.. And man, what a goal with Portsmouth!! Talk about putting it in the bookshelf. :DANCE:

Love watching South American football.
One thing though ,for us Europeans ,is the league system and relegations for some leagues , completely bonkers.

Argentinian league with its clausura and apertura (winter champions and summer champions) I know they've changed that ,but only to a similar format right?

But the worst part is relegations aren't based on one season like we do ,but decided by an average over 5 seasons , obviously to protect the big teams , especially River Plate ,who got relegated (finally) in the early 2010s.

I know Mexico ,guess Argentina has the same cup format as well ,if two teams end up drawing in a cup game(s) the highest ranked team wins...

Not saying they should do what we do ,but it's very weird how it works.
Maybe quite corrupted federations (more than maybe) in some countries.

Love watching it though.

Hi bro! Yes, five seasons is way too much for relegation averages. I am not completely against averages, but I would have it for 3 seasons, not 5.. (Meaning 3 semester average, a year and a half).. I can see why it can be seen as unfair by the smaller teams though, since the ones that get promoted inherit the relegated team's average. Brazil is the opposite example, 4 teams get relegated directly, and 4 teams get promoted. That is a bit extreme too, that's why you see giants like Gremio who is on the brink of relegation, and of course Cruzeiro who is still in second division. TBH I'd have an intermediate system, somewhere in the middle! :TU:

Thanks a lot for your comments guys! I will definitely be back once semifinals roll around, which will occur after WC qualifying! Cheers and I will post soon! :)

Last edited:
That is so cool bro.. I didn't know you were a main editor at PESUniverse, that's awesome.. So your plan is to update the entire Colombian league? Wow, that's a massive undertaking, In terms of my edit file, even though I am familiar with several players in the league, I tend to focus on my Millos, editing stats and faces (with the in-game editor) to make them accurate according to my perceptions.. It'd be nice to see some of the Millos stats, feel free to send me a PM if you have specific questions about Millos' current squad, or if you would like to share some screenshots! :BSCARF: Of course I would love to see how your work keeps going, bro, it's very cool to see that leagues in this part of the world get attention as well, that's very encouraging for the future of PES 2021!

Yeah, on PES 2020 and 2021 (was pretty hard to correct all the mistakes on MLS they got in PES 2019... But well)
In fact, the Liga Aguila i talk that i've completely updated was for PES 2020 / Do you remember that they lost the licence?
I restored all, and created all missing players. Faces etc.

Now, about my current OF, i won't update stats, but correct errors, and faces. As i listed all type of errors they've made since PES 2015, due to conversion from PES 2011 to 2014... I can found every players who are wrong. There's one or two on Liga Aguila who got all the errors possible in game that i've completely recreated. I'll check...
-Michel Acosta (Atl. Bucaramanga) got all errors : -4/4 misconversion in weak foot (from 8 to 4 scale) -60 untouched Body Control (well for a CB it's less important and they left it but he isn't) -One big error that were corrected since a long time on PES, but remaining sometimes if the Data editor don't give a damn, i call it "80" error (the player got for no reason 80 in Finishing, Curve, Ball winning) -And the last error was Attack/Defense from PES 2013 = Attacking/Defensive prowess on PES above PES 2014.

In fact, his set is exactly the same as PES 2012 as he was present, with all errors. There's another player in that case, with no 80/80/80 errors i corrected

Normally it was 1. Errors and Height/weight for every IG team 2. All faces/but some who were +- acceptable only hairstyle, beard, eyes colors are often wrong and boots model. But for Liga Aguila, i decided to do everything at once. Well some player won't be remade completely.

But i will first correct 20-21 rosters. I'm not sure to do transfers as the database is way too big, but i'll send my exports, open a thread with my errors founded and corrected and people may do what they want with it.
Ah yes : there's a lot of player with "0" in all facial parameters faces like that :
https://www.pesmaster.com/e-florez/pes-2021/player/141527/
https://www.pesmaster.com/s-jerez/pes-2021/player/141739/
etc.
They're already all corrected in Liga Aguila, every players with those faces. As i've done them last year for 80% of them. Don't know, pictures were easy to found, well not for all teams last year, but this year it was easy. Sad i can't change minifaces on PS4 but whatever.

I'll send you by PM my teds if you want, tonight, but some teams aren't revised yet, or i didn't redo faces only info and correction (i know Atletico Nacional is important, but i didn't done them yet. I'll see if i got the courage because it's very exhausting mentally) as i'm at Millos : left Once Caldas/Patriotas/Rionegro/Ind. Santa Fe

Back
Top Bottom