Classic Players problem

alexpant

Non-League
12 August 2005
Hi everyone. Me and another mate started a master league both playing in the same team. I deleted my previous option file and put in a new one with with all the classic players unlocked, and the duplicate ones changed to other players missing from the game, cause we wanted the league to be as realistic as possible. Halfway through the season, during the first transfer window, Newcastle has bought Eusebio and Real Betis has bought Taffarel. I'm still wondering what happened here. Anyone?

Once you have the classic players unlocked, you can buy them in ML and so can the COM teams.

Thats why a realistic experience is best with these players always locked. :)

alexpant said:
Hi everyone. Me and another mate started a master league both playing in the same team. I deleted my previous option file and put in a new one with with all the classic players unlocked, and the duplicate ones changed to other players missing from the game, cause we wanted the league to be as realistic as possible. Halfway through the season, during the first transfer window, Newcastle has bought Eusebio and Real Betis has bought Taffarel. I'm still wondering what happened here. Anyone?
I'm kinda confused, if you want realistic then you should use an option file that doesn't have classic players unlocked otherwise they will come and ruin ML the way they have now.

Also if you create missing players over duplicates or the file you use has, they won't appear in ML as Konami have prevented the duplicates with two exceptions (Nuno Gomes and Carew I think) from appearing in ML so if what you said is right, then all the missing players that have been created for clubs won't appear in ML either.

I always find this debate funny.
Why do ppl still complain about having classic players unlocked.
1. there isn't enough good fast players available and never has been in WE/PES so when you buy them there is no competition.

2. Especially now with the new growth mode after your first season players like Maldini, Rivaldo, Cafu etc etc retire and come back as 17 year olds whats the difference in them and buying a Young Maradona or Laudrup when they are 17 and need training.

I bought a classic player but when i was in ML mode unable to find him in any groups !
Was I drunk or what ?

Edit : So I think i'ts like double players who don't appear in ML mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
and buying a Young Maradona or Laudrup when they are 17 and need training.

Because there isn't young Maradona that needs training except a long while in.

So sorry guys. I've been away for a few days and didnt check my post. I made a mistake in my first statement. The option file had the classic players LOCKED and the classic teams aswell. The only players that were unlocked, were present secret players and some created by the option file creator. Still, the computer could buy Maradona, Lineker etc.!!!

Back
Top Bottom