YouTube - Zambia - Nigeria | CAN Orange 2013 | 25.01.2013

Burkina Faso
22px-Flag_of_Burkina_Faso.svg.png
vs
22px-Flag_of_Ethiopia.svg.png
Ethiopia 4:0

YouTube - Burkina Faso - Ethiopia | CAN Orange 2013 | 25.01.2013

Great match from Burkina Faso! Well done! :TU:

I know but one must try I think that we need not to play national anthem we must play maroc telecom advert can mout ala Maghreb bcz. Maybe these boys may understand the price it means for the nation.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...8bjjeP0T2e7rGY1-ZGWPN_g&bvm=bv.41524429,d.d2k
looooool
well I hope we'll finally put adoua back the the defensive midfield and have kantari make the pair with benatia in the defense. I also want to see chafni in the starting 11. he's not the most spectacular player but he plays simple and smart.
thanks god belhanda had 2 yellow card and is suspended for the 3rd game. he's definitely not mentally fit to help this team.

looooool
well I hope we'll finally put adoua back the the defensive midfield and have kantari make the pair with benatia in the defense. I also want to see chafni in the starting 11. he's not the most spectacular player but he plays simple and smart.
thanks god belhanda had 2 yellow card and is suspended for the 3rd game. he's definitely not mentally fit to help this team.

id like to c Belghazouani start and barrada on either side as they play with pride and someone up 2 up front hamdallah botola hadef and el arabi

More likely is that Taoussi morning dispense with the 4-3-3 that paid off in the first two games and will play tomorrow with a 4-4-2 with several changes in the XI

The Kaoutari return to left back after underperforming Bergdich to Cape Verde. -In the face of injury Hermach The Adoua play a pivotal and its place beside Central beside Kantari Benatia will occupy. -Barred and Belghazouani as attacking midfielders and El Arabi and Hamdaoui as forwards

Fixtures for Round 3:

Sunday, 27 January (Durban/Port Elizabeth)

Morocco 2-2 South Africa

Cape Verde 2-1 Angola

Monday, 28 January (Port Elizabeth/Durban)

Niger 0-3 Ghana

Congo DR 1-1 Mali

Tuesday, 29 January (Nelspruit/Rustenburg)

Burkina Faso 0-0 Zambia

Ethiopia 0-2 Nigeria

Wednesday, 30 January (Rustenburg/Nelspruit)

Algeria 2-2 Côte d'Ivoire

Togo 1-1 Tunisia

Last edited:
The best game of the CAN so far.

Very good team, we deserved to win this game, hope the federation will not fire Taoussi (our coach) because we need time. We should have played like that the first games, we have failed to score many times ... This is useless crap. I hope Taoussi and his staff can make a competitive team in 2015.

Last edited:
For Cape Verde, I can only say one thing: "RESPECT!" Today I watched the play of real heroes, Bravo guys! :WOOT::WORSHIP:

For Morocco, played very well maybe that was the best game in the tournament, but unfortunately, the best or not the best, the match is 90 minutes. It is a pity that at the end of the meeting here so missed. Good luck in the future. ;)

Morocco seems like a strong team on paper. But every time they fail at the Africa Cup and I can't understand why. They're not a team? Or what is the problem? I followed the 3 games so far and they played all matches with a different line up. Maybe that's the cause?

The new coach took the team in less than 6 months.
When he came, we were obliged to win by at least 3-0 to qualify to the CAN.
I personally didn't think one minute that we'll qualify.
He did it, and with style (we won 4-0 with a great football).
Now the problem is that he haven't took risks, and by risks I mean attacking a lot : our lateral players weren't attacking AT ALL in the first two games.
Now, I'm really happy with this third game.
We showed a spirit, a comabativity and IMO we deserved more and more than the draw.
As usual, the goals that we concede are personal errors.
Anyway, I hope we'll give time to our coach to make a competitive team for the next CAN that we'll host, and hopefully win.

Morocco seems like a strong team on paper. But every time they fail at the Africa Cup and I can't understand why. They're not a team? Or what is the problem? I followed the 3 games so far and they played all matches with a different line up. Maybe that's the cause?

you all said.. frmf (moroccan federation) has changed 8 coaches since 2006 when Zaki (who guided them to the final in 2004's acn) failed to qualify to the wc.. anyway there also some tactical problems that have to be fixed.. in my personal opinion they should pass to 3-5-2 module to fit benatia's defensive way (and make him captain) and solve defensive wingers problems..

we change the coaches too often.
after zaki resigned in october 2005 after getting the team to africa cup final in 2004 and failing to qualify in wc2006 (we were so close) we had the folowing coaches : philipe troussier, mohammed fakhir, henri michel, fathi jamal, roger lemerre, hassan moumen, eric gerets and now rachid taoussi. 8 coaches in less than 7 year (considering our national team didn't play during the season 2009/2010).

For Cape Verde, I can only say one thing: "RESPECT!" Today I watched the play of real heroes, Bravo guys! :WOOT::WORSHIP:

For Morocco, played very well maybe that was the best game in the tournament, but unfortunately, the best or not the best, the match is 90 minutes. It is a pity that at the end of the meeting here so missed. Good luck in the future. ;)
the two 1 to 1 with the keeper of Chafni and El Arabi should'nt have been missed :DOH:
but the big regret is not having played this way in the first 2 games.

I wish the coach had taken Boussoufa instead of Belghazouani :(

Last edited:
It is really strange why Rachid Taoussi even not took it to the tournament. :SS
he never took him so we can't know if there is a reason, and the press didn't like boussoufa's play before so they didn't even ask. they have only asked him about kharja, chamakh and taarabt.

he never took him so we can't know if there is a reason, and the press didn't like boussoufa's play before so they didn't even ask. they have only asked him about kharja, chamakh and taarabt.

Still think he done well as in truth we only lost one game since he has been in charged. Chefni n boghazwani both were trying to hard. We have a team for the future I think arabi needs a strik partner he like hadda but with out bassir.

Lamyaghri has retired think zniti should come in or the boy who is in the athletico Madrid team

Do u know where I can get the shirt pls don't say madina lol

I think u agree with me when I say dima dima maghreb

Last edited:
With Eric Gerets you had one of the best coaches in the world, why not having a litle bit of patience with him and his selection ?

With Eric Gerets you had one of the best coaches in the world, why not having a litle bit of patience with him and his selection ?

well.. IMO the problem was that Gerets (just like Rijkaard with Saudi Arabia).. well yeah with Gerets the team plays better but as he was at his first national team experience he didn't know how to transmit the national "passion" that the players needed.. with Taoussi we solved this problem.. but we have new problems to solve with module and playing way.. let's wait and see..

This has really been the worst African Nations Cup in a long while. So many dull games, so many goalless draws and the quality of football has been really poor.

:CONFUSE: morocco, congo dr and zambia all knocked out without losing a game, but they didn't win any either...

This has really been the worst African Nations Cup in a long while. So many dull games, so many goalless draws and the quality of football has been really poor.
Do not agree with you, mate, it was only in the beginning, when was a flurry of zero draws, then it was really pretty boring. But at least in the matches of third round, in my opinion, were all very interesting. It is a feature of this tournament, begin is boring but sequel - interesting. ;)

:CONFUSE: morocco, congo dr and zambia all knocked out without losing a game, but they didn't win any either...
Tunisia also knocked out, now. ;)

Last edited:
I must agree with Aboutreika18, this is really the worst CAN I've seen since I was born.
Not because of the draws, but mostly because of the visible lack of combativity in the pitch.
Every team is waiting the other to make mistakes to take advantage from it, I didn't see a good game since Morocco vs South Africa, and it has been the only quite good one.

Maybe it's because of the group stages, every team is fearing the elimination, I just hope the next rounds will be better.

Quarterfinals:

afrique-du-sud.jpg
ghana.jpg
burkina-faso.jpg
cote-ivoire.jpg

cap-vert.jpg
mali.jpg
nigeria.jpg
togo.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixtures for Quarterfinals:

Saturday, 2 February (Durban/Port Elizabeth)

South Africa (1)1-1(3) Mali

Ghana 2-0 Cape Verde

Sunday, 3 February (Rustenburg/Nelspruit)

Côte d'Ivoire 1-2 Nigeria

Burkina Faso 1-0 Togo

Last edited:
Gerets would have stayed if he was optimistic to qualify to this africa cup 2013 but it seems himself lost confidence in the possibility to do it after loosing 2 - 0 in Mozambique so the federation took the most optmistic coach to win back against that team wich was done (4 - 0 in Morocco against Mozambique).

Back
Top Bottom