CAN 2013 - And again Welcome!

This has really been the worst African Nations Cup in a long while. So many dull games, so many goalless draws and the quality of football has been really poor.
I agree, I was disapointed so far. as the fields were better I was expecting better football.
but I have to say also that I was also disappointed by euro 2012 and that I was wondering "where are the strikers nowadays ?". Spain won the euro cup without a number 9. then years ago if we had to give 10 names in this position it would have been difficult to choose only 10, there was names like crespo, van nistelroy, makaay, andy cole, ronaldo, raul, henry, inzaghi, vieri, del piero, klose, pauleta, owen, shevchenco ... but today it would be difficult to reach 10 names.

Quarterfinals Highlights 1

South Africa
22px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png
vs
22px-Flag_of_Mali.svg.png
Mali 1:1 (pen. 1:3)

Goals: Rantie 31' - Keita 58'

Penalties: Tshabalala, Furman, Mahlangu, Majoro - Diabaté, Tamboura, Ma. Traore

YouTube - South Africa - Mali | CAN Orange 2013 | 02.02.2013

Ghana
22px-Flag_of_Ghana.svg.png
vs
22px-Flag_of_Cape_Verde.svg.png
Cape Verde 2:0

Goals: Wakaso 54' (pen.), 90+

YouTube - Ghana - Cap Verde | CAN Orange 2013 | 02.02.2013

Ivory Coast...can't believe they've blown it yet again despite possessing the most quality in their squad.

Nigeria overcame Africa Cup of Nations favourites Ivory Coast on Sunday, putting the Super Eagles in the final four of the competition. Stephen Keshi's side now face dark horse Mali in the semi-finals on Wednesday, after which the winner may face current favourites Ghana in the final on Sunday.

Defeating Mali and the Black Stars will be no easy feat, but to encourage the West African nation to bring home their third Africa Cup of Nations trophy, the Association of Nigerian Prostitutes — yes, there is an official Association of Nigerian Prostitutes — have promised seven days of free sex if they win.

A statement from ANP secretary Jessica Elvis reads (via ynaija.com):

“We want to congratulate the Nigerian national team, the Super Eagles, for qualifying for the next round of the competition.

“To show our support for the national team, we’ll be declaring one week [of] free sex if the Super Eagles can win the trophy.”

It's not clear who would be entitled to the free sex (just the players? anybody in Nigeria with ten minutes to spare?) or if there are any restrictions (one free lovemaking session per customer per day? Offer only valid with orders over $50?), but don't be surprised if Cristiano Ronaldo announces a seven-day African sabbatical on Sunday.

:D

Semifinals:

ghana.jpg
burkina-faso.jpg
mali.jpg
nigeria.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixtures for Semifinals:

Wednesday, 6 February (Durban/Nelspruit)

Mali 1-4 Nigeria

Burkina Faso (3)1-1(2) Ghana

Last edited:
CAN 2013 FINAL:

Nigeria 1-0 Burkina Faso

Sunday 10 February 2012 - 18:00 (UTC)
Johannesburg

Stadium: FNB Stadium

soccer-city-crowd-584.jpg

P.S Today, February 9, at 18:00 UTC in Port Elizabeth will be the Third place match, where will meet teams of Mali and Ghana, do not miss. ;)

Last edited:
Congrats to Nigeria, happy as we have a Celt in their midst, Efe Ambrose who I thought was brilliant in the final.

Mind you that lad Emunike is an absolute beast of a player, not a huge fan of African strikers previously (it's got better in recent times), but this guy has the lot.

FD

Back
Top Bottom