Best FIFA or PES for you

Which is the best football game FIFA or PES for you (you can choose 1 PES and 1 FIFA game)

• FIFA 14

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • FIFA 15

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • FIFA 16

Votes: 35 36.1%
  • FIFA 17

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • FIFA 18

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • FIFA 19

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • PES 2015

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • PES 2016

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • PES 2017

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • PES 2018

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • PES 2019

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • PES 2021

Votes: 45 46.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Had nearly every version of PES since IIS Pro Evolution on PS1

PES 2021 is the best i've ever played by far - I don't know how anyone can think otherwise - modded obviously its on a different planet to anything else

Had nearly every version of PES since IIS Pro Evolution on PS1

PES 2021 is the best i've ever played by far - I don't know how anyone can think otherwise - modded obviously its on a different planet to anything else
Because it feels like you're the younger brother that has been handed a controller that isn't really connected, and the person actually playing is your brother sitting next to you.

By that, I mean the game is so scripted due to its massive animation priority that you never truly feel in control. It looks incredible with CPU vs CPU or other people playing, but doing so yourself is a miserable experience. I'll take any tank control PS1/2 Pro Evo any day of the week. At least those games feel alive, are responsive as hell, and enjoyable to play. Enjoyable being an absolutely key factor with regard to any video game.

Because it feels like you're the younger brother that has been handed a controller that isn't really connected, and the person actually playing is your brother sitting next to you.

By that, I mean the game is so scripted due to its massive animation priority that you never truly feel in control. It looks incredible with CPU vs CPU or other people playing, but doing so yourself is a miserable experience. I'll take any tank control PS1/2 Pro Evo any day of the week. At least those games feel alive, are responsive as hell, and enjoyable to play. Enjoyable being an absolutely key factor with regard to any video game.
"massive animation priority".........I have no idea what that means.

Anyways - quite simply - PES 2021 on PC (there's literally no point in playing PES if you dont have a PC) with mods like VirtuaRed and Twiggy's mods have taken the game FAR beyond anything ever seen on a playstation - no playstation - not even PS5 is capable of handling the sheer amount of content available on PES 2021 today.

I have over 1,000 different stadiums worldwide
Pretty much every major team in the world
All the players I need
The stadiums have realistic camera angles that make it look like a TV Broadcast
Each stadium has it's own unique goal nets
The commentary names are up to date
The player database is up to date
And I can tweak certain aspects of the gameplay to how I want it
I have every kit in europe - for FC Barcelona (my team) I even have kits from 1999-2015

None of those things are available on the old pes games on playstation.

Modders have taken the game to level beyond where konami ever got this game in my opinion -

Even if you look at the base gameplay - you can't even do simple things on PES on playstation like pass a ball along the ground with spin or curl...
finesse shots weren't even introduced until PES 6 etc etc etc

For it's time yes - it was amazing - but PES 2021 is far better in my opinion

Anyways - quite simply - PES 2021 on PC (there's literally no point in playing PES if you dont have a PC) with mods like VirtuaRed and Twiggy's mods have taken the game FAR beyond anything ever seen on a playstation - no playstation - not even PS5 is capable of handling the sheer amount of content available on PES 2021 today.

I have over 1,000 different stadiums worldwide
Pretty much every major team in the world
All the players I need
The stadiums have realistic camera angles that make it look like a TV Broadcast
Each stadium has it's own unique goal nets
The commentary names are up to date
The player database is up to date
And I can tweak certain aspects of the gameplay to how I want it
I have every kit in europe - for FC Barcelona (my team) I even have kits from 1999-2015

None of those things are available on the old pes games on playstation.

Modders have taken the game to level beyond where konami ever got this game in my opinion -

Even if you look at the base gameplay - you can't even do simple things on PES on playstation like pass a ball along the ground with spin or curl...
finesse shots weren't even introduced until PES 6 etc etc etc

For it's time yes - it was amazing - but PES 2021 is far better in my opinion
That's great but the AI are kind of boring to play aren't they?

That's great but the AI are kind of boring to play aren't they?
ALL AI can be boring to play because video games havent got to the stage where a computer can analyse the way you play and counter it / adjust tactics on the fly - to do that games will have to start calculating stats on what areas you are attacking, with which players and then adjust it's tactics on the fly in a way it THINKS will stop you progressing WITHOUT unbalancing the game or mucking up other aspects of it

This isn't going to happen anytime soon as theirs no money in it - the money is in Ultimate Team + microtransactions - that's where gaming is headed

Interesting poll in that only post-2015 versions that have been cracked are in the voting list, and the classic games have been skipped completely.

Problem is that, in my mind, the best version of FIFA ever released is one that cracked users cannot play, which is the release day 1.00 version of FIFA 16, and the best version of PES is 2013, which isn’t even in the list.

If we limit it to only post-2015 versions that have been cracked, then the answer is probably FIFA 19 Update 4 (ie. CPY) (though FIFA 16 1.07 is close) and PES 2017 (would have been 2019 if it wasn’t for the vanilla AI issues, or 2021 if it had been cracked properly).

He means that the game engine gives priority to the flow of animations rather than to the user input to control movements. The virtual players don't do what the user wants them to do. That's the scripting. In the vanilla game, you feel like battling against the CPU to move the players.

He means that the game engine gives priority to the flow of animations rather than to the user input to control movements. The virtual players don't do what the user wants them to do. That's the scripting. In the vanilla game, you feel like battling against the CPU to move the players.
Makes absolutely 0 sense

Again - All A.I in these types of games does the same thing.

It will lower your player's/teams's stats + abilities and boost its own OR override those settings - it's the only way the game can be more of a challenge to the user - the AI does not know how to play "better football" - it doesn't even know what "better football" is.

All version of PES ever have had "scripting" - ALL

Back
Top Bottom