Hi again, just passing by to say that I've found a solution for access violation 0xc0000005 on Windows 11, for FIFAs 13 and 14. I will paste the message that I have already posted on SoccerGaming.
"hey guys, just got 0xc0000005 fixed for both FIFA 13 and 14. I'm not sure if I should open a new thread for this. But here goes nothing!
Now, I don't know how many people were getting this error on Windows 11 up until now, though it seems fairly common with other games as well from what I've been reading on Reddit. Anyway, if anybody ever comes across it, here's how you'll most likely get it fixed (AI-written steps, I reviewed them):
- Open the Windows Start Menu, type Windows Security, and open it.
- Go to App & browser control.
- At the bottom of the page, click on Exploit protection settings.
- Switch from System settings to the Program settings tab.
- Click Add program to customize > Add by exact program name.
- Type fifa14.exe (and repeat this process for fifa13.exe).
- In the massive list of settings that pops up, manually override and change the following three features to OFF (Disabled):
- Hardware-enforced Stack Protection (Crucial core culprit)
- Mandatory ASLR
- Export Address Filtering (EAF)
- Data Execution Prevention (DEP)*
- Click Apply.
OBSERVATIONS
I should tell you that, while ULTIMATELY following the steps above solved the problem for me, there are a couple of other changes I did to my PC over the last week that could have contributed to successfully starting up these games, but I'm not aware. I won't remember all of them right now, and don't generally advise you to do them, but if adding the .exe as an exception on Exploit Protection panel alone did not work, here's what I recommend:
1. Make sure your drivers and OS are updated;
2. About the DEP option: in my case I turned off DEP for my entire system via a command. Before going for that, try checking the box over the Exploit panel first;
3. Set your PC power options to focus on performance when plugged in (if on a laptop);
4. Go to
Graphic options on your display settings over Control Panel, add your fifa 13 or 14 .exe file to the list, click over it, and set its GPU preferences to only use your dedicated graphics driver (if you have it);"