Anth's FIFA 22 Next-Gen Simulation Sliders/Tactical Adjustment (16/05/22)

@Anth James yes yes yes with your adjustments I agree with gk at 41 bc the stuff they are saving is unreal, but at the same time they let some balloon softy shots in. Marking as well I'm enjoying 45 and RF at 75 had produced some nice not frantic results.
Great to hear it had an impact for you man. Have you found there to be less ping pong?

Great to hear it had an impact for you man. Have you found there to be less ping pong?
Yeah thanks man. For the most part its good, once in a while I do have a few games that are sh*t but theyre usually satisfying. I have like a hybrid but with a few of your sliders but its working so far. Going to try them out in career. so far kickoff is good. I do feel lower marking makes them commit less fouls? maybe? need to try out more

Yeah thanks man. For the most part its good, once in a while I do have a few games that are sh*t but theyre usually satisfying. I have like a hybrid but with a few of your sliders but its working so far. Going to try them out in career. so far kickoff is good. I do feel lower marking makes them commit less fouls? maybe? need to try out more
Nice. Yeah I find it’s better for the most part too, not perfect but better. I haven’t found that with fouls personally, I’m having plenty. If you have different line sliders your distances will most likely be different and this could impact things.

Nice. Yeah I find it’s better for the most part too, not perfect but better. I haven’t found that with fouls personally, I’m having plenty. If you have different line sliders your distances will most likely be different and this could impact things.

Will give your HLW a try. But you might be right, I think before the AI was just getting a red every game and I didnt want that.

Trying to work on the deep defensive retreat a little...

I just played a match with my sliders, but height slider to 100/100, tactical adjustment of depth to 100 for both teams and all defenders on both teams to ‘step up’ instruction. It doesn’t solve the problem of runners tracking, but it does help some and the higher base position does definitely help the midfield. Played Real v AC, 10 min halves, world class. Match ended 1-0 (I lost), 6 shots to 11 only. MUCH more of a midfield battle.

Tactics - Depth definitely has an impact on height, more so than slider from what I can tell.

Interesting test anyway.

EDIT: After some more matches, there is a clear improvement to the midfield game and congestion with these settings. I know going into tactics probably isn’t ideal for some, but it does help and is a very quick and easy fix to make. I’m thinking there might be a range for the tactical depth setting that allows for variety so each team still looks and plays different. Possibly 70-100 type range - 70 being a team that typically sits deep, 100 a team with a very high line. Teams tactical approaches can remain varied too, it’s just that depth and step up instruction that help.

I haven’t found the space behind the line very exploitable, even at 100 - although you do need to be careful sometimes.

I want to keep trying it to see how it holds up over a period of time though with different teams etc.

I mentioned this to you a while back son. This is how I know you don't read my messages......

I mentioned this to you a while back son. This is how I know you don't read my messages......
Haha sorry man, I must have missed it! I’m pretty much talking to myself in the thread at the moment, so I definitely appreciate your input. Credit to you:WORSHIP: Has it held up well over a longer period?

Haha sorry man, I must have missed it! I’m pretty much talking to myself in the thread at the moment, so I definitely appreciate your input. Credit to you:WORSHIP: Has it held up well over a longer period?
Yeah much better with it higher. If you look at Man City, theirs is too high as it makes it too easy to break against them. So I think that is the limit. They might have it on 79.

I prefer to only have one cb stepping on. Most teams only play with one up top and it allows the other cb to cover. I think I've got the fb's to step up as well.

Yeah much better with it higher. If you look at Man City, theirs is too high as it makes it too easy to break against them. So I think that is the limit. They might have it on 79.

I prefer to only have one cb stepping on. Most teams only play with one up top and it allows the other cb to cover. I think I've got the fb's to step up as well.
Nice thinking. I used to find City very easy to break, but I don’t know if it’s the low marking, low width or just a combination of all but I haven’t found them too easy to break even on 100 depth with the latest sliders.

Hey Anth, any changes to sliders with the last update? I was enjoyng yours last night and today with the update played a couple of games but felt off.

Hey Anth, any changes to sliders with the last update? I was enjoyng yours last night and today with the update played a couple of games but felt off.
Hey man. I’ve felt like it’s held up well so far for me.

Have you given the tactical adjustment a try to go with the sliders? I’ve only played with the adjustment and sliders together since the update and I’ve had some great matches.

Hey man. I’ve felt like it’s held up well so far for me.

Have you given the tactical adjustment a try to go with the sliders? I’ve only played with the adjustment and sliders together since the update and I’ve had some great matches.

Scratch that I shouldve given it more games, its still playing OK. The thing is everytime I play vs china (CHINA!!!!) my games are terrible. played with other teams and it was good. Sorry, shouldve tested more but at least its good news. for now I havent changed any tactics

I’m having some very interesting matches with the set below. It’s a working set, and an expansion on the original, but I’ve stopped trying to match too many variables with each other as there’s often conflicting reasons. If anyone wants to give them a try let me know how you find. I’m still in the process of testing. For those who found the first set too fast, this is a slower pace without sacrificing the reasons for the faster values.

Note, I’m using this set with the tactical adjustments in the first post still.

Sprint Speed: 70/70
Acceleration: 48/49
Shot Error: 63/63
Pass Error: 88/78
Shot Speed: 50/50
Pass Speed: 40/34
Injury Frequency: 75/75
Injury Severity: 25/25
GK Ability: 42/42
Marking: 45/65
Run Frequency: 75/75
Line Height: 100/100
Line Length: 60/40
Line Width: 40/60
FB Positioning: 65/65
First Touch Error: 95/95
Power bar: 50 (for semi)
55-75 (for manual) User preference here
Would you recommend these for FUMA?

I'm very happy with this current set. I think allowing for more discrepancy between user and CPU for a few key values, as well as the recent change to pass error (which I've written about in more detail on the first post) has been the final and major touch.

I feel like there's a good flow to movement (without being too fast), the potential outcomes during matches are much more varied now, with more battles across the pitch, contextual errors and loose touches. I'm using in combination with the tactical adjustment and have had consistently interesting and organic matches that can sustain longer halves.

Set below (and first page is always updated)

World Class, Slow, Classic Attributes, 10 minute halves

Acceleration: 46/48
Pass Speed: 38/34
Power bar: 45 (for semi)
User preference for manual.

Last edited:
I'm very happy with this current set. I think allowing for more discrepancy between user and CPU for a few key values, as well as the recent change to pass error (which I've written about in more detail on the first post) has been the final and major touch.

I feel like there's a good flow to movement (without being too fast), the potential outcomes during matches are much more varied now, with more battles across the pitch, contextual errors and loose touches. I'm using in combination with the tactical adjustment and have had consistently interesting and organic matches that can sustain longer halves.

Set below (and first page is always updated)

World Class, Slow, Classic Attributes, 10 minute halves

Acceleration: 48/49
Pass Speed: 40/34
Power bar: 50 (for semi)
55-75 (for manual) User preference here
Gonna give these a try. I agree with what you've said about pass error in the other thread. I've upped it and have been having great games. I haven't gone do much up in values as you though but roll give it a try. In previous games it broke ai crossing/or created more ping pong passes but it seems in this edition it adds some randomness (even if the pass completion is still high)

Gonna give these a try. I agree with what you've said about pass error in the other thread. I've upped it and have been having great games. I haven't gone do much up in values as you though but roll give it a try. In previous games it broke ai crossing/or created more ping pong passes but it seems in this edition it adds some randomness (even if the pass completion is still high)
Yeah that’s it man. I’m still seeing crossing, switches, balls over the top even on 88/78. I’ve found high run frequency also helps with the ping pong. I haven’t seen it with these settings much/if at all.

I’ve updated first post with two changes. Very happy with this. I know I’ve been refining, but I think it’s very close, if not there now. The movement and overall pace from this change to acceleration feels just right, without sacrificing the benefits from the high sprint speed. It’s not sluggish and movement is more ‘precise’ now. Try to see.

I’m playing with tactical adjustment as well.

Acceleration: 46/48
Power bar: 45 (semi)

@Anth James Very good sliders. Best I played with so far.
My only concern is the following situation, when I'm trying to pass the ball with first touch the ball bounces off the player's foot and lands next to him instead of going to direction where I wanted it to go, it happens too often. I'll try to lower FT control.

@Anth James Very good sliders. Best I played with so far.
My only concern is the following situation, when I'm trying to pass the ball with first touch the ball bounces off the player's foot and lands next to him instead of going to direction where I wanted it to go, it happens too often. I'll try to lower FT control.
Thanks man. Yeah it happens on occasion for me, not too often. Try lowering it a little and that should fix it for you.

Also... I edited the tactics for Chelsea and Norwich to play a friendly but the changes didn't stick when I went into the game?
If you just edit the original team sheet you don’t need to worry about the whole active thing. Hmm I’m not sure why it isn’t saving...

After trying a lot of sets since Fifa 22 launched, the last month or so I am playing with a personal created set that is very similar with yours. I just found your set via the video you uploaded in YouTube. I am really happy that you see the realism as I do. I will definitely give it a try as it is. Our biggest difference is in pass speed, I have it lower for a slower pace game, I have lower height because I found it easy to get in behind (I am not sure for it though), maybe with the tactical adjustment that you made works better. If you like to check it out, I would like to use also lower sprint values, using 55 and I have seen the CB jockey issue maybe twice in a month!Also if you like to explain to me why do you find analogue sprint off that is better?

After trying a lot of sets since Fifa 22 launched, the last month or so I am playing with a personal created set that is very similar with yours. I just found your set via the video you uploaded in YouTube. I am really happy that you see the realism as I do. I will definitely give it a try as it is. Our biggest difference is in pass speed, I have it lower for a slower pace game, I have lower height because I found it easy to get in behind (I am not sure for it though), maybe with the tactical adjustment that you made works better. If you like to check it out, I would like to use also lower sprint values, using 55 and I have seen the CB jockey issue maybe twice in a month!Also if you like to explain to me why do you find analogue sprint off that is better?
Hey great to hear you have a similar idea.

I really like what the higher sprint speed does to the mentality of the CPU, it makes them very active in their mentality, leaves you no place to hide. I find for me at 70+ it kicks in nicely.

In terms of analogue sprint, I like it off as you can feel a difference between sprint and jog, when it’s on I feel like it just doesn’t engage quite fast enough. It was mainly when I was playing with lower sprint speeds though so I don’t think it’s all that important.

I’ve been having consistently good matches on the current set. I definitely think 46/48 acceleration is doing a good job of slowing the movement down and combined with the new high pass error, it’s been a real game changer for me. First touch separation is much better and I’m seeing so many different outcomes within matches now. This is in overall variety and also in the subtle moments throughout a game. The importance in the way the pass comes in and the way it’s controlled now really adds a depth to the game that wasn’t there before. It’s giving me FIFA 16 reminders in some ways.

...also, I know it’s annoying to make the tactical adjustment, but I maintain that distances/spacing greatly impact CPU behaviour, and with the adjustment it only helps create better, more realistic behaviour.

Last edited:
I was really enjoying my personal set but after playing your set as it is with the tactical adjustment, I have to say that the games where absolutely great!!! Really intense games, the Cpu AI had great variety in attack , realistic stats, the best experience I had so far with a set. The only change I made was to pass error for the user because I play on FUMA. Tested only in the EPL. Afterwards I made some personal preference adjustments,lowered a bit sprint speed, pass speed for a more realistic pace, lowered cpu marking to have more 50/50 balls and miss balls. Also I put power bar at 42 so you will need a bit more time to execute your pass or shot. If you like test out these changes because the game felt also great and more realistic to my eyes. For me the base of the set is great and the tactical adjustment a must do!

I was really enjoying my personal set but after playing your set as it is with the tactical adjustment, I have to say that the games where absolutely great!!! Really intense games, the Cpu AI had great variety in attack , realistic stats, the best experience I had so far with a set. The only change I made was to pass error for the user because I play on FUMA. Tested only in the EPL. Afterwards I made some personal preference adjustments,lowered a bit sprint speed, pass speed for a more realistic pace, lowered cpu marking to have more 50/50 balls and miss balls. Also I put power bar at 42 so you will need a bit more time to execute your pass or shot. If you like test out these changes because the game felt also great and more realistic to my eyes. For me the base of the set is great and the tactical adjustment a must do!
Fantastic! I’m glad I’m not the only one haha. Good you can make your own adjustments as they work for you too.

What value did you put cpu marking on? I’m away for a couple of days, but I’ll give it a go when I’m back. I’ll try 42 power bar also, I like that thinking.

Last edited:
Fantastic! I’m glad I’m not the only one haha. Good you can make your own adjustments as they work for you too.

What value did you put cpu marking on? I’m away for a couple of days, but I’ll give it a go when I’m back. I’ll try 42 power bar also, I like that thinking.
Cpu marking at 58

Back
Top Bottom