Anth's FIFA 22 Next-Gen Simulation Sliders/Tactical Adjustment (16/05/22)

Is it? I think it is. It has been i default everywhere I look but good to know what it is. I'll have to check tomorrow.

I'll give your sliders a whirl tomorrow. Trying to see what I settle on for a career while I take a break from online. Been having great games but also some frustrating ping pong crap on WC ( maybe your line settings help with this). I'm just tired of seeing the ai dance all over my box and do side steps until they get a shot.

I wish I could make professional more challenging as the ai acts more natural.

Quick question do you play with competitor mode on or off. Off just seems to be more assisted and seeing how everyone here is of the fuma crowd i wonder if this affects anything else besides the assists to the gameplay
I play with Competitor Mode switched off. In terms of ping ponging around the box, you’ll probably see it a bit also, but less on WC than on Legendary. I haven’t touched the AI passing speed or error but the congestion of the pitch helps with it somewhat.

See this post below from the FIFA 22 console thread:

(In short, Career Mode has its own attributes system where they are boosted by training, morale etc. - all of which are visible in the player's profiles, with the pluses next to each affected line. You can skip training etc. but the AI will get the boosts, so for balance, you need them too.)
Thanks Chris. Classic really slows things down a whole lot! Even with 75/75 sprint.

Thanks Chris. Classic really slows things down a whole lot! Even with 75/75 sprint.
Just goes to show that the FUT "chemistry" system they are forcing on us (via "default" attributes, and via the boosting in Career Mode which is basically the same thing) ruins the gameplay, by speeding it up to a ridiculous level.

Honestly, I predict it won't be long before we don't have the choice to select "classic".

Still having a lot of fun with your sliders (plus a little modification I'll talk about below). Had probably the three best games in a long while:

FIFA 22.jpg
FIFA 22 (1).jpg
FIFA 22 (2).jpg

all very different from each other, as numbers should already tell. A nice, thrilling 3-2 victory in the first against Athletic Bilbao, a surprisingly stucked loss 1-0 against Getafe and a loss against Valencia which simply dominated me. The Getafe game in particular impressed me, they conceded me really little and were very good in closing me down, defending their only goal - must be both sliders and their tactics working really well togheter.

Regarding the change I made, yesterday I casually read a guy on the OS thread hightening marking at 75; tried it (on this same games of course) and really liked the feel so far, when the midifeld was already (seemingly) congested and tight enough as it was against Getafe but also Valencia, the pressure felt on point to me.

Still having a lot of fun with your sliders (plus a little modification I'll talk about below). Had probably the three best games in a long while:

all very different from each other, as numbers should already tell. A nice, thrilling 3-2 victory in the first against Athletic Bilbao, a surprisingly stucked loss 1-0 against Getafe and a loss against Valencia which simply dominated me. The Getafe game in particular impressed me, they conceded me really little and were very good in closing me down, defending their only goal - must be both sliders and their tactics working really well togheter.

Regarding the change I made, yesterday I casually read a guy on the OS thread hightening marking at 75; tried it (on this same games of course) and really liked the feel so far, when the midifeld was already (seemingly) congested and tight enough as it was against Getafe but also Valencia, the pressure felt on point to me.
Brilliant man. Solid stats in those games and shot count is in a good place.

I’m away for a few days but I’ll give 75 marking a go for sure when I’m back. I was using 77 for quite a while on an earlier set so it shouldn’t cause problems. As you said, when the pitch is tighter anyway, additional marking shouldn’t create issues because the distances are closer.

I’m back after a few days away and I’m looking to refine this set!

Those of you (if any) playing with these, could you try Width at 10/10 and see what you think? Make sure you’re on Classic attributes if you’re in Kick-Off mode as this means you can’t just skip by your defender with ease like Default attributes (especially with a fast winger).

Classic slows things down to a much more realistic pace (even on 75/75 sprint) and it means that the wings protect themselves better. My thinking is this lets us close the width some more to try and create more of a midfield battle and realistic shape to get through. It should also make it more difficult for the CPU to pass their way through you to the edge of the box too much.

I’m just wanting opinions on if it’s too narrow now and if there’s a negative impact on tactics and variety. From my short tests so far it seems quite nice, lots more interceptions and tightness, with more of a passing game in different areas of the pitch. I really find width adjustments are a very key feature to improve the overall realism of gameplay in many ways, and it doesn’t seem to impact flow or AI variety much/at all - but feedback appreciated.

Oh and if you have feedback could you let me know if you’re playing with any differences to the set.

Gonna give these a try. Thanks. So OP set but with width at 10.
If I play shorter halves do you have any adjustments for it?
Yeah that’s it man. I’d say for shorter halves the best adjustment you could make is just to open the width up haha. Maybe try 10/10 just for a while to see how you find it. I’m working on a setting with line length which could be very good. A variation of this may help you too actually, but I need some more time with it to figure out the most effective values first. Hopefully an update tomorrow.

After more testing I’m going to keep width at 35/35. It just seems more balanced overall and there’s more opportunities for different outcomes on the pitch, while still keeping things pretty tight. 10/10 was good in some ways, but the build up became quite similar in every game. 35/35 allows for more freedom to create, more freedom to make space in every area of the pitch.

After more testing I’m going to keep width at 35/35. It just seems more balanced overall and there’s more opportunities for different outcomes on the pitch, while still keeping things pretty tight. 10/10 was good in some ways, but the build up became quite similar in every game. 35/35 allows for more freedom to create, more freedom to make space in every area of the pitch.

My sliders have been pretty settled since we last tinkered around. I'm not seeing any glaring issues at the moment. Back line still retreat a bit further than I'd like at times and there's the cpu pinging it around in the box problem. I think that can be solved by some combo of pass speed and pass error though.

If 1st touch slider worked would help with this also.

I've made some good progress today with the set. Keep in mind the set should be used as a whole and individual values won't necessarily provide the same experience but I've found that lowering marking has made a big difference.

I've been working on improving the midfield experience and I've found that with the below adjustments, I'm seeing definite improvement in a few areas.

With a lower marking value, I'm finding that the distances that the CPU now stand when you're on the ball is far better (for the most part). They're not so close that you can easily turn them anymore, and there's less charging in for no reason (not perfect, but better) - they now provide enough distance to jockey you and force you sideways or backwards.

Less gaps appear as a result and it makes the midfield more interesting. I'm seeing much lower shot counts and more engaging exchanges throughout the pitch. I haven't seen a real disadvantage from my tests so far to make me think that the CPU aren't tracking at all or giving up the chase etc either. Again, this is in combination with the rest of the set, so the high sprint speed I'm sure plays some role.

The other advantage I'm seeing with a lower marking value is the CPUs build up is less 'hyper'. I'm wanting to reduce that edge of the box 'dancing' and ping pong that goes on and with my AI defenders applying less constant pressure it seems to help the CPU relax a little. The team shape is preserved better throughout the pitch and I'm seeing more passing backwards in midfield, even in defence now. CPU is holding the ball much better, I’m seeing much higher possession stats from them.

The lower marking also helps with the defensive retreat as a whole as there's less times when the defenders will track those runs (although it isn't fixed completely).

The width and FB adjustments seem to help also. My thinking is by getting the FB higher as a base, it provides some additional resistance when you lose possession and helps prolong the defensive retreat as it keeps another defender engaged higher up the pitch. It also lets me make things ever so slightly more narrow as the additional height of the FB means that the CBs spread a little more and cover wide. There's also less 'bunching up' as a whole with this adjustment.

I'm working with the following adjustments now:

Marking: 42/42
Width: 33/33
FB Positioning: 65/65

Also, after spending more time with Classic and Default attributes I've found that 50/50 acceleration is best for Kick-Off mode when playing on Classic.

For career mode and for default attributes stick with 49/49 as the additional boosts keep the fluidity anyway.

Overall I’ll keep testing but I think these changes may stick.

Full set for reference:

World Class, Slow/Normal, 10 min halves

Manual/Semi (Analogue sprint off)

Sprint Speed: 75/75
Acceleration: 49/49 (career mode) (50/50 when using Classic attributes in kickoff)
Shot Error: 58/58
Pass Error: 50/50
Shot Speed: 50/50
Pass Speed: 50/50
Injury Frequency: 75/75
Injury Severity: 25/25
GK Ability: 50/50
Run Frequency: 50/50
Line Height: 50/50
Line Length: 50/50
Line Width: 33/33
First Touch Error: 95/95

Power bar: 55-60 (for manual)
50 (for semi)

Last edited:
Testing pass error at 58/58. Didn’t really want to touch this value, but I’m hoping with everything else in place it won’t stunt the CPU attack too much. I’m just wanting to keep slowing down the CPU directness but without taking away any fluidity. I’m testing 58/58 to match it with shot error..

Edit: So far I’m liking it! It’s having the desired effect of slowing down the directness. I haven’t seen a difference in variety so far. Seeing long shots, balls through lines, lobbed balls over the top, crosses and CPU still using space if it’s there. I opened up width to 34/34 just to encourage play through the middle a touch more. I think for 10 min halves like I play, 50/50 is just a bit too direct for my liking.

The contextual errors in passing and touch are very welcomed on 58/58.

I feel like this set is starting to come together now. Full set below for reference.

//

Acceleration: 49/49 (career mode) (50/50 when using Classic attributes in kickoff)
Pass Error: 58/58
Shot Speed:
50/50
Run Frequency:
50/50
Line Width: 34/34
First Touch Error:
95/95

50 (for semi)

Last edited:
The way things are standing I’m keeping the changes of 58/58 pass error and 34/34 width. Really enjoying it. I feel like I can settle into a longer match and not feel constantly like there’s just direct attacks every 5 seconds. I think these adjustments work well with the changes from yesterday.

The last area I’d like to focus on at this point is the super human goalkeepers. This might take a bit longer to find the right value, but I’m testing 40/40 at the moment. I know it might lead to some odd scenarios but let’s see. So far, I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary, just a bit more human and organic saves and goals. I’d rather goals that should be goals - be goals instead of fake low scores!

I feel the way the rest of the set is shaping up in terms of positioning and midfield we can afford to make the keepers more realistic. It adds to the intensity and unpredictability on the pitch if you can't rely on your keeper to bail you out too often.

Last edited:
Hey anth gave these a try in my career mode, unfortunately they didn't play as well for me. Don't know if it's because I'm in 5/6 min games and the AI felt the need to get to score but I did experience some ping pong. I will try most of your set with os sliders hlw, as this seems to make the ai make more mistakes.
I had try increase the marking 42, for me was a little too open when I played but I think your are on to something with the lower marking

Thanks for the sliders let me know if you update anything

Last edited:
Hey anth gave these a try in my career mode, unfortunately they didn't play as well for me. Don't know if it's because I'm in 5/6 min games and the AI felt the need to get to score but I did experience some ping pong. I will try most of your set with os sliders hlw, as this seems to make the ai make more mistakes.
I had try increase the marking 42, for me was a little too open when I played but I think your are on to something with the lower marking

Thanks for the sliders let me know if you update anything
No worries man. Ping pong is the hardest thing to get rid of I think, especially without taking away fluidity of the gameplay.

Can I ask how you found it more open? For me I feel like for the most part the gameplay is much tighter now with less gaps opening up, although I do think sometimes in the duel the CPU can be a little bit passive to make the challenge with lower marking. I'm testing giving the CPU a +1 Acceleration advantage at the moment and that's making them much more aggressive in that department.

I still can't quite get rid of the dumb charge in the CPU does sometimes. They often do it on counter attacks and you can just turn and run at times - bypassing the midfield in transition. I think the +1 acceleration may help here too. I hope so anyway. If we can't get them to back off with that charge completely, then my thinking is lets make sure they at least get there on time!

Testing these values with the rest of the set on the initial page:

Acceleration: 49/50
Pass Speed: 45/40
Goalkeepers: 40/40

Last edited:
Testing pass error at 58/58. Didn’t really want to touch this value, but I’m hoping with everything else in place it won’t stunt the CPU attack too much. I’m just wanting to keep slowing down the CPU directness but without taking away any fluidity. I’m testing 58/58 to match it with shot error..

Edit: So far I’m liking it! It’s having the desired effect of slowing down the directness. I haven’t seen a difference in variety so far. Seeing long shots, balls through lines, lobbed balls over the top, crosses and CPU still using space if it’s there. I opened up width to 34/34 just to encourage play through the middle a touch more. I think for 10 min halves like I play, 50/50 is just a bit too direct for my liking.

The contextual errors in passing and touch are very welcomed on 58/58.

I feel like this set is starting to come together now. Full set below for reference.

//

Shot Speed:
50/50
Run Frequency:
50/50
First Touch Error:
95/95

50 (for semi)
Will give this a try a in a minute. Played Fürth vs. Frankfurt just now on v7 and won this 1:2, and was happy with it. 1 red and 1 yellow/red for Fürth looked a tad to much. Around 80% pa for the AI. Will play the same fixture now with your set a couple of times.

Will give this a try a in a minute. Played Fürth vs. Frankfurt just now on v7 and won this 1:2, and was happy with it. 1 red and 1 yellow/red for Fürth looked a tad to much. Around 80% pa for the AI. Will play the same fixture now with your set a couple of times.
Nice man. If you’re trying, try with the few test values I’m looking at below. I’m liking them a lot tonight.

If you’re happy with the OS set then you probably won’t like this set too much! You’ll most likely find it too fast for a couple of games. The movement is faster, but it brings some other subtle benefits such as more ball separation, more intensity. Also, the ability to run freely constantly is more restricted, so for me it balances - but won’t be for everyone!

///

Acceleration: 49/49 TESTING: 49/50
Pass Speed: 50/50 TESTING: 45/40
GK Ability: 50/50 TESTING: 40/40

50 (for semi)

Last edited:
No worries man. Ping pong is the hardest thing to get rid of I think, especially without taking away fluidity of the gameplay.

Can I ask how you found it more open?

Goalkeepers: 40/40

There were a couple of goals that the defense just werent reacting so it was a bit defense -> shot; then defense-> shot. i upped the marking a bit and played better. I will give these new ones a try. Quick question do you try them in kickoff or in career. \How are you finding keepers at 40? Lately for me they were superhuman but @49 they have been ok.
Gonna try your new set and give you some feedback. Thanks as always, I actually think the lower pass speed will help

Man this game really needs a slider save function to backup sliders......

There were a couple of goals that the defense just werent reacting so it was a bit defense -> shot; then defense-> shot. i upped the marking a bit and played better. I will give these new ones a try. Quick question do you try them in kickoff or in career. \How are you finding keepers at 40? Lately for me they were superhuman but @49 they have been ok.
Gonna try your new set and give you some feedback. Thanks as always, I actually think the lower pass speed will help

Man this game really needs a slider save function to backup sliders......
I’ve mainly been testing on kick-off mode with classic attributes now. It gives no boosts so I thought it might be more accurate to stats. What about you?

I’ve enjoyed GK at 40 so far. I haven’t seen 1 howler and I’m seeing some nice/different blocks. Just some shots they’d save on 50 have been goals but I wanted a more human keeper. I want good goal scoring positions to give the edge to the attacker and I don’t feel like that on default. I think fifa has always been a bit this way with keepers. If I start noticing some really weird things then I’ll up it.

Haha I know, it’s a chore adjusting those things all the time!

Maybe you are right. I tried it with CM abd that fluctuates too much with the attributes. Will give them a go. Again: recommendation for shorter half? Higher width?

Maybe you are right. I tried it with CM abd that fluctuates too much with the attributes. Will give them a go. Again: recommendation for shorter half? Higher width?
The more I think about it, keep width at 34. So much of the set is tied to width, including that marking value. You’ll probably also find it faster and the midfield won’t be as interesting at a higher width. The lower width keeps things more congested and it balanced out some of the higher sprint speed and helps a lot with distances.

Maybe try shot error back on 50 actually. Might give you more of the overall idea of the set but in theory there should be more goals.

Last edited:
Very slight adjustment of GK to 41/41. I think it's slightly better balanced now. There's better timing and connection on blocks and long range saves.

Also, slight increase in marking to 45/45.

Overall pretty happy where the set is at now. It's not perfect for sure, but I'm having some really good matches and enjoying the game a lot. Hoping to not have to play around too much from here...but we'll see haha.

-World Class, Slow, 10 min halves
-Classic Attributes in Kick-Off mode
-Manual/Semi (Competitor Switch off, Jockey Manual, Analogue Sprint off, Pass Block Assistance off)

Sprint Speed:
75/75
GK Ability: 41/41 (If this isn’t for you revert to 50/50)
Marking: 45/45
Power bar: 50 (for semi)
55-75 (for manual) User preference here.

Last edited:
One value I'm testing today, with promising results so far is an increase in Run Frequency: 75/75.

The idea is to see if it can help reduce the AI ping-pong by creating some more movement around the box and encourage the CPU to make some different passes/present different spaces instead of reverting to fast ping-pong.

It's also helped with more creative movement and goal scoring chances/midfield play, and I haven't found it to be too 'streaky' or just constant runs all over the place. I think it improves enjoyment over the pitch, there’s a bit more happening in general. I think the lower marking value and narrow width works well with it. I'll keep testing...

Last edited:
Trying to work on the deep defensive retreat a little...

I just played a match with my sliders, but height slider to 100/100, tactical adjustment of depth to 100 for both teams and all defenders on both teams to ‘step up’ instruction. It doesn’t solve the problem of runners tracking, but it does help some and the higher base position does definitely help the midfield. Played Real v AC, 10 min halves, world class. Match ended 1-0 (I lost), 6 shots to 11 only. MUCH more of a midfield battle.

Tactics - Depth definitely has an impact on height, more so than slider from what I can tell.

Interesting test anyway.

EDIT: After some more matches, there is a clear improvement to the midfield game and congestion with these settings. I know going into tactics probably isn’t ideal for some, but it does help and is a very quick and easy fix to make. I’m thinking there might be a range for the tactical depth setting that allows for variety so each team still looks and plays different. Possibly 70-100 type range - 70 being a team that typically sits deep, 100 a team with a very high line. Teams tactical approaches can remain varied too, it’s just that depth and step up instruction that help.

I haven’t found the space behind the line very exploitable, even at 100 - although you do need to be careful sometimes.

I want to keep trying it to see how it holds up over a period of time though with different teams etc.

Last edited:
Nice man. If you’re trying, try with the few test values I’m looking at below. I’m liking them a lot tonight.

If you’re happy with the OS set then you probably won’t like this set too much! You’ll most likely find it too fast for a couple of games. The movement is faster, but it brings some other subtle benefits such as more ball separation, more intensity. Also, the ability to run freely constantly is more restricted, so for me it balances - but won’t be for everyone!

///

Acceleration: 49/49 TESTING: 49/50
Pass Speed: 50/50 TESTING: 45/40
GK Ability: 50/50 TESTING: 40/40

50 (for semi)
as i said, i was playing with your set last weekend. did not try out those TESTING values but stayed with the ones listed above.
and you are absolutly spot on, evaluating my personal situation. i do like the slower paced OS sliders better but i enjoyed your set as well.
not that you set is bad or something, far from that; it just plays different and i know what i want from this game.

i'd say i am a very sensitive person when it comes to gameplay changes, but i can easily think of you having developed an even more sensitive and detailed feeling for that stuff. you should be more sensitive on a @Matt10 level of sensitivity! :LOL:

think ill just keep on playing the game now... time is sparse, the game is fun... i'm good.
will surely watch the sliders evolvement on the side. you guys doing great work for the community! :WORSHIP: keep it up! :APPLAUD:

@Anth James yes yes yes with your adjustments I agree with gk at 41 bc the stuff they are saving is unreal, but at the same time they let some balloon softy shots in. Marking as well I'm enjoying 45 and RF at 75 had produced some nice not frantic results.

Back
Top Bottom