Anime/Manga Thread

I looked this up a while back when I was interested in the series and found that it doesn't really add anything to the story, so you could just watch it at the end of the series.

Fantastic soundtrack though and just overall one of the coolest things I've ever watched.

Cheers

Checked out attack on titan, Fuck me that's awesome! Love it

Wit
Just watched episode 5. I'm stunned. Just wow.

Last edited:
Yeah. I was sat stunned for a good 20 minutes after. I'm now up to episode 21... I think. I love that each episode ends on a cliff hanger but without it feeling forced. Though the odd few don't have the cliffhanger end and can drift a little from the main story.
I wouldn't say I lost interest in it but there were a few episodes where I didn't feel as compelled to watch the next ASAP as with other episodes. But it's all character building and the way people die left and right.... It's good they do spend that time making you love each new face.

More people NEED to watch it.

Yeah. I was sat stunned for a good 20 minutes after. I'm now up to episode 21... I think. I love that each episode ends on a cliff hanger but without it feeling forced. Though the odd few don't have the cliffhanger end and can drift a little from the main story.
I wouldn't say I lost interest in it but there were a few episodes where I didn't feel as compelled to watch the next ASAP as with other episodes. But it's all character building and the way people die left and right.... It's good they do spend that time making you love each new face.

More people NEED to watch it.

I finally found time to finish the season, where are you at with it?

Also I need to find something to watch now, heard good things about Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate so might start up on that.

Oh Titan, I reached around episode 8 and forgot about it!

Ha thanks for reminding me!

I finished the first series of Titan last night.

I think..
the ending could have maybe ended on a cliffhanger/teaser some more. It felt like it trailed off a little after the big fight. I have no idea what's coming in series 2 but I do wish they had at least teased someone else bring a titan or she'd a tiny glimpse at the armoured titans origin or anything.

I also found the jump from 23 to 24 a bit jarring. (I think they're the two episodes I'm thinking of). One second Eren is in a wagon Injured then next they're trying to get Annie underground. I felt like if missed a full episode by mistake.

But overall I loved it.

I'd love to see a video game made for this. I had a look and saw there's a DS game but I expected its a bit limited. Also read there is an iOS game coming where you're an outside village and have to build defences up against titans. Hopefully it's not too focused on in app purchases though.

Oh Titan, I reached around episode 8 and forgot about it!

Ha thanks for reminding me!

You won't forget it again in a hurry, I promise :P

I finished the first series of Titan last night.

I think..
the ending could have maybe ended on a cliffhanger/teaser some more. It felt like it trailed off a little after the big fight. I have no idea what's coming in series 2 but I do wish they had at least teased someone else bring a titan or she'd a tiny glimpse at the armoured titans origin or anything.

I also found the jump from 23 to 24 a bit jarring. (I think they're the two episodes I'm thinking of). One second Eren is in a wagon Injured then next they're trying to get Annie underground. I felt like if missed a full episode by mistake.

But overall I loved it.

I'd love to see a video game made for this. I had a look and saw there's a DS game but I expected its a bit limited. Also read there is an iOS game coming where you're an outside village and have to build defences up against titans. Hopefully it's not too focused on in app purchases though.

Reply to spoiler:
I think it was intended to end like that, deliberately cut off without cliffhangers. Just a here is what we have found out this series, and what we have achieved. I kinda liked it, instead of leaving us in the dark on what could happen next season they have basically told us that this is what it will be (Other titans being exposed as humans and maybe some more teasing of the goddamn basement :P). But we still can't be sure exactly what will be still to come.

The jump was confusing at first, and I was a bit stunned. But then it was a good twist that we were also in the dark on the operation, the show played it well that we had been led to believe one thing (exactly the same as the Military Police) and then boom, just as everyone else actually in the show was we were caught of guard!

The idea of a game sounds promising, I feel the iOS game will be too much like every other civilisation building game, but could still be fun to invest in a little. Maybe after a couple more seasons they could do a console game, I would love to have a go at flying around on the 3D gear!

Anyone here watching that new(ish) anime "No Game, No Life"? It's a weird one from the first episode but I like it.

Can't wait for AOT to return, been watching Full Metal Alchemist recently and I have to say I can't see why so many anime fans hold it in such high esteem. It is good but I doubt it will make my top 5 at this rate.

Thought I would not seen a topic about Anime here. Well, I'll have a chance later to talk about my favorites and any new stuff

Can't wait for AOT to return, been watching Full Metal Alchemist recently and I have to say I can't see why so many anime fans hold it in such high esteem. It is good but I doubt it will make my top 5 at this rate.

Went digging for a date ... and it seems it was a hoax :(
No AoT this July

Attack on titan question

Does anyone know how the tv series and novels line up with each other? I can't wait for series 2... I just want to pick up the books and read them

Attack on titan question

Does anyone know how the tv series and novels line up with each other? I can't wait for series 2... I just want to pick up the books and read them

In my opinion, always go all in when reading or watching something. There is always the off chance that something will be different or more details are needed so basically read all the chapters ;)

Took your advice and jumped in at the start. There are a couple of slightly different scenes or extra parts but for the most part its identical.

Chapter 9 is an odd omission from the tv series. As I the scene missing from the end of series 1 involving the wall. That would have a great way to end the series.

But I've just blitzed the rest of the chapters up to 59. The story kinda drifts off a little and I wasn't so keen on where it was going... But I'm still loving the overall story and cant wait for chapter 69.

So I finished full metal alchemist brotherhood about a week or two ago now. Loved every moment of it. I wanted more though, more about what happened to everyone. But still. Awesome.

Started hunter x hunter now after hearing about the for a while now. I'm about 16 episodes in maybe? But its great as well.

I don't think I've ever really watched anime/manga before. I've heard of the likes of Akira etc, but where would you recommend as a starting point?

Edit: Just noticed Attack On Titan is on Netflix so I'll watch that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shows like attack on titan are a great way in. Its just a straight story with none (that I recall) of the pervy boob jiggling or overly cartoon like bits when someone has a bubble coming out of their nose etc.

The USA Netflix has more anime than UK. They have a section just for it too.

You could also try Trigun. It has a few cartoons silly bits but I loved the story and trigun himself and it gets pretty serious/dark once shit gets going. Its looking a bit dated now which is probably it's only negative. Wolfwood is one of my favourite characters in this. Its got plenty of action, stories, good humour and mystery.

Full metal alchemist is amazing. Its 5 seasons so its got great length without feeling too long. I don't want to say too much and spoil anything or you. Action, some humour, good vs evil, fantastic characters...tons of them.

I wish I could go back and watch these again for the first time.

Well, Attack In Titan is ... bizarre! Watched the first episode and it was pretty creepy by the end!

The looks on the titan's faces or something else? Quite a few have that odd empty headed smile. The first few episodes are a slight drag in a way. It sets up lots of the story, with the ending of the first episode being one huge factor. The next few focus on them training to make into into the corps. So it can kinda feel like not a lot is going on and it's going to ages before the action hits. But I think episode 4 picks up the pace and then 5 blows your mind and then it snowballs.

Yep, the faces with the tendons showing and the smile. Urgh!

I started watching Death Note last week. I think I'm on episode 18 at the moment. Ive heard spoilers about it so I'm aware of what's coming. I've also heard it gets worse at time goes on, but a season 1 is great.

It's pretty good though.

It's bloody awesome! The mind games are fabulous. Still one of my favourite animes :D I also love the soundtrack.

I finished death note last night. I thought for a second the 2nd to last episode was the end of the series and it would be a long wait to find out what happened. That was some cliffhanger.

In one way I was gutted it was finished, but at the same time I appreciate the story they told.

Next up I think I'll stat cowboy bebop properly. I got 3 epiodes in the last time I tried but then work and the mass of games that lasunch around Christmas got in the way

I know what I'm going to suggest is a very old anime by now, but since most of us, if not all, are football fans then how about try Captain Tsubasa? It's old like I said but filled with the usual Japanese OTT fantasy and passion plus it's football :)

Tbh, it's one of the very main reasons that got me into football as a child. From what I recall, Zidane, Del Piero, Totti, Torres were massive fans too.

I also believe Japan's football was affected by this anime. Japan's football was basically bad before this, so you can say that anime marked a before and after for Japanese football. I think it was a big part of a big plan to transform Japan into a Football power. The Japanese really love their animes.

Last edited:
I'll have a look out for that :)

I've just started watching Steins;Gate tonight. Currently paused halfway through episode 3. I was a bit confused and lost in the technical ramblings for most of the first episode but it's slid into place now so I'm enjoying it. Onlyb1 season on uk netflix though, I'm hoping there's more after that and it's not just a 1 season thing with no season 2 date like AOT.

Cowboy bebop. This time I got to episode 5 and my interest fizzled. I'm not sure why but it's just not grabbing me :(

Back
Top Bottom