2010 FIFA World Cup Enhanced Edition

*aLe

World Cup Winner
 
Joined
30 August 2005
Location
Lombardia
Team
NOT Lombardia NA.
1790537637071.png​

Hello everybody! It's with great pleasure that I post this content also here. This is pretty much a love declaration to one of the best football games ever released. Despite it being (as of now) 16 years old, it still shines in many, many aspects and I really want it to be preserved. I started this little project to make this game closer to what it should have been since the beginning.
This little mod (because it is little despite being difficult in some aspects, as it almost only takes care of the graphic side of the game) started as a personal project with my PS3 copy of the game (which I dumped and started playing in RPCS3). Then it was migrated to Xenia to avoid the "jerseynames" bug that still affects the game on RPCS3. Then, @Vndrew joined and brought it to a new level, adding a lot of faces and minifaces to players which had generic ones in the game, and adding the latest squad update (so players like for example Pedro and Özil, who were absent in the first release of the game, are now part of their teams).

1790538063831.png​

PLEASE NOTE: The link above allows you to download the "FULL" version of the mod. It is the most complete version, which includes also all the faces converted by @Vndrew to which goes my sincere "thank you" for what he's done for this game (way more than I did).

A link to the original version of the mod (the "LITE" version which only included kits and kitnumbers) will still be available here below:
https://mega.nz/file/ILokFJ4D#yxqDbFlv17lMnscc1zdLW72M6Dzq9QxmAg32Yeg70XU


What's been done so far:
  • Licensed kits for Chile and North Korea (the ones provided by EA in the update were inaccurate if not completely wrong)
  • Licensed GK kit for Honduras, some details on their kits added by EA in the update fixed
  • Licensed kitnumbers for the finalist teams that didn't have them, some kitnumbers had wrong colourway (like Spain away and Uruguay home) and have been fixed
  • Proper GK kits added to all the teams that had licensed 2010 home and away kits but that didn't have a goalkeeper kit
  • Proper GK kits added to all the teams that had licensed 2008 home and away kits but that didn't have a matching goalkeeper kit (for example, but not limited to, England, Romania, Greece, Czech Republic, South Korea)
  • Full qualifiers sets to Norway, Poland and Switzerland with kits taken from older FIFA games and/or EURO 2008
  • Puma and adidas 2008 kitnumbers have been added to the game and assigned them to the relevant teams. Nike ones (which are specific per team) are planned for a future release
  • The latest squad update has been added directly to the database (NEW! - ONLY FOR FULL VERSION)
  • More than 100 players have now their real face (NEW! - ONLY FOR FULL VERSION)
  • More than 100 new minifaces have been added to the game (NEW! - ONLY FOR FULL VERSION)
Some previews of the kits that have been added or fixed so far:

1790538379466.png1790538390607.png1790538400203.png
1790538443364.png
1790538467444.png
​
This is, on the other hand, a preview of the kitnumbers that have been added. Some of them are taken from other FIFA games and some of them are made by @Skoczek (as stated in the "special thanks" section below):

1790538583640.png​

Should someone tell you that I had downloaded, resized and recoloured USA kitnumbers only to find out that they already had them... He's right.

SPECIAL THANKS (please don't get upset if I missed someone, just let me know and I'll update the list):
@Vndrew for suggesting some useful things that made my life easier while modding and for converting faces (without him the "FULL" version wouldn't have been possible)
@Sami 1999 for starting the "FIFA emulation" thread and for giving some valuable advice on how to get the best performance out of Xenia Edge. Along with him, also the crew talking about the topic,
@Skoczek because with his "FIFA World Cup Rewind" mods gave me the inspiration to play the 2010 World Cup again, for the suggestions and for letting me use many kitnumbers he made (which he kindly shared after using them for his project),
Rinaldo for his advice on moving kit hotspots (I would've never succeeded without his help!) and for the tools I've been using,
tokke001 for giving advice on minikits (I couldn't handle them yet, but... I'll try again soon!) and, of course, for FIFA Converter which has proved vital for exporting and importing textures,
GastorYT for offering to help with minikits. I'll be back to you soon!
@matric96 and all the people who posted in the "Research and documentation" thread over at Soccergaming about console editing,
Damien (last but not least) because it's on Soccergaming that this project gained a bit of traction.

Links to both the "FULL" (recommended) and "LITE" versions are located at the top of this post.
If possible I'll try to keep this an "AIO" but small fixes might be released as standalone downloads (which won't require any regenerating).
 
Prerequisites:

  • Using this mod requires that you're at least a bit familiar with Xenia. If you're here, though, I do believe you are.
  • Please make sure you already have installed Xenia on your PC. I'm testing the changes with Xenia Edge, but also Canary should work.
    You can find Xenia Edge here and Xenia Canary here should you need them.

Installation and launch:

  • Download the file from the MEGA link provided in the first post. Possibly I'll also add a MediaFire link in the future (probably split as MediaFire won't allow me to upload files bigger than 5 GB each).
  • Extract the .7z file (Use the password soccergaming when required) whenever you want on your system.
  • With Xenia, launch the default.xex file in the folder
  • The game should now launch exactly as you were launching it off the DVD.

Useful tips:

  • In order to get a better experience and to get rid of some bugs, I am using these overrides in Xenia Edge (thanks @Sami 1999 for the tips):
    1786973492918.png

Known issues (please read):

  • The 2008 Germany home kit has white numbers on a white jersey (so they look almost invisible). I'm currently experiencing issues in editing the DB further so for the moment it stays like that.
    I'll be looking into this (because it also prevents me from editing other kits) and release a fix ASAP.
    Opened: 2026.09.27
  • Minikts for added kits aren't accurate: I can't edit minikits as of now so I decided to take sone of them which had matching colours from FIFA 11 and use those instead.
    I currently don't have a solution for this yet so should I add other kits I'd probably keep using minikits from other FIFA games with matching shirt/shorts colours.
    Opened: 2026.09.27
 
Back
Top Bottom