Your WE/PES All-Time 11

MKC

Garra! Força! Tradição!
16 May 2019
Curitiba, Brazil
Coritiba F.C.
With the recent eFOOTBALL announcement, Konami has officially retired the Winning Eleven/Pro Evolution Soccer names, for some this is simply a rebranding, but for others it's the end of the classic franchise, with it being replaced by a new one altogether. As far as I'm concerned, regardless of how eFOOTBALL turns out to be quality wise, it's not the same anymore, even in previous rebrandings we never had a change in model and direction like this, you could still tell that it was the same as before, just with a new coat of paint.

To celebrate the many years we've enjoyed with this franchise, I thought of something that could be fun, the idea of this thread is to look back on all of the Konami football games you've played, mostly WE/PES, but ISS and others are perfectly fine too, and then choose your favorite formation to play on overall, to build your All-Time 11 on top of it, with players you remember as the best of the best, or just ones that are special to you in a way, either way, the idea is to build your ideal squad, and every player from every Konami football game is at your disposal.

I'm gonna post mine as an example, to get the thread going, for this I've used https://www.buildlineup.com/ but you can use any website you prefer, or none, just writing the players' names down in their respective positions gets the job done just aswell, I've used this site mostly because I like the customization that it allows for the pitch and kits, also allows me to choose substitutes for each position, but that's optional, everything is really, there aren't any rules or anything, just some fun as we all remember fondly of this franchise we hold dear.

First 11
GK: Rim Mi Han (North Korea - PES2012/PES2015)
CB: Mungeroyer (Hjorwesland - PES2012)
CB: Márcio (Coritiba - PES2018)
CB: Lacarlo (Coritiba - PES2015)
DMF: Chaqueiro (Coritiba - PES2015)
DMF: Duffy (ML Youth - PES2012)
RWB: Jang Ko Dong (North Korea - PES2015)
LWB: Caltaros (Coritiba - PES2015)
CAM: Shimizu (ML Youth - PES2012)
CF: Kemalson/Keirrison (Coritiba - PES2015/PES2018)*
CF: Bjoerring (Hjorwesland - PES2012)

*In PES2015 he went by the fake name Kemalson, and got his real name licensed in PES2018, but it's the same player.

Alternative 11
GK: Cjaestvela (Hjorwesland - PES2012)
CB: Orsrabbe (Hjorwesland - PES2012)
CB: Balt (ML Regen - PES2012)
CB: Mauricio (Avaí - PES2018)
DMF: Jaric (ML Defaults - PES2012)
DMF: Bachana (Coritiba - PES2015)
RWB: Maqualao (ML Defaults Regen - PES2012)
LWB: Voichulerd (ML Defaults Regen - PES2012)
CAM: Ernesville (Hjorwesland - PES2012)
CF: Zezeral (Coritiba - PES2015)
CF: Fouque (ML Defaults - PES2012)

There are many amazing players which were left out, mostly because I've never played with them, since I usually use a small number of teams overall, mostly weak ones aswell, or I didn't play with them enough to have many memories or attachment, a couple of examples I can think of are Roberto Carlos from WE2002 and Ronaldo from WE3FV, which were both stellar, but I didn't play those games enough compared to the ones on the list to the point that I can say they were better, I mean, they were superior players to the ones I chose, but I didn't play much with them, nor did I have any campaigns or titles that I recall which justify their inclusion, unlike the players in the squads above.

Well, I guess that's it, I've already written quite the essay here, can't help it really, when I start writing about something I'm passionate about I just go on and on, but this seems like a decent point to end this post, hopefully we can all have a fun time in this thread, remembering all of the players which brought us joy in the past.

Attachments

• lineup.png
    lineup.png
    97.9 KB · Views: 28
Nice Idea!

I did mine a long long time ago with real players from the teams I would use the most back in the PS2/early PS3 era, here it is:
GK> Frey (Fiorentina - PES6)

CB> Lopez (Cagliari - PES4)
CB> Franceschini (Torino - PES6)
RB> Ujfalusi (Fiorentina - PES6)
LB> Nuno Valente (Portugal - PES5)

DM> Baseggio (Belgium - PES5)
RM> Dossevi (Valenciennes - PES6)
LM> Montolivo (Fiorentina - PES 6)
AM> Parravicini (Treviso - PES5)

CF> Cossato (Chievo - PES6)
CF> Savidan (Caen - PES2009)

SUBS:
GK> Letizi (Rangers - PES6)
DF> D'Anna (Chievo - PES6)
DF> Marchena (Valencia - PES2008)
MF> Lazetic (Torino - PES6)
MF> Zanchetta (Chievo - PES6)
FW> Shearer (Newcastle - PES3)
FW> Zola (Cagliari - PES4)
I used to play with smaller teams and as you can see this shows a lot in this list.
Wow, things have evolved pretty much from there...

Damn, yall are proper PES connoisseur's.

I just wanted to shout-out Nachtegall from the original master league players! Man played like Beckham on right flank! He was such a beast that they nerfed him .. & then changed his name for some reason :BLINK:

Great idea!

My probably stronger team of pure powerhouses from various serious MLs I played (4-3-1-2):

GK: Khan (Pes 5)
RB: J.Zanetti (Pes 2009)
CB: J. Terry (Pes 5)
CB: Palmieri (Pes 2011-youth team)
LB: A. Cole (Pes 5)
CMF: Gerrard (Pes 5)
CMF: Ramires (Pes 2011)
CMF: Essien (Pes 5)
OMF: Pelè (Pes 5)
CF: Adriano (Pes 5)
CF: Ibra (Pes 2009)

Other notable mentions: Cech (GK), Hleb (OMF), Robben (RWF) (all from Pes 5), Van Nisterlooy (CF) (WE 8 LE)

Then, a more "human" (but very good anyway) one, with players I'm really fond of (3-4-1-2):

GK: Burgos (Pes 3)
CB: Couto (Pes 3)
CB: Rane (Pes 2011-WE united regen)
CB: Schmidt (Pes 2011-youth team)
RWB: Karpin (Pes 3)
CMF: Simeone (Pes 5)
CMF: Heycory (Pes 2011-Pes United regen)
LWB: Wiltord (WE6 FE/Pes 3)
OMF: Oscar (Pes 2011-youth team)
SS: Roberto Baggio (Pes 3)
CF: Schwarz (Pes 2011-youth team)

Other notable mentions 2: Oscar Cordoba (GK), Di Biagio (CMF), Vittek (CF) (all from Pes 5), Kallon (CF) (WE7 iirc), Olisadebe (CF) (Pes 2), Zola (WE8 LE/Pes 5). I'm leaving out the defaults cause I'd have to include almost all of them lol. I'm also afraid I'm probably forgetting a ton of other players who served me well.

It is always difficult for me to rate those all-time best of the best, i am terrible at cherry picking. Also after all those patches i have mixed memories, about who was official player and who custom.

I will go with 2 squads, one from old pes to 2013 and one from 2015 to today. And even then i can't define for sure all time, cause in that case anyone who played the old PES games in ML, should pick for sure Babaginda and Roberto Lacros!

So old gen, 4-2-1-3 formation:
GK: Craig Gordon (pes5/Scotland NT)
CB: Kompany (pes 5)
CB: Ryan Shawcross (PES 2011)
RB: A. Vanden Borre (PES 5)
LB: Taiwo (Nigeria)
DMF: Miguel Veloso (PES 2012)
CMF: Sulley Muntari (PES 2010)
AMF: Pablo Aimar (PES 5/6)
LWF: Silvestre Varela (pes 2011)
RWF: Niculae Mitea (Ajax PES 5/6)
CF: Giampaolo Pazzini (PES 2011)

PeS 2015-≥PES 2021, 4-2-1-3 again.
GK: Luis Sotomayor (Deportes Iquique)
CB: Leo Pereira (Flamengo)
CB: Can't decide,some italian regen usually, one of Barzagli, Chiellini, Dainelli Bonucci,
RB: João Pedro (Bahia)
LB: Can't decide!!!!!! :)
DMF: Danilo Barbosa
CMF: Neto Moura ( Recife in pes 2016, current Vila Nova or Ponte Preta) or Erick Aguirre (PES2016 Monarcas Morelia, current Pachuca player)
AMF: Lucian Sanmartean (PES 2018, Romania)
RWF: Gabriel Barbosa"Gabigol" or Piti (PES 2017)
LWF: O. Berrio (ex Flamengo) or Z. Bakkali (Anderlecht, on loan to Beerschot) Or Joaquin (Real Betis)
CF: Roger Martinez (PES 2014 Racing Club, current CF America) or Aduriz (regen Bilbao legend), Or Pazzini (again).

Last edited:
LB: Can't decide!!!!!! :)
I had this feeling a lot when choosing my squad, happy to see that I'm not alone in this, when we have so many players that we're fond of in so many positions, it's almost inevitable that there's gonna be at least one which is almost impossible to choose, or that feeling of commiting an injustice by leaving a player out even if he did so much for us, it's why I even did the substitute squad too, those guys deserved at least an honorable mention. For me the LWB position was the worst, leaving Ki Kanjo (North Korea - PES2012) out of both squads didn't feel right.

I had this feeling a lot when choosing my squad, happy to see that I'm not alone in this, when we have so many players that we're fond of in so many positions, it's almost inevitable that there's gonna be at least one which is almost impossible to choose, or that feeling of commiting an injustice by leaving a player out even if he did so much for us, it's why I even did the substitute squad too, those guys deserved at least an honorable mention. For me the LWB position was the worst, leaving Ki Kanjo (North Korea - PES2012) out of both squads didn't feel right.
It is really difficult cause, speaking outside of Master League there a lot world class players that everyone knows. Inside master league, the game usually throws me a group of recycled regens, although i feel i randomly get always the same group of players.Like Aly Cissokho, or Criscito, even the default EU youth Filtaozinho who i edit always to Fernandinho (fictional player). I really cant decide, every LB with left foot, OPR over 67, good pace and pinpoint cross i feel that does the job, for my style.

I don't know that I could remember a whole team - I'm old, and tired (especially seeing PES taken out to the back and shot, like Konami have done).

But the ones that really stand out in my mind are Tore André Flo, Sodje (because his name sounds like a northener saying "sod ya" and it always made me laugh), Taribo West, Babangida, Eto'o, Batistuta and Hagi (my PES-playing brother-in-law was obsessed with Romania at the time, and it rubbed off a little bit).

All of them from ISS Pro Evo 2, I think (I never loved a PES more than that game, though WE6FE ran it very close).

It was really hard to chose 22 players, but here we go, I'll put the most significant PES for every player for me (some players I used to buy them in more PES editions), and the previous team before mine.

Most of them are from PES 19/20, this because even if I play ML since PES 4 (with a stop from 2010 to 2019, besides PES 2012), I really can't remember my teams back then.

GK - ter Stegen (PES 2012 - Borussia M. - Idk if there was in the game, I used to create manually Bundes players and teams from Pesstats)
LB - Santon (PES 20 - Roma)
CB - Bastoni (PES 20 - Atalanta)
CB - Palmieri (ML Youth)
RB - Giorza (Default ML Europe)
DMF - Blasi (PES 09 - Napoli)
LMF - Giaccherini (PES 19 - Regen)
RMF - Candreva (PES 20 - Regen)
AMF - Menez (PES 20 - Reggina)
CF - Batsuhayi (PES 19 - Not affiliated)
CF - Pellegri (PES 19 - Monaco)

SUBS:

GK - Romagnoli (PES 19 - Roma)
LB - L. Pellegrini (PES 19 - Juventus)
CB - Criscito (PES 20 - Genoa)
CB - Cistana (PES 19 - Brescia)
RB - Schelotto (PES 20 - Atalanta)
DMF - De Rossi (PES 20 - Regen)
LMF - E. Vignato (PES 20 - Frosinone)
RMF - J. Murphy (PES 19 - Regen)
AMF - Brozovic (PES 20 - Inter)
CF - Gutierrez (Default ML Classic)
CF - Ordaz (Default ML Classic)

Attachments

• lineup.png
    lineup.png
    152.9 KB · Views: 8
Can't fully remember all my ML Squad back in WE 2002, I only remember few names such as Tsubasa (Yes, that captain tsubasa), Henry and a guy named Reinhardt (or reinhart ?). I think there used to be a cheap player with good stats, i always buy him everytime i start ML but i forgot his name :SHOCK:

Wow, too hard. But 3 defenders sure, 2 strikers. In fact, i choosed more player i liked IRL than players i was good with... So it's hard to choose.
But the best team i gotted, on PES 3

PES 3/4
3 CB-1 DMF - 2 WB/LMF - 2 AMF - 2 CF

*Sheva Vieri
*Zidane *Totti

*Giggs Nedved
Makelele*
Cannavaro Ferdinand* Thuram*
*Kahn

> That's the best team, but not the players i choosed especially. Half we're italians or Juve players for example.
For exemple : In PES 2 > Chiesa was the player i managed the best from all, as he was very complete.
On PES 1, it was Hasselbaink, with his super power shoot and Batistuta... Of course.

I will try to do it PES5 version. I remember having a lot of my favorite players from the time such as Drogba, and Luca Toni (i always liked very tall CF.... Even tried Ian Koller (very great IRL with the ball btw).
The issue is i don't play that much crossing style so i lost half of their overall strength and potential 😅

*Zidane / Veron
*Totti / Ronaldinho
*Makelele / Davids
*Ferdinand / Stam
*Sheva / Ronaldo
*Giggs / Javier Zanetti
*Thuram / Ivan Cordoba

The others were practically UNTOUCHABLE from my team.
Vieri is the best example : even downgraded on Milan he still on my top players.

We maded a season on PS4 with friend on 6 month (3 matchs every sunday), and i was first scorer with him.
Adriano was far behind, but a good helper with Martins.

Nice Thread bro :TU:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom