Your top 5 football's games

simogto90

League 2
3 January 2023
Hello guys!
What is your top 5 football's games and why?
My one

1-We10le: it's a PS2 Pes with all the goods this means. In my opinion it is the most well rounded PS2 Pes. To me, It has the best ball physics,
Dribbling, shooting and a very good defensive A.i (improved a lot Pes6 one).
It's the game where i have more fun.

2-fifa16: i always liked fifa 16 from its release,but in last year, fixing sliders i really love It.
Its variety,freedom,unpredictabilty is unmatched.. i know many disagree, but i love its ball physics, physical challenges and build up is fun even when nothing is happening.

3-Pes5: to me, Pes5,It is the game with the best physicalty ever and Referee stricness ever. It could be the best PS2 Pes ever and best football game too, but I don't like much its dribbling and offensive a.i.

4-pes2008 PS2: it's the PS2 Pes with the more advanced a.i, but the wild pressing by cpu makes it more cahotic. Plus i don't like much ball physics and passing (it's harder to pass the ball to far players holding X button) and removing of footplanting animation (where there were in Pes5, Pes6,We10le).

5-Fifa11: choose this was hard, because it could been fifa14 too,but i find fifa11 a more balanced game with less exploit.
I find fifa 11 one of the most solid football games ever.

Special mention to Pes 2014,cause i recognize how much potential it had.

1 - Championship Manager / Football Manager Series
Simply put I have spent more time playing these than any other game in history.
If I was as dedicated to life as much as FM, I would now be Prime Minister.

2 - SWOS (Sensible World of Soccer)
Most fun football game ever made - Even to this day the career mode has never been beaten or even touched.
Playing with mates back in the 90s and having tournaments were absolutely great fun.

3 - Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution - Gamecube
Only putting one PES and one FIFA in this and for me this was the pinnacle of the WE / PES games.
For the same reasons having 16 player tournaments round a mates house were the best of times.
As long as you didn't get drawn in the group with the shit tv.

4 - On the Ball World Cup Edition
Management game which IMO was well ahead of it's time with the highlights.
Although after 50 matches everything became the same and you knew if it was ending in a goal or not.

5 - International Superstar Soccer (SNES)
Again spent so much time playing this game back in the day.
If you played it now, it would be absolutely terrible and definitely one to leave to memory.
But back in the early 90s is was so far ahead of its time.

Not put a FIFA in here as although spent a lot of time playing them - Would certainly not class them as being revolutionary.
However if I did FIFA World Cup 2010 would be my choice of the FIFA I enjoyed most.

1. Sensible Soccer (my childhood in a game)
2. PES5 (referee system that worked)
3. PES2009 (memories of last year at uni mostly)
4. This is Football 2002 (teen years and one of the best games for realism and proper youth progression)
5. Ultimate Soccer Manager 98 (other than premier manager, this is one of the first manager games i ever played and i loved it. i didnt like championship manager as much at a young age)

Honourable mention to FIFA 20 with MODS. After I spent so many hours tweaking it, i finally got it to a place close to PES5 in terms of fun mixed with realism.

Back
Top Bottom