Last edited:
Re: Your FIFA World Cup 2014 - XII Dream Team

-----------Howard
Aurier-Kompany--Silva-Lahm
--------Pirlo--Pogba
-------Messi--James
-Robben---Mueller--Sanchez

Navas; Debuchy, Gonzalez, De Vrij, Blind; Pogba, Matuidi; James, Özil; Robben, Messi

1034477_World_Cup_2014_Team.jpg

Last edited:

Why everyone votes for Howard? :D
He did one great game, but all shoots he had to save there were shoots every goalkeeper should have saved imo. He just had the "luck" that his defence was such bad to let the Belgiums create that many chances.

Mine is:

Neuer (or Navas)

Lahm - Yepes - Medel - Armero

Pirlo - Rios

Robben - Müller - James

Gyan

Some good shouts there, completely forgot about Carlos Sánchez and Juan Cuadrado. Both had excellent tournaments. Rafik Halliche impressed me too.

---------------------------Neuer--------------------------------
-----------Debuchy - Thiago Silva - David Luiz ----------
----------- ----------- Pirlo - Pogba---------------------------
--------------------Messi - James Rodriguez--------------
------------Robben - Benzema - Neymar ------------------

Some good shouts there, completely forgot about Carlos Sánchez and Juan Cuadrado. Both had excellent tournaments. Rafik Halliche impressed me too.

Damn. I Just remembered Aurier, he should be in there instead of Yépes.

All your teams are disqualified for not adhering to the rules.

Why everyone votes for Howard? :D
He did one great game, but all shoots he had to save there were shoots every goalkeeper should have saved imo. He just had the "luck" that his defence was such bad to let the Belgiums create that many chances.

Exactly my thoughts. Ochoa, Navas and Neuer (in that order) were the three best keeper in this WC for me.

Matuidi would be on my bench...amazing player this tournament.

Navas, Hummels, Sakho and Baines are Kosovar? Didn't know that.

PIPA I believe there is a typo in the title, or maybe did you wanted to include a coach too? :)
(seriously, it can be a nice idea)

My Team:
--------------------------- Neuer -----------------------------
---------------- Hummels - T.Silva - Yepes ----------------
----------------------Herrera - Pogba------------------------
--------------------T.Müller - J.Rodriguez--------------------
-------------------Robben - Messi - Neymar ----------------
Manager: Pinto

Last edited:
Formation: 3-5-2

----------------------------Müller------------------------------
-------------------------------Messi----------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Blind-----------James--------Schweinsteiger----------Lahm
--------------------------Mascherano--------------------------
--------------Hummels--------------Kompany----------------
----------------------------Medel------------------------------
----------------------------Neuer------------------------------

Manager: Jorge Sampaoli​

Last edited:
95% of this world cup are done, so this last 5% should not change that much.
And it is the dream team of the World Cup not just the semi finals and finals... ;)

30% of Germany's, Brazil's, Argentina's and the Netherland's World Cup hadn't been played by the time I posted. And those are the most important matches of the whole thing. Yesterday's performances finally put Kroos and Lahm in my team and wiped away any last doubts I had about not putting any Brazilian in a "team of the tourney". So, it already seems like a good idea to have waited with that kind of thing.
Who knows who'll shine tonight? Or what a possible Brazil vs. Argentina clash in the "little final" would turn out to be, especially after yesterday's humiliation?! What if Robben and/or Messi completely choke all of a sudden? O_o

I don't have a problem with any of the teams posted here, by the way. But I rate these last two rounds very, very highly.

30% of Germany's, Brazil's, Argentina's and the Netherland's World Cup hadn't been played by the time I posted.

Your post I quoted was of yesterday !!! So over 90% of the matches were played before your post. ;)

You are right that some things can happen in the next three matches, but even if messi or robben will choke - it does not change the things they have done already for their teams. And as well, there are a lot of other players that are already home, but showed great performance and belong in such a team. But each for his own.

I think it is a strang to say last 4 matches are more important and weight more than all the other matches before - but this is just my opinion...

Your post I quoted was of yesterday !!! So over 90% of the matches were played before your post. ;)

You are right that some things can happen in the next three matches, but even if messi or robben will choke - it does not change the things they have done already for their teams. And as well, there are a lot of other players that are already home, but showed great performance and belong in such a team. But each for his own.

I think it is a strang to say last 4 matches are more important and weight more than all the other matches before - but this is just my opinion...

a) I never said they are more important than ALL THE OTHER MATCHES before - not even anything close to that. You (and many others), by posting your teams of the tournament prematurely, were the ones willing to ignore ...

b) ~30% of the four remaining teams' tournaments. Please read that 30% part again. I did not say that's the percentage of matches in the tourney still to be played, but that of the semi finalists tourneys. 2 matches for each, out of 7 in total = 28,6%.
How's that fair to those? And just like that, as if to prove my point, Germany beats the freaking HOSTS Brazil with 7 goals to 1. Talk about impact of those last four matches ... ;)

This was not just addressed to you, but also to ZeroTheHero ;)
From my point of view nearly all matches are important - maybe Columbias third match was not that important ;)
KO stage matches are aswell important - also the finals.

But as mentioned above those matches declared as most important etc. is nonsense to me. Becaus if you play bad in quarter finals or even in groupstage before you are out of the tournament and will never reach the finals - so the matches upfront are important in the same way: win to proceed = win to get the cup ;)

Yeah, sorry, I did not get the 30% issue the first time i have read it ;)
For me it does not have such a big impact what happens in the last two matches of each remaining team.

For example: If Sneijder would decide the final by a FK - he would still not get into my team, because he underperformed nearly the whole tournament. Or even if robben will fail to perform well the last two matches I will not move him out, because he was great until the semis - though I hate him for acting, diving and claiming.

Maybe there will be some changes in my team aswell, e.g. Khedira <> Pogba or Müller <> Kroos - I don't know.
Yesterday they performed great - Kroos nearly the whole tournament and I was struggling to chose Müller over him, BUT I will not just take the match against Brazil as a reference. Germany was quite good and efficient, but at the same time Brazil was not that strong, especially after the 0:1.

So I will also keep an eye on the players in the last 3 matches and maybe afterwards I will change my team slightly. ;)

I agree we should wait for the finals. The final stages should be more decisive. But here goes my team anyway.

--------------Navas
Lahm-Gonzalez-Hummels-Blind
-------Matuidi----L.Gustavo
----Messi--Kroos--James
-------------Müller

No love for Gonzalez? The guy was amazing for Costa Rica!

I'm not too sure about the defensive midfielders tho, wish I could take them off for Robben and Di Maria maybe.

edit: Oh shit, I forgot Herrera, replace L.Gustavo with him ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom