Winning Eleven (2005) + SWOS (1995) = Soccer God

Madrileno

EVIVA LA LIGAAAA
18 June 2005
MALTA
Real Madrid
Winning eleven (2005) + SWOS (1995) = Soccer God game.

Winning eleven s engine + Sensible World of Soccer s carrer mode would create THE GAME.

There is a 10 yr difference between the two yet could generate a hell of a soccer game.

Who agrees with me ?

Youre an idiot for creating this thread.. theres BS all over this place.

Mods please lock this thread.

Im rather new here , what is BS ? anyway i love you .

Any once ever played SWOS in past ? What do you think about a winning eleven + SWOS ?

diggiboy, he's free to do whatever he wants as long as he offend anybody or bother the mods. If threads like this bother you, just stay away from them.

Back to topic... SWOS?? is it different from Sensible Soccer? i didn't know it had a longer name lol =P anyway, i haven't played it, just ISS, ISS Deluxe, USA '94, Super Soccer, Super Goal!... those are the ones i can remember right now from SNES... i might try it soon

It had all the clubs of the world in the career mode from the most famous to the least of african clubs ! with transfers and everything , qualifying for champions league and all that , those who are not on their 20s will not remember this, its career mode was fantastic, now put Winning Eleven match engine in something like that.

SWOS was in terms of gameplay one of the greatest games I ever played. SWOS had a mangerial aspect that no other footy game has ever matched. By that I mean one where you do the playing etc. I had so many sick days off school because of that game lol. It's strange that 10 years later and we've still never had anything quite as good. But for the next gen consoles we should be thinking more along the lines of PES/WE + Football Manager. That has the greatest managerial simulation and pes/we ahs the beat gameplay. Just think if they joined forces, we would have an amazing database. Brilliant gameplay and excellent manager options. It really would be the greatest game ever. I agree swos +pes/we would have been good for the ps2. But for the ps3 we need to think bigger, much bigger.

p.s diggiboy leave the guy alone, it's a valid point and there's no harm in discussing it with people that want to.

:applause: i've been saying that to myself for about a year!

(it used to be mixing F*FA'99 with SWOS but PES4 (and presumably 5) pee all over it.

Sensible World of Soccer was fantastic (I played the 95/96 update disks until my poor old amiga died on me)

errr, anyone got a game-merger.....

i think WE would benefit most from merging with FM now :D
For a start, SWOS rated players pretty much according to their value, but with special abilities. WE would need more than this! And FM has all the stats you could need/want. There'd be plenty of space for FM data on the ps3/xbox 360 too, and they could probably work out the score in the Hong Kong League Div 2 Reserves games in a flash :cool:

Goalscoringsuperstarhero was a legendary song though. And Jonathan Pearce. And i won't forget the first time I heard "Come On You Browns!" :lmao:

Exactly they'd be more than enough room, and just think of the online possibilities. Imagine PES/WE were it's just as fun to do the managing side of things, but I don't think we'll see this for a long time. If ever :( But I suppose they could implement SWOS features for a start.

Been saying it on here for years before every release on here but i dont think it will ever happen we really need a Great Footy game to made in Britain for this to happen.

Do you think the PS3 dvd and blue ray discs have no enough space for a WE + SWOS career ? be honest.

ah you being serious lol.......of course it will. They fit all the FM data on a cd (700mb) A blu ray disc is anything between 25-50gb!!!!!! (i think...it's at least 25gb anyway)

embraceuk1 said:
Been saying it on here for years before every release on here but i dont think it will ever happen we really need a Great Footy game to made in Britain for this to happen.

My point exactly, I'm also wishing for a move into SWOS right after the first WE came out... and I know it ain't gonna happen. Problem is Konami is located on Japan so they make the game towards Japanese point of view. Games like SWOS or FM/CM were created in Europe, so I believe we won't ever see this, except if some day Konami-Europe creates a team ( a true football fan team ) that is actually involved on the game development and not only translation for the PES release.

Madrileno said:
Do you think the PS3 dvd and blue ray discs have no enough space for a WE + SWOS career ? be honest.

SWOS was 2 x 1.44MB disks! And if I'm not mistaken only one of them was used for data... so space isn't an issue at all.

Anyway, every year we argue about this, and things just keep the same... there's really no point, Konami won't change. Next year I bet we will be talking about this all over again when WE10 is about to be released lol

Management games plus playable footy games dont together. It just ruins the point of the game. Management games are supposed to test your management skills but what if you're very good at the playable part of the game? You'll be able to beat big teams like Real Madrid with the likes of West Brom if you're good enough which isnt very realistic and ruins the management part of the game.

The problem with PES/WE is that the difference between the crap teams and the great teams is very small and if the player is good enough, he can beat anyone with any team.

If PES made it harder for teams with bad stats to win then it would be much better.

diggiboy said:

Shut it cock queen. The kid makes a valid point.Now run along and fuck off.

mattster12 said:
yeh but what were saying is a managment mode like SWOS would be perfect.

That's my point of view also, SWOS carreer mode was incredibly complete, playable and sure fun as hell for a whole lot of time (After all this years and nothing ever came close to it!) not like the crap and boring ML mode in WE where after 1 season I'm bored to death. And management aspects in SWOS were not complex at all, in fact they were even less complex than the ones currently on WE. So that's not the point here, I also believe that merging CM with WE would make some people move away as I for example don't have much patient to play CM, unless they had a lighter mode when management aspects were much reduced just like in good old SWOS. What I really wanted was the CM database in WE :)

But WE should not move deeply into the football management games area imo.

I agree. I don't really want Champ Manager depth of management. WE is essentailly an action game and whilst tactics is important, I don't want to be spending time sorting our sponsorships and the endless dull details available in CM. In fact, I can't even bothered with some of the WE management, having to undertake the tiresome tasks like training players between matches, even the boring negotations to buy players.

I just want to make an offer to buy and be told yes or no there and then. Then move on and play the next match.

SWOS was great because the depth was in the structure, the progression through the leagues, being offered jobs to take over at bigger teams, qualifying for Europe, being offered the National team job, simple but wonderfully playable and immersive.

But without the structure, no management side of the game is going to be interesting. Even if you love the in-depth CM stuff, reduce it the same structure as ML and the game would become a joke.

SWOS + WE = what I want

There is no need for depth, all this current master league needs is more leagues and teams and the ability to be sacked or offered new jobs at new clubs and of course the proper champions league format etc,,,, and that would be a great step towards WE + SWOS and all I mentioned is 3 features.

plumbers_x said:
SWOS + WE = what I want

I think it's what everyone wants! :)

Well, at least all of those who did play SWOS... of course there are always a small number of people that never played SWOS in their lifes (kids that just started playing videogames a few years ago I guess, so they never got the chance to play it) and just keep criticising this idea without any arguments, those will never understand how immersive SWOS was.

Yeah, I guess those of us who have grown up with the earliest computer footy games and seen how the whole genre has developed (and regressed in some areas) have a more accurate perpesctive of what is and should be achievable.

If some teenager, who has never played SWOS, were to go and play it now, they would just laugh it out of town. By modern standards, the graphics are woeful, the on-the-pitch gameplay simplistic. They would ditch it before giving the career mode a chance. But those of us who grew up with it know it's importance, know how much of a breakthrough it was.

One thing is for sure, if WE9 were to have the same career structure as SWOS, and then for WE10, Konami reverted to their old ML format, we would not hear the end of complaints from those who currently dismiss SWOS as some historic relic.

Trust me guys, if WE ever meets SWOS, you'll wonder how we ever put up with this current crummy ML format.

Yeah, that's it exactly, I think younger gamers that never had a Spectrum, Atari or Amiga to play, they started playing when 3D games were popping up pay much more attention to visuals. So if they have a look at SWOS now they will run away without even trying to play it as of course graphics are pretty outdated (even though they are still funny nowadays), though gameplay is still great even if simplistic! For me of course graphics are important, but number one is gameplay (In which on WE is great) and longevity (In which besides multiplayer, WE sucks really hard).

SWOS carreer mode is the best 1 player mode ever created for a footy game! No doubt about that. And I don't see any other game beating that soon and honestly I don't know why not as this isn't clearly any technological issue...

diggiboy said:

err....ain't a forum a place to (freely) express ideas on a particular topic? If you just want news, bugger off to a general game news website! We don't need any of this negative mental attitude here bruv....

On topic, Sensible soccer was legendary. However, most of all, I really miss the scenario challenge modes of the old ISS games on the SNES.

Some of these were based on real games in the past and they usually put you in a position where you are some team losing 2-0 with 15 minutes to go and you've just got your top goalscorer sent off. The challenge was then to win the game so that you can qualify for the knockout stages.....those were the days :(

Last edited:
Playing the career mode in SWOS gave you the feeling of a living realistic world, its what Winning Eleven needs instead of the dull unrealistic master league.

The longevitivy of Winning Eleven is supported only by the great gameplay, imagine if they inject a SWOS career in its DNA.

rockykabir said:
On topic, Sensible soccer was legendary. However, most of all, I really miss the scenario challenge modes of the old ISS games on the SNES.

From what I got from the news, it seems we will have this kind of scenario mode on WE9, it would be a nice move from Konami, but I believe it when I see it. I can't believe the number of years they took to implement this...

It's a nice mode, but very limited in time, after you finish them all there's not much else you can do unlike SWOS carreer mode. But at least will add some more options for the 1 player side of the game.

Do you people remember Player Manger, a mix of Kick Off and a manager game. Now that was a fantastic game. If they would only elaborate on the master league concept.

Well any type of fresh air witch brings with it a little realism in the master league is welcomed.

Back
Top Bottom