The 2014 FIFA Golden Ball 2014 nominated | December 1, 2014
Cristiano Ronaldo
Lionel Messi
Manuel Neuer

tumblr_nfwwmmyVia1qbiysso8_500.png

tumblr_nfwy17jQFe1qcflxzo3_500.jpg

tumblr_nfwy17jQFe1qcflxzo2_500.jpg

tumblr_nfwy17jQFe1qcflxzo1_500.jpg

Ronaldo is the most powerful competitors Golden Globes 2014.
In the new season, he has scored 24 goals, including 12 in the league games and scored 20 goals, eight assists, scorer and assists in the standings are topped.

Last edited:
Prefer Messi but CRonaldo deserves it again.

As for Neuer, WC's are only a few games. Not enough to overturn 50 games worth. Neuer is a great GK but there's no way a GK who spends most of the time pissing about near the halfway line out of boredom should be anywhere near this list.

i would give it to Neuer. not because the others have it, but if Cannavaro won it in 2006 just for his two weeks in world cup instead of Kaka or Henry in phenomenal form for club, than... why not Neuer? Neuer at least is awesome for his team club as well wich would be deserved...

during the france football era of the award, it was sort of a tradition (cruyff in 74 as the only true exception), that I didn't particularly agree, to give it to a world cup winning player in the world cup years. then, in 2010, fifa obtained the award and changed that. but not for the better, though. it was for the sake of their usual messi dickriding, unsurprisingly.

my prediction for this year; the votes of anti-ronaldo guys among players and coaches will be divided between neuer and messi so ronaldo will nick it by a slight margin. won't be bothered with neuer winning it either, as I think ribery was the one who deserved the award last year ahead of ronaldo.

Last edited:
i mean there is NO bigger trophy in world football than world cup trophy, only the best players of teams are choosen for national team, and only best national teams play in world cup...to ignore that competition achievement would mean that club football is above world cup football, that might be true...but then there should be best footballer award and best world cup footballer award..

also what does it mean best footballer, there are positions of attackers, midfielders, goalkeepers etc...why ignore always goalkeepers and award only attackers mostly..or wingers who score only..

this whole thing is stupid, whole individual player award is stupid in collective sports..

best performers are always attackers couse they score goals, so goalkeepers are ignored, even if they are PHENOMENAL, as Neuer is.

stupid to discouss it.. Germany won the world cup, best player of Germany was Neuer. Ronaldo vs. Messi... both best players in the world right now... but to ignore FOOTBALL skills of the likes of Suarez to not be on short list made this whole thing a farce...and don´t start with his bites etc... im talking about FOOTBALLING skills...

I think defence doesn't depend on individuals as much as the attack. it's mostly a comprehensive team effort, an organization thing (not saying the attack isn't so). also, people see create > break. so it's kind of natural that attacking ones are seen as the "best players". if you ask barcelona players, they'll say messi is their best, ask madrid team they'll say ronaldo, ask spanish nt they'll say iniesta, picking one guy as the best. but then again there have been defence leaders too, like maldini, terry, puyol, lahm etc. but their teammates will give their name only when asked who's your leader at the back, the backbone of the team...

so personally I'd make three seperate awards. goalkeepers, defensive players, attacking players(or so called the best ones). maybe another separate award trio for the world cup as well. but it's just fantasy compared to what the football's governing bodies decided very long time ago. btw, I find penalty shootouts quite stupid too. but it has always been there in football.

as for neuer, even if he doesn't win it, I know it's the one that holds the shiny ball will be remembered in the end but making the top 3 as a goalkeeper is quite an achievement too, looking from the bright side. when I notice the rare non-attackers who made the top 3 in the previous rankings, I find it quite impressive.

as for suarez, he hasn't won anything last year, has he? he was also rather quiet in the big games as well. only 1 goal and maybe a couple of assists in total 9 games vs mutd,city,chels,arse. and then it was his own stupidity getting himself out of the wc that way. he should've made the short list probably but top 3? nope.

Ronaldo will win and deserves it. Neuer is great player and should deserve this top 3 finish, but I don't think he was THAT stand-out during the club and WC this year to reign on top, but a 2nd is good. Messi has been great, but not enough to top these two.

I think Neuer deserve it, for me WC games are the most important games for a football player/fan and the other 2 didnt show to be the best in that tournament.

Bayern could play with a budgie in goal in most Bundesliga games. C. Ronaldo has a much bigger impact on games than any top GK at a top team. The curse of being a GK, I guess, you simply don't contribute as much.

Suarez should be in his place. Yes, he's an idiot but after the season he had it's nonsensical that he's not in there.

This must be the 10th time Ronaldo and Messi are disputing for this, we need new flesh in the golden globe.

Maybe in 3 or 4 years when they finally start to slow down. At that time guys like Hazard, Bale, Isco, Gotze, and Neymar will be in their prime. That said, someone out of the blue could come in and take world football by the horns. Remember when Cisse was thought of as the next great thing

Going down memory lane

FourFourTwo Top 75 prospects in 2001

1. Djibril Cisse (STR, Auxerre)
2. Andres D'Allesandro (AM, River Plate)
3. Leandro Bonfim (AM, Vitoria/PSV Eindhoven)
4. Fernando Jose Torres (STR, Atletico Madrid)
5. Jermaine Pennant (R/WNG, Arsenal)
6. Rafael Van der Vaart (C/MF, Ajax)
7. Florent Sinama-Pongolle (STR, Le Havre/Liverpool)
8. Piotr Trochowski (AM, FC Bayern Munich)
9. Anthony Le Tallec (AM/CFWD, Le Havre/Liverpool)
10. Mourad Meghni (AM, Bologna)
11. Pedro Mantorras (STR, Benfica Lisbon)
12. David Odonkor (FWD, Borussia Dortmund)
13. Darren Fletcher (C/MF, Manchester United)
14. John Welsh (C/DM, Liverpool)
15. Kim Kallstrom (CM, BK Hacken)
16. Philippe Mexes (CB, Auxerre)
17. Johnny Heitinga (CB, Ajax)
18. Juan Andreu Melli (CM, Real Betis)
19. Baldo Di Gregorio (CB, Eintract Frankfurt)
20. Andres Iniesta (AM, Barcelona)
21. Milan Baros (STR, Liverpool)
22. Marius Niculae (STR, Sporting Lisbon)
23. Fabricio Coloccini (CB, Milan/on loan to Alaves)
24. Ricardo Bernardo Quaresma (L/WNG, Sporting Lisbon)
25. Maicon(RWB, Cruzeiro)
26. Hugo Viana (CM, Sporting Lisbon)
27. Arjen Robben (L/WNG, Groningen/PSV Eindhoven)
28. Julio Colombo (CB, Montpellier)
29. Gregory Vignal (LB, Liverpool)
30. Jermaine DeFoe (STR, West Ham United)
31. Gareth Barry (LB, Aston Villa)
32. Marat Izmailov (AM/FWD, Lokomotiv Moscow)
33. Hassan Yebda (DM, Auxerre)
34. Leandro Romagnoli (AM, San Lorenzo)
35. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (CFWD, Ajax)
36. Dean Ashton (CFWD, Crewe Alexandria)
37. Ednilson (AM, Benfica Lisbon)
38. Chris Kirkland (GK, Liverpool)
39. Emilliano S. Dudar (CB, Velez Sarsfield)
40. Helder Postiga (STR, Porto)
41. Ahmed 'Mido' Hossam (STR/LWNG, Ajax)
42. Joaquin Sanchez (L/WNG, Real Betis)
43. Diego Ribas (AM, Santos)
44. Jay Lucas (CFWD, Southampton)
45. Niko Kranjcar (AM/CFWD, Dinamo Zagreb)
46. Christian Petereit (RB/CB, Schalke 04)
47. Ewerthon (STR/FWD, Borussia Dortmund)
48. Gael Givet (CB/LB, Monaco)
49. Francesco Lodi (AM, Empoli/Parma)
50. Massimo Donati (DM, AC Milan)
51. Gatti Ribeiro (RWB, Blooming)
52. Jeremie Aliadiere (STR, Arsenal)
53. Francesco Tarantino (LB/CB, Athletic Bilbao)
54. Lourenco Da Silva (FWD/LWNG, Sporting Lisbon)
55. Alexander Ludwig (L/WNG, Werder Bremen)
56. Landon Donovan (STR, San Jose Earthquakes)
57. Ricardo Costa (CB, FC Porto)
58. Filip Trojan (L/WNG, Schalke 04)
59. Carlos Martins (CM, Sporting Lisbon)
60. Serhat Akin (STR, Fenerbahce)
61. Johnnier Montano (AM/FWD, Parma-on loan to Verona)
62. Mark Fotheringham (C/MF, Celtic)
63. Rubinho (GK, Corinthians)
64. Michael Chopra (STR, Newcastle)
65. Edward Johnson (STR, Dallas Burn)
66. Johnny Van Beukering (STR, Vitesse)
67. Santino Quaranta (STR, DC United)
68. Andreas Hinkel (RB/RWB, Stuttgart)
69. Bojan Djrodjic (L/WNG, Manchester United)
70. Matteo Brighi (CM, Juventus)
71. Cherno Samba (CFWD, Millwall)
72. Hassan Ahamada (LWNG/STR, Nantes)
73. Theo Janssen (LM, Vitesse)
74. Derik Boateng (AM, Panathinaikos)
75. Mauro Rosales (R/WNG,

Last edited:
I would like to Neuer get golden ball (like all Bayern fans), but CR will win it.

But i hate most arguments about CR, like he won CR... be realistic he score after game was finished in Munchen and i didnt see him in final until he score penalty in 119. minute.
I will not talk about WC...

I think CR7 will get it in nearly 3 hours.

My guess:
1. Ronaldo
2. Neuer
3. Messi

I personally would give it to Neuer, but the main Problem is that strikers and GKs can hardly be compared due to their performances.
As long as not each category (GK, defenders, midfilders, strikers) gets its own Ballon d'Or, it's time that a GK wins the trophy.

I would have loved to see Neuer winning it, but given objective criteria I think it is not a bad decision to give it to Ronaldo. His stats are outstanding and even after all those parade's of Neuer during the year, Ronaldo is not an undeserved winner.

Back
Top Bottom