What to upgrade to play eFootball?

peropero

Non-League
5 June 2020
Hi. I tried eFootball PES 2020 demo. Game runs smooth on my PC with most of the time 60 fps if I run it on 1920 x 1080 on window. But if run the game on resolutions above that it becomes slow (I get only 50 fps or lower). I have a PC with i5-7400 processor, Geforce 1050 graphics card, and 8 GB RAM. What do I need to upgrade in my PC to play that game on 1440p resolution and on 4K resolution smoothly? Thank you.

PES is surprisingly CPU demanding but in your case, I'd definitely upgrade the graphics card. To play at 1440p+, I'd look at a GTX 1660 Super or better for Nvidia OR a RX 5600 or better for AMD Radeon.

It really depends on the game you want to play but as a general rule of thumb, I definitely DO NOT recommend it for 4K gaming.

I would not pay more than 300 euros for gpu. GTX 1660 is maximum that i would pay for. For little more than 300 euros I can get the xbox one x (used one) with 4k capability.

If you want to play in 4k, you should wait for the new consoles. They're cheaper than graphics cards suitable for 4k.

Google Stadia would be even cheaper for me. But the problem is that in my country in Europe it is not available.

PES is surprisingly CPU demanding but in your case, I'd definitely upgrade the graphics card. To play at 1440p+, I'd look at a GTX 1660 Super or better for Nvidia OR a RX 5600 or better for AMD Radeon.
1050 is totally fine for PES, its the processor here, i5 isnt good enough for today's standards. I'd suggest switching to Ryzen 5 2600 or 3600.

His processor is fine. If he wants to wants to switch to Ryzen, he'd have to get a new motherboard and probably upgrade his RAM. He wants to play at higher resolutions; the final deciding factor of his frame rate will be his graphics card.

Back
Top Bottom