What time length do you use on PES? and what should be the standard?

what time length do you play?

• Total voters

klashman69

Fight the Power!
28 November 2007
I Travel.
This is a crucial part of the game and something people very much neglect in how it affects the whole game.

I made a post about it here:
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2177825&postcount=16463

I want to see what lengths people play on, what time length should be the standard and why you believe it is.

I believe if football games are to move forward in a realsitic aspect the only way is develop the game to be played at longer half lengths since in terms of game balance there's no way a game can beat PES 5 in terms of 10 minute matches, the balance there is the peak in my opinion. For me it's too striking how some of the hard coded realistic aspects of PES 2011 are annoying even to players in 10 minute games!

I think the standard should be 15 minute games across the board, in online matches etc. MLO etc.. etc.. as it allows enough time to get a proper feel tot he game which 10 minutes dosen't but not too long for server purposes etc.. So that's 7 1/2 minutes a half which is slightly longer than FIFA's standard at 6

Also when i say categorize it's in Konami's best interest to look at balancing the game in terms of how long each match is and trying to get users to how to get the game they want

5 minutes i'm not even going to talk about, no need!

10 minutes: PES 5/6 style, people who want a fun game you can't beat it, the balance on those games are perfectly suited to this time length. There's inst enough time for sufficient tactical changes or paitent possession play and chess like thinking, more about showing your ability with the pad off, instant control etc..

15 minutes: The standard, for people who want to play, and for realistic purposes It's pretty much fine the way it is in PES 2011, but some reduction on the through ball effectiveness would be great :))

20 minutes and above: For those ho want just realsim only really The game balance again here is fine, there's enough time for players and the AI to think about chess like tactics etc.. and proper possession play. Fluid animations is needed though across the board but there's not much to say here...

So people can use this as a guide to choosing the time length you want to suit how you want to play so if you want loads of realsim you know that 10 mintue games are too short and won't offer what you want. It's also ideas for PES 2012 in terms of 10 minute balancing since it's clear you need to stick to the PES 5/6 base for that amount of time length.

Last edited:
Re: What time length do you use on PES and what should be th standard?

I'm PES 6 guy and a realistic play fan (passing play for example) and I find 10 minute length quite realistic considering the after-match stats such as the amount of shots.

I'm PES 6 guy and a realistic play fan (passing play for example) and I find 10 minute length quite realistic considering the after-match stats such as the amount of shots.

I would of thought it does a lot deeper than that?

of course it does. I just didn't want to detail it much. I hope I understood what you mean. :)

15 min matches for me. only stepped up to this length recently, plays a much more balanced realistic game IMO.
on 10 min matches if i went a goal down i felt rushed into needing to attack, leading to more mistakes etc.
with 15 min matches i know there will b ample time to knock the ball around, create openings and get a goal.

I play on 10 minutes, but will give 15 minutes a go later on today and see how I like it... that's actually the time limit I play with against mates online, but not tried against the AI.

Ok, 10 was the standard because like with the classic PS1 ISS when Master League first dropped, like with every competition you played, you were basically locked into that time frame for the whole game.

It's changed now since you can edit how many minutes you want each match offline in all modes and difficulty levels.

15 min matches for me. only stepped up to this length recently, plays a much more balanced realistic game IMO.
on 10 min matches if i went a goal down i felt rushed into needing to attack, leading to more mistakes etc.
with 15 min matches i know there will b ample time to knock the ball around, create openings and get a goal.

Exactly! the AI suffers from this as well, it rushes way too much and leads to more mistakes than you would get on 15 minutes plus.

also through balls are overpowered on 10 minutes and you tends to start playing ti as a game and constantly spamming them! Rather than cool off and get yourself settled.

I play mostly 10 minute matches and the occasional game on 15. Although I think 6 minute halves should be the standard like Fifa. That would be ideal.

15 minute games are my preference, but due to mainly playing online or with/against mates who don't like the longer matches I end up playing mostly 10 minute games.

15 imo.
Or i used to think so.
For PES6, 15 is perfect.
For 2011, i get bored before the end of the match

I play offline only. 30 minute matches. I do not plan on playing a full season on 2011. Maybe next year.

I play mostly 10 minute matches and the occasional game on 15. Although I think 6 minute halves should be the standard like Fifa. That would be ideal.

7 1/2 which is 15 minutes, don't see whats the issue really? it's a minute and a half difference lol.

15 imo.
Or i used to think so.
For PES6, 15 is perfect.
For 2011, i get bored before the end of the match

used to play 15 on pes6 as well, after about 4 games i ironically either get frustrated or bored really of the AI running down the wing doing that same god dam cross! It really pissed me off how they sped up when being jostled!

30 minutes offline. It's the only way.

15 minutes online, because that's all they allow. Anyone who plays MLO will know that 30 minutes against one of those spammy kids would be like going to hell, but it would be good to have the option of playing longer games against friends.

20 min's. Perfect time

10 mins for me. I've played 15 mins on BEL as a striker. 4 seasons later I have 263 goals in 263 games. Far too many.

10 mins for me. I've played 15 mins on BEL as a striker. 4 seasons later I have 263 goals in 263 games. Far too many.

ok, interesting :)

BAL is unique compared to single player, Myself i've even played 5 mintue games on it, but 5 mintues is pretty much useless though.

I use 10 minutes as well when i play BAL, sometimes 15, and on the odd game 20.

The game itself actually runs longer than that anyway. A 10 minute game takes usually about 15 minutes to complete, and a 15 minute game, more like 25 minutes with all the stoppages, cut-scenes etc.

15 minutes only for me unless its MLO, then I have no choice but 10 minute games.

I've always gone for 15mins with every WE/PES game I played. But for PES 2011, I'm considering playing 20mins now.

I have played 15 minutes until a few weeks ago and wen't back to 10. I play vast amounts of offline ML so 10 is right for me, 15 minutes make a season a bit of a slog.

I do love 15 minute matches though, just knowing you have more time makes a big difference. If you concede on 10 you can rush and pesitus is more likely to strike, I have managed to adapt to 10 minutes now although Klash is right about the exploitative through ball.

Would be interested to know what seabass thinks the game runs best at.

Just came across with this thread. I always played 10 minute games and going to try it on 15 minutes and see how it feels.

One question before I try. Is a 15 minute game speed slower than a 10 minute game? I'm talking about the overall game speed.

Not sure myself but it does feel like it.

Also it helps that you do not feel rushed.

I was up to 15 minutes in Pes 2010, but I haven't felt the need for it now, so I set the game on 10 minutes.

I have started an offline ML and gone back to 15 minutes, this has only reinforced my opinion that PES 2011 is the greatest football sim ever made, the balance is perfect and the AI builds attacks better. Crucially I do not feel rushed, I have mastered manual passing and its a joy building possession and being able to pass the ball wherever you want, the manual passing in this game is nothing short of sublime, you have to be forceful and precise to get the angle.

I am enjoying pes 2011 more than I did after having the game for a week, despite some hideous flaws the depth of this game is magnificent.

Back
Top Bottom