Vote for Future PES Control Settings (most important R2 & R-stick functions)

What would you like for the future PES , 2021 and onwards, control settings?

• Total voters

slamsoze

International
28 September 2010
As many times we have discussed about how convenient or not is the new control setup of PES 2020, but i have never seen a poll, or anyone posting it in some official feedback, a facebook,twitter post, i make this poll, so we can have some measurable results, furthermore to the theoretical discussion.

For me it is clear, i have stated it hundreds of times, that I DO NOT LIKE the 2020 control setup, i can't feel that i am in control of my game. I just include a third option to have them both, pre-2020 and 2020 control setting, just for those who like it and find it useful.

So i will vote to have them both, the third option, but i am 100% AGAINST the current year mandatory setup.

If someone believes that it would be a better poll, if the question was a straight dipole? NEW or OLD only, let me know, or just go on and create it. If we need the old setup to be back in future PES, i believe we should do something now, before it is too late, at least for next year.

P.S.: When i say about control setup, i mostly mean R2, R1 and R-stick functions. Trap Feints, Close control, Short knock-on, Ball trap control, turn and face the opposition goal, etc.

P.S.2: Someone english-speaker, that could help me with the language , if i have some tragic wrong phrases, you are welcome, feel free to PM me and correct me, if it can be formulated/worded better. :)

Last edited:
well, options are allways a good thing, imo, so i voted for "include both with option to choose"! :BYE:
If we assume that everyone votes both options, do you believe it would be clear for those who would not like to have only the 2020 setting mandatory?

If we assume that everyone votes both options, do you believe it would be clear for those who would not like to have only the 2020 setting mandatory?
same question like with manual or PAwhatever... not really sure what to answer here.
as i see it, around 95% of the users dont check on settings like that; they jump right into the game. so the controls that are set when you start the game first time are the controls most users will use, i think.
my advice: include both options but when you first start the game, there would pop up a tutorial screen showing you both options and you had to choose (same with shooting). you could even go further and showcase those 2 options in an animation! people need to get hinted/pushed towards their luck sometimes! ;)
the other game does that in some kind of way, afair.

another thing: the game could give you a hint when you playing legend and winning all the time (like 40 wins), that there is another control method available (manual)!

or make it an incentive to play fuma! give the users something when playing "the more versaitle" game (aka fuma). say: you play 50 matches in fuma and youll unlock the austrich! :LOL: ;) but you get my idea, right!?

same question like with manual or PAwhatever... not really sure what to answer here.
as i see it, around 95% of the users dont check on settings like that; they jump right into the game. so the controls that are set when you start the game first time are the controls most users will use, i think.
my advice: include both options but when you first start the game, there would pop up a tutorial screen showing you both options and you had to choose (same with shooting). you could even go further and showcase those 2 options in an animation! people need to get hinted/pushed towards their luck sometimes! ;)
the other game does that in some kind of way, afair.

another thing: the game could give you a hint when you playing legend and winning all the time (like 40 wins), that there is another control method available (manual)!
Yeah. Here i mean, if PES 2021 controls are:

same with 2019 and before= i am OK!
same with 2020 = i am not OK!
both options = everyone is OK! (But i am not sure if it expresses people that ARE NOT OK with 2020 only) .

(looks like a Schrödinger's cat problem :) ) i will leave it as it is for the moment. Hope it could pass the correct message.

Yeah. Here i mean, if PES 2021 controls are:

same with 2019 and before= i am OK!
same with 2020 = i am not OK!
both options = everyone is OK! (But i am not sure if it expresses people that ARE NOT OK with 2020 only) .

(looks like a Schrödinger's cat problem :) ) i will leave it as it is for the moment. Hope it could pass the correct message.
Reg. both options: why should it be a problem? Both are in.
I know the Schrödingers cat problem but I dont see it here. Hm...

Example: Give the game 10 controller options, I’d stick with manual (most probably). Why would I bother that other users have 9 more options to choose from?!

I guess the topic discussion is lost in translation somehow. :D

Last edited:
They should've add legacy settings before introduce the new one. Anyway does anyone feel weird sometimes the keeper doesn't move during set-piece ? according to this guide

https://realsport101.com/pes/pes-20...oalkeeper-defence-attack-on-ps4-and-xbox-one/

It says "Keep holding △ until opponent takes kick" but my GK doesn't move at all, this thing works in PES 2017 so i can stop AI from scoring but not in PES 2020.
I gave up using it since 2019 and also reduced using secondary pressure with :square: . At general all these moves that are executed automated by COM controlled teamates, require good AI/IQ, which is in decline the latest years. The general focus is to push people use more manual moves like R3+L1. Problem is, this focus is for online crowd and we the offline people, pay the cost for it.

We don't have problem if the CPU executes correctly some football moves for us, since we are neither "competitive" , nor want to prove any "skill gap". There is no need to break almost every CPU-executed move, just to make the game an infinity 1 vs 1. It is still 11 vs 11.

I like the new controls. We need a new collision system though. Thats the biggest issue i find with penalties. Its more of a core problem where certain tackles are never judged as fouls and the AI usual get away with it. but even i get away with it vs the AI at times. Its outdated.

The R3 dribbling is lovely. It needs so much development and refining, this was never going to be perfect but they have done a really good job with it first time introduced.

When Barry played PES 2020 at E3 last year the whole R3 thing was even then an experimental build. I knew then this game would have some underlying issues with it. I think its has hurt the AI in a number of areas. You see this weird thing down the wing from AI players where they stop at times after a run, cut on their weaker foot to cross the ball??? Its a clear error in the AI movement detection.

I really want PES 2021 to be the same as 2020 but more refined and a vastly overhauled collision system.

More animations are needed to make sure the responsiveness is on point along with reaction and player switching.

Whatever people think of PES 2020 its very well made core gameplay. its needs work, the game feels very raw and the key needed is refinement. The only thing to do with core gameplay which is shit is the collision system. The rest of the core gameplay is in a very good place.

I assume that if there was a 1‰ chance to get more options on this, or a Legacy/Standard system, it all goes down if it will be only a Season Update.

Back
Top Bottom