Urgent Help Required - Unable to enter room (ONLY with a specific friend)

Rooney10

Championship
10 November 2006
As the title above, so when PSN finally came up, decided to pop PES back in and have some nice matches with a fellow player. We used to play perfectly fine before the PSN outage. However, during the outage, we upgraded our connections to both the same ISP, 100mbs download, 10 times faster than that of our old connection. Whilst upgrading, we also upgraded our routers.

Now, whenever we try to connect/join each others' match room, we get the above message, unable to join match room. We have absolutely no problem at all joining anyone elses' match room, albeit without each other in that room only.

Have tried putting both in DMZ zones by specifying IP address manually on the PS3 and then specifying on our router setup pages. Have tried both wired/wireless, same issue.

Is there any way around it? I googled, it seems like a common problem, but seriously, why is this happening? I'm at a loss for words.

It randomly happens to me and stops me from playing MLO. All I do to get around it is simply reset the router.

Sounds as if you're suffering from Sods Law.

I dont actually know why this happens, although I have seen it before. We usually have to get a 3rd person to host the room, then go into the room, then the host leaves. That works.

Have tried the third party thingy didn't work. Seems like some conflict going on either between the same ISP plans or different routers. Somehow we can connect fine as good as the other changes to another connection for example iPhone hotspot to test..

Really weird problem. Have tried anything and we can't possibly make do with the 1mbs hotspot to play.. Dreading the possible switch to FIFA till new pes comes out in a few mths. The only thing we do with pes mainly is 2v2 matches against strangers..

already have it on 2. have already tried putting both sides routers' on DMZ. one is using dlink 615 and im using engenius 9850. could it be a router conflict? what are the chances though?!

i do not have other multiplayer games to test on, so not sure whether it's a game only problem.

just in case, it helps anyone in the future.

Problem solved, could be either friend updating his dlink firmware drivers to the latest or me disabling upnp on my own engenius router settings.

Able to connect to each other without any problem now.

Thanks lads.

Hey buddy, sorry for the very delayed response. But it may help if the issue ever does recur. I'm sure you've gathered through your own experience that PES2011 is pretty buggy in a few sectors. The game can give you beans when you try to go online even if you were connected without a problem 5 seconds ago. I've managed to solve most of these online errors, including not being able to enter a particular room, or the message "An error has occurred." even before you get into any of the online modes, by simply adjusting the port settings in the game itself. I usually switch it from auto to manual, and choose any arb port, as it doesn't really matter. I then exit to the top menu, and try to go online again. This generally fails by virtue of the random port I had selected in the option menu. When it fails I go back to the options and switch the port setting back to auto. This seems to hot wire the game, and fools it into forgetting about the earlier issue. Trying to go online after sees no error, and has always solved any issues that I had earlier. Very simple but helped alot to resolve these very small simple issues, that really shouldn't have been issues in the. 1st place.

Back
Top Bottom