Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

I pre-ordered from Shopto but cancelled as I had points to spend through Rakuten/Simply Games.

Mines been posted so should get it tomorrow.
Shopto are usually very reliable on pre-order deliveries.

Really enjoying this but think I'm nearing the end. I don't want it to finish.

I think I've missed loads of stuff though because I'll see something and think I'll look what's up there first and end up not being able to go back.

Really enjoying this but think I'm nearing the end. I don't want it to finish.

I think I've missed loads of stuff though because I'll see something and think I'll look what's up there first and end up not being able to go back.

This is a game to play a shitload of times. I've started on crushing already, but I might test the hard/normal, so I can use the spot and teammate thingy.

I like the pacing, also the game is so pretty.

It's good.... really good... but....

If you've played the Uncharted series before, it doesn't stray far from that formula.. hence, for me it didn't feel new.
It also suffers from 'on rails' at all times. No real freedom to explore and considering the whole theme of Uncharted is to be an 'exploration game' it's limiting to only be allowed to go one way through the game.

Of course I am appreciative and completely understand why this had to be done.
It's telling a story and feels a lot like a glorified, interactive movie blockbuster that you're taking a big part in rather than you playing the game with total control of your actions and decisions.

I really like it... I just don't love it...

Love it playing on crushing difficulty and it's a typically uncharted game. I am tired of open world to be honest but there room for improvement.

The action pieces are astounding at times and tedious in others.

It's good.... really good... but....

If you've played the Uncharted series before, it doesn't stray far from that formula.. hence, for me it didn't feel new.
It also suffers from 'on rails' at all times. No real freedom to explore and considering the whole theme of Uncharted is to be an 'exploration game' it's limiting to only be allowed to go one way through the game.

Of course I am appreciative and completely understand why this had to be done.
It's telling a story and feels a lot like a glorified, interactive movie blockbuster that you're taking a big part in rather than you playing the game with total control of your actions and decisions.

I really like it... I just don't love it...

But none of the Uncharted games were like that. Its not a Tomb Raider or Soul Reaver

Good game... But... Im at 13 chapter and im bored. Im tired of climbing. I didnt have this feeling in TLoU even for a sec.

Recently bought this one and played upto chapter 8.
What can I say, love this game.
Yes, it's more of the same but for me there is nothing wrong with that.

The game looks gorgeous, love investigating caves and caverns.
This is how ps4 games should look.

Just finished it 2 days ago. Great example of what a modern game should look like. Great storyline as well :TU:

Just finished it:

+incredible visuals, still up with par with the likes of TLOU2 or Ghost of Tsushima
+amazing storytelling
+lowered the amount of run and gun parts(i had like 0 cheap kills in this one compared to Uncharted3 which was a cheap killfest!!!!), also you may choose in many cases to either run and gun or just sneak around
+the most puzzles we got in the series so far, could have been more complex but they were still fun tho
+it got a little bit of open world like exploration at some chapters
+amazing over the top action scenes
- this one got this where the hell now should i go stuff now with the expanded exploration parts. since many 3d elements you usually can climb, jump on of course you cant climb or jump on all of them all the time, only on those which can advance the plot, so sometimes if the game is a bit open you often you fall into your death, this is a poor design choice
- there was a cutscene towards the end where the antagonist could easily kill Nate but he didnt do it even after sending 1000 soldiers to kill him, that scene made no sense

Still the best Uncharted game, one of the best PS4 games and hell i think this the best ND game, even better than the Last of Us (part one) since the gameplay is on par here with the story, the latter one has inferior gameplay imo.

Last edited:
Only 5 years after originally released on PS4.
But Uncharted 4 is now coming to PC, according to a Sony leak.

screenshot-2021-05-26-161022-1622070986504.png

Back
Top Bottom