UKRAINE thread

Like the good old days :D

shevchenko_ukraine.jpg

shevchenko-milan-483.jpg

Congratulations Ukraine! Long live Shevchenko. I recall his early days with Dinamo kiev, amazing Champions League and Europe, alongside Rebrov, and now, almost done, wants to leave with a bang... great moment for football...

Hopefully Blokhin replaces Khacheridi with Rakytsky.

Don't know if Shevchenko's body can cope with the rigours of this tournament schedule but he looked rejuvenated by the atmosphere last time around in Kiev.

Konoplianka is promising but if his club think's he is worth £50M than they have more front than Zamparini.

The replay from when the first big one thunderstorm struck was amazing! The screens in the stadium went all red, and the signal went completely off!
Also the one that showed us the flooded tribunes!

Now Ukraine must beat England.

Yarmalenko is Ukraine's future. Very skilful. Too bad he relies too heavily on his left-foot.

Now Ukraine must beat England.

Yarmalenko is Ukraine's future. Very skilful. Too bad he relies too heavily on his left-foot.

They'll need more than just one player. Rather disappointing from him and Konoplianka last night. They never went searching for the ball. And no creative midfielder emerging either.

Devic impressed but really after they conceded France were in second gear and still looked at ease.

They need to work on their youth football when Dinamo Kiev struck fear into opponents.

Devic should be starting ahead of Voronin.

Konoplianka has some talent but is a very selfish individual. I MUCH prefer Yarmolnko.

It`s not only the midfielders who are playing very well, but the whole team.
As for my opinion it`s the best performance so far of the Euro, even against France they did very well. Their tactics are just great - everyone is atacking, even the centrebacks are pushing forward.
This is the way everyone should play, most of the other teams just do not play for winning but only for not to receive any goals.

I wonder how you can go to a big tournament with just being concerned about the defense - if you do not score, you`ll never win the trophy.
That`s maybe the main reason why this year we see so many draws.

I almost cried when Shevchenko banged in two goals. Great for him, great for Ukraine and great for football :) I hope you beat the English, not because I have anything against the English but simpy because since Poland is out we need a host country in the next round.

Good luck!

:CRY:Ukraine dominated for this match. We showed good and interesting football. And referee didn't deduct goal. So I'm sure that Germany will win this Euro. I'm so dissapointed...:CRY:

And jet another great performance...
It was really a pleasure watching Ucraine, too bad that they didn`t win, they were better all the time.

Sorry Yarmalenko is what I would call a sand-dancer.

Seems to try and do some fancy footwork, but ask him to actually do something constructive and he goes to pot.

Unlucky right enough tonight, played well, just missing that killer touch.

The guy Milevsky ain't a real footballer is he? Surely he won a lottery ticket or something to get a game for his country?

FD

Does he have the match ball underneath his shirt? :LOL:

I feel sorry for Ukraine tonight, but it just wasn't good enough and even the disallowed goal wouldn't be enough...

Ukraine played with great heart, its a shame they just didn't quite have the ability to convert the chances and possession into goals

Ukraine played some lovely football with great off the ball movement but if you do not take advantage of your dominance then one freak chance is enough to put you out.

Not to mention Platini's prats behind the goal line.

Blokhin should be retained. They've been unlucky with injuries in defence and in the net and they have a nucleus of young players from which to build from like Yarmash, Rakitsky who should have started from the first game and right down to young Bohdan Butko who didn't look at all out of place.

Blokhin and Hamren should both be retained by Sweden and Ukraine. They did a good job given the circumstances and both teams were actually quite unlucky. Sweden were arguably the better team against Ukraine and England but ended up somehow losing both games.

Those two coaches are good and can make more progress for their nations if retained.

Back
Top Bottom